Rivalry Renewed - Bowl Edition?

TxHoops

Looks like it will not happen. We shall see if Chip is correct.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/19/report-sec-am-would-nix-bowl-game-vs-texas/

So now if it does not happen it is ONLY because A&M and the SEC are scared of Texas  :unsure: - and this information comes from a Texas source and of course that is NEVER anti-A&M  :rolleyes:

So now if it does not happen it is ONLY because A&M and the SEC are scared of Texas  :unsure: - and this information comes from a Texas source and of course that is NEVER anti-A&M  :rolleyes:

Do you think losing to UT AGAIN would help the aggies cause?

The report does say that the SEC is against the game NOT the aggies. They are well aware of why UTAM in in their conference.

So now if it does not happen it is ONLY because A&M and the SEC are scared of Texas :unsure: - and this information comes from a Texas source and of course that is NEVER anti-A&M :rolleyes:

I am guarded with Chip Brown reports. It's conjecture at best at this point. If his scenario comes to fruition, we will hear about it from sources other than a Longhorn beat writer. I would think there would be some disgruntled Texaa Bowl officials/sponsors who will be upset and talking due to lost revenue.

Do you think losing to UT AGAIN would help the aggies cause?

The report does say that the SEC is against the game NOT the aggies. They are well aware of why UTAM in in their conference.

DO You think that a loss to A&M would help Texas (Strong's) cause?  No - Texas would have a HUGE State wide setback if they lost to A&M - Strong does not need a loss to A&M in his first year.  

At this time either team (1) would benefit greatly from a win and (2) be equally adversely affected by a loss.

I am guarded with Chip Brown reports. It's conjecture at best at this point. If his scenario comes to fruition, we will hear about it from sources other than a Longhorn beat writer. I would think there would be some disgruntled Texaa Bowl officials/sponsors who will be upset and talking due to lost revenue.

I agree.

DO You think that a loss to A&M would help Texas (Strong's) cause?  No - Texas would have a HUGE State wide setback if they lost to A&M - Strong does not need a loss to A&M in his first year.  

At this time either team (1) would benefit greatly from a win and (2) be equally adversely affected by a loss.

UTAM already WTS so what would UT lose? Some more 1 star recruits?

DO You think that a loss to A&M would help Texas (Strong's) cause? No - Texas would have a HUGE State wide setback if they lost to A&M - Strong does not need a loss to A&M in his first year.

A&M does have more to lose IMO. In addition, I would favor UT in that matchup. I know, I know, I'm biased. But although you guys don't know me, I generally don't drink the kool aid and would freely admit this is the first year since we last played that Texas wouldn't be a significant underdog. I read an article this morning about recruiting starting to swing back Texas' way in last several weeks and a loss by A&M could really swing the pendulum. Regardless, we will see what happens and we will likely know why whatever happens. I have a hard time criticizing A&M for such a decision, if Chip is right. After all, I believe the reason we are no longer playing anyway is due to Deloss.

A&M does have more to lose IMO. In addition, I would favor UT in that matchup. I know, I know, I'm biased. But although you guys don't know me, I generally don't drink the kool aid and would freely admit this is the first year since we last played that Texas wouldn't be a significant underdog. I read an article this morning about recruiting starting to swing back Texas' way in last several weeks and a loss by A&M could really swing the pendulum. Regardless, we will see what happens and we will likely know why whatever happens. I have a hard time criticizing A&M for such a decision, if Chip is right. After all, I believe the reason we are no longer playing anyway is due to Deloss.

At this time I really cannot argue that Texas might be the favorite - Texas defense likely makes the difference.  Allen and the offense has had times were he has looked real good - but at others has looked real bad.  However, the A&M defense has looked weak most of the season.    

At this time I really cannot argue that Texas might be the favorite - Texas defense likely makes the difference. Allen and the offense has had times were he has looked real good - but at others has looked real bad. However, the A&M defense has looked weak most of the season.

We seem to be playing at the same time a lot so I only get to see the Aggies during commercials. It looks to me like Allen is improving though - is this accurate in your opinion? In any event, he has a unique skill set few QBs have. And between Kyle and Hill, it's a no brainer to me who I would want leading my team. If Kyler Murray's commitment holds (and I expect it will), things will get interesting in a year or two.

And, btw, the "A&M has more to lose" reference was meant solely for recruiting. Obviously otherwise, any game both teams have the same thing at stake - a win or a loss and bragging rights. This was not meant as a jab at the Ags; it's actually a compliment. Texas almost always has more to lose in this respect any time they play a team they compete with in Texas. A&M, due to its recent recruiting success, would be the exception to the rule.

We seem to be playing at the same time a lot so I only get to see the Aggies during commercials. It looks to me like Allen is improving though - is this accurate in your opinion? In any event, he has a unique skill set few QBs have. And between Kyle and Hill, it's a no brainer to me who I would want leading my team. If Kyler Murray's commitment holds (and I expect it will), things will get interesting in a year or two.

I think Kyle is fine and has a bright future ahead of him. He seems to have earned the respect of the team which is huge for a freshman. Rumors are that Kenny never did.

The play calling has been horrendous though. I don't know if Spav's in over his head or what. He makes a lot of calls that leave you scratching your head. The offense doesn't get in a rhythm and thus the defense is on the field the whole game. A&M is better when their defense is as far away from the field as possible.

I think Kyle is fine and has a bright future ahead of him. He seems to have earned the respect of the team which is huge for a freshman. Rumors are that Kenny never did.

The play calling has been horrendous though. I don't know if Spav's in over his head or what. He makes a lot of calls that leave you scratching your head. The offense doesn't get in a rhythm and thus the defense is on the field the whole game. A&M is better when their defense is as far away from the field as possible.

I haven't seen enough of their games to comment on the offensive play calling. But I know you and some of my Aggie friends have not been thrilled with some of his play calling. I can relate because I often feel the same way (now and many, many times in the past) with our OCs. I would think that with the obvious glaring problems with Snyder's defense, he is benefitting in not being that awful. Couldn't agree more though with keeping that D off the field.

I do agree that Allen has improved and looks to be a good QB for a while to come - But his main issue is the pressure that the O Line is allowing at this time as in many instances he has not time to go through his progressions and scrambling does not appear to be a trait that he has at this time.  The Murray issue is in my opinion a good one for Aggie's - the more talent at a position the more likelihood for success - hope he becomes an Aggie as I loved watching his dad play.