East Chambers vs Little River Academy.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone seen little river academy play? 

I did see them when they played Cameron.  With regards to that game, it was total domination as Cameron won, 47-7.  That unfortunate thing for Academy was they got Cameron at the end of district and not at the beginning...just a totally different Yoe team at this point IMO.  

Academy has some play-makers, but for the most part a solid defense should hold them down.  They have one solid WR and he played a big role in the upset over Rockdale.  

I know very little about EC...last time I saw them was in 2010 when they played Cameron.  How comparable are they to that team?  

I did see them when they played Cameron.  With regards to that game, it was total domination as Cameron won, 47-7.  That unfortunate thing for Academy was they got Cameron at the end of district and not at the beginning...just a totally different Yoe team at this point IMO.  

Academy has some play-makers, but for the most part a solid defense should hold them down.  They have one solid WR and he played a big role in the upset over Rockdale.  

I know very little about EC...last time I saw them was in 2010 when they played Cameron.  How comparable are they to that team?  

I would say this EC team has a little more balance on offense. Maybe not quite as much experience, but a few more play makers. I would hope our defense is a little better than the 2010 team especially since Yoe went up big pretty quick and EC had to battle back late. I did hear a comment from one of our players after that 2010 game, which happens to have been played in Conroe also, that EC was their toughest opponent up until that point.

I had a chance to talk with Darius and he told me it really wasn't a high ankle sprain but some possible ligment damage.  He stated he didn't think it was that serious even though he was in a boot over the last week and he would try to go against Little River Academy.  I would think we wouldn't use him if we didn't have to though.  Lets give him another week to heal.  I would prefer he be at 100% for Teague or Yoe should be get past LRA.  No reason to push something like that.  Slade did a great job carrying the load at tailback in the last game. 

Our running game is looking good right now, what we really need is to get our passing game going again to give us better balance.

Guest ECBucFan

3 of the last 4 games LRA played were wins against 3 quality teams, Rockdale, Lago Vista, and McGregor. They certainly appear to be a team on a roll.

The Bucs will have to "bring it" Saturday!  Go Bucs!

Guest ECBucFan

I would say this EC team has a little more balance on offense. Maybe not quite as much experience, but a few more play makers. I would hope our defense is a little better than the 2010 team especially since Yoe went up big pretty quick and EC had to battle back late. I did hear a comment from one of our players after that 2010 game, which happens to have been played in Conroe also, that EC was their toughest opponent up until that point.

The 2010 EC D did give up some big plays. Especially harmful was the TD pass with just seconds left in the 1st half. 

Hank Jones had a phenomenal game. Hank passed and ran for nearly 300 yards total. Hank was pretty much unstoppable that night. .