Jasper 29 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 13/Final

WOSgrad

I now see why it's hard to win in Jasper. The refs help them out.

Refs called it equal on both sides - no benefit to Jasper. I would like to know why these teams had so many personal fouls - not like it is a heated rivalry; they haven't even played since the mid-90s. 

I don't know what got into Jasper's defense, but I like it. If they can keep it up, knock out the stupid penalties, and the receivers catch the easy passes, they'll win a couple playoff games.

Refs called it equal on both sides - no benefit to Jasper. I would like to know why these teams had so many personal fouls - not like it is a heated rivalry; they haven't even played since the mid-90s.

I don't know what got into Jasper's defense, but I like it. If they can keep it up, knock out the stupid penalties, and the receivers catch the easy passes, they'll win a couple playoff games.

I think LCM had more penalties then Jasper. I'll get the stats when I get home.

I think LCM had more penalties then Jasper. I'll get the stats when I get home.

I don't know which team had more penalties. But, it didn't seem as if either team was being favored by the refs. Whataburger got their money's worth with the number of times their name was called when the flags were thrown. Overall sloppy game by both teams with neither appearing championship worthy tonight.

I wasn't there but do yall think the turning point came near the end of the 1st half when LCM was driving then had the turnover? If they score a TD there its tied or at least 14-13 or even a FG and its 14-9. Plus they end the half on a positive note. just wondering...

i would say that hurt us a lot. But over all our wide receivers did not catch the ball when they were wide open. Our opine did not get the job done, and our defense has to wrap up. To be honest LCM really beat their self. Jasper really stacked the line on defense and played gap football. But i agree with JB94 it was a sloppy game, and we both have Huffman down the road and there putting up a lot of points.

That turnover when you guys were driving to tie the game did hurt you. LCM moved the ball well at times and that swing in momentum would have enabled the Bears to stay committed to the run a little longer, but Jasper (Randy Spikes) took over after that and LCM's offense isn't designed to play from behind. It was a good win for us going into the Huffman game and our defense needed a good game tonight to be able to go to down there next week with some confidence.