Lumberton

LCM and Bc both used some type of colored powder stuff. Lumberton has a very uptight administration and probably has very unhappy employees

Well she has already tried to tell our cheerleaders that they can't go to Disney in February like they do every year for nationals and now the kids got in trouble for having spirit

It probably wouldn't have been a problem if it woulda rained since then. Why don't they give them a couple hoses and let them spray off the stands after school or something. I just feel bad for all the local babies that are suffering from damp bottoms since homecoming night around the area! ;-)

So just like all the other schools in the US Lumberton student section used baby powder at the game Friday and now LHS is in trouble by their principal for it.

The Raiders loved the student section Friday night and was pumped up with them the whole game. It is sad!

next team that plays y'all at home should show up with lots of powder just to piss off the lumberton's principal.

Heard a parent of a BC band member say that the band left at halftime of a recent game because the stands were covered in powder. The band had competition the next day and couldnt risk having the band uniforms discolored. Just a matter of time before its not allowed.....imo.

when they get rid of it they need to get rid of the air horns some schools have.

Talked to my brother, who is a student at Lumberton, and he said they were asked not to do the baby powder again since someone with talcum alergies claimed they were covered in the stuff and had a reaction to it. He said they were told they could do confetti or any other variation, just not the powder since someone could get sick as a result. He said people are blowing it out of proportion.
Guess it makes sense to me. I would think if I had reactions to it I would sit on the other end of the stands but hey, to each his own.

I personally know 2 teachers at Lumberton.. I also know a few active alumin over that way.  From my understanding it is very difficult todeal with the School District. Ive been told they make everything difficult, from extracurricular activities, to simple stuff like the powder issue. But fron what they say this has been going on for years since Lumberton was ranked one of the cleanest towns in Texas. Hate to hear about the whole powder deal..Its kinda funny how things work nowadays. Starting with paryaer and ending with school spirit.. One person gripes, then another, then the power of social media, and bam, your in trouble for throwing baby powder.. I could think of a TON of worse things a high school kid could be doing on a Friday night besides throwing powder at a football game. Hate it for the kids........

Boudreaxs butt paste....baby powder...umm.. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!
Seriously outandup??

the point is, neither is bad for you..... But who wants to clean it all up? And when it's getting all over everyone, and band uniforms and instruments and making stains..... It's time to find an alternate means to show spirit. IMO