Come on guys

Bmt Pride

So here it goes.

I personally know both guys that are involved with the whole ethics violations crap so know that is not targeted directly at them but my god, I'm so tired of hearing about this junk. This forum used to be fun but not anymore. I quit writing on here cuz of all the bs.

Here's my problem with the whole thing. I teach my kid every chance I get to not worry about the things you can not control and to focus on the things you can. You adults keep talking about this stuff on this forum like you are going to accomplish something. Obviously it's not going to do anything. Go to stjfl meetings or something. What's done is done, move on. Last I checked there's only one super bowl champ each year and both the teams involved still have that chance so maybe we should focus on that.

Fact is that both of these teams did something that the league claims they shouldn't have. Funny how both teams found a way to not do it again once the punishment was handed down proving that it could have been avoided.

I know this message won't do anything but it sure would be nice if all could move on, stop bringing up the past and focus on the future "playoffs".

10-4, to that guys.  It's the parents that want the this Superbowl more than their kids I believe!  All this talk about the real Superbowl is when team x and y play blah blah bla...... is getting old. The Superbowl is the weekend of the 9th, and if you win all your games you will be there, and only one team will win the game not two. 

All the kids will try their best win or lose, and don't need to hear their parents/coaches blaming everybody else about what should or could have been.

Good Luck

I agree with what you say bmt and this is all I'm going to say on this. That I didn't realize and I'm sure you didn't either that the winning team when up by 39 should kneel the ball to keep from scoring or tell kids that catch picks to fall down or tell the ref if we score to throw a flag for 12 kids on the field. I know what you are going to say, find kids that can't score. This weekend I called back 1 pick 6, had kids that have never touched the ball or even played football running the ball and having to take slides.

I never said I agree with the rules I just think that us adults should handle this in a productive manor that we would be proud to share with our children. Talking crap over and over and over about disagreements is not something I would care to share with my children. There are positive lessons that can be taught from all situations. This is what I care to focus on.

Well Bmt Pride at least one of the teams still have their head coach.... Can't believe this statement is coming from you.

This statement has nothing to do with Jay and you should know that. I think he and D are two of the greatest youth sports coaches around and I have always supported them. I just don't see how talking about it all on this forum is going to help anything. I don't have an answer on how to handle it but I just don't think this is it

Please tell me bmt pride what positive lesson you learned out of this do I can share it with others?

There's more important things thanks winning youth football games. Yeah we lost yesterday but we scored 5 tds, my son made 4 of 5 field goal attempts and we had a pick 6. Our team may not be a Ned W or Ned B but we have fun, celebrate our accomplishments and work hard to improve on areas we fall short on. This is not to say that other teams don't do the same just making a point.

That's good bmt but I'm not talking about making positives out of a lose. What I'm talking about is the positives on kids having to forfeit a game?

Its not difficult. I have been in your shoes. 2 years ago we had a game taken from us as I'm sure you remember. We moved on afterwards, didn't bring it up to our kids again, worked hard and pretty sure it was you in which we beat in the super bowl. 😉 hence the reason why you would remember. Anyways there's your positive. And I'm sure y'all will be there in a few weeks. Great opportunity to teach your kids how hard work and resilience pays off.

Anything else? Where should I send the bill for my time 😉

Pride - I think you are a great guy and I have a lot of respect for you, but I totally disagree.

This has absolutely nothing to do with winning a youth football game. It is about being accused of cheating and lying and having no recourse. No way to defend yourself or clear your name.

And as far as the comment about finding a way not to do it again - Bmt Sr wasn't doing it in the first place. We are still playing the same way just without our head coach.

And it's about more than having a game taken from you or your coach suspended for 2 years, It's about right and wrong. It's about unequal application of open ended rules and punishments.

I'm sure you'll say otherwise but if you were in this exact situation, you might feel differently. I understand teaching your child about not worrying about things you can't control. And in some cases that's true. But I will always teach my child to fight for what is right and not to be complacent when injustice is taking place. If you don't speak up and you allow untruths to be taken as facts then you are just as bad as the one speaking the lies. All that being said, this isn't being discussed with the team (or my child) and as far as the kids are concerned it is over.

I will be the first to admit if I'm wrong about something. I also know that people are going to believe whatever they want but, I'm gonna call a spade a spade and if that makes people uncomfortable then so be it. This a public forum and anyone can speak their mind.

I get what your saying about going to the meetings and serving on the board. However, think about what happened to the BMT president. Also the people that run the STJFL aren't logical, so applying logic and thinking anyone that disagrees would be heard is a waste of time. However, I for one will be at the next meeting papers in hand.

And while it may be over as far as the STJFL is concerned, it won't be forgotten. I for one have a very long memory and what goes around comes around.

Pride - I think you are a great guy and I have a lot of respect for you, but I totally disagree.

This has absolutely nothing to do with winning a youth football game. It is about being accused of cheating and lying and having no recourse. No way to defend yourself or clear your name.

And as far as the comment about finding a way not to do it again - Bmt Sr wasn't doing it in the first place. We are still playing the same way just without our head coach.

And it's about more than having a game taken from you or your coach suspended for 2 years, It's about right and wrong. It's about unequal application of open ended rules and punishments.

I'm sure you'll say otherwise but if you were in this exact situation, you might feel differently. I understand teaching your child about not worrying about things you can't control. And in some cases that's true. But I will always teach my child to fight for what is right and not to be complacent when injustice is taking place. If you don't speak up and you allow untruths to be taken as facts then you are just as bad as the one speaking the lies. All that being said, this isn't being discussed with the team (or my child) and as far as the kids are concerned it is over.

I will be the first to admit if I'm wrong about something. I also know that people are going to believe whatever they want but, I'm gonna call a spade a spade and if that makes people uncomfortable then so be it. This a public forum and anyone can speak their mind.

I get what your saying about going to the meetings and serving on the board. However, think about what happened to the BMT president. Also the people that run the STJFL aren't logical, so applying logic and thinking anyone that disagrees would be heard is a waste of time. However, I for one will be at the next meeting papers in hand.

And while it may be over as far as the STJFL is concerned, it won't be forgotten. I for one have a very long memory and what goes around comes around.

I agree with most things you said but understand one thing. All I'm saying is that talking about it on here is going to solve anything. That's it.

I could say more but it will just consist of more arguing and that's not what I want. I support Bmt Sr and agree that what happened to them and their coach is bs. And I also support Ned w as I even signed papers saying they didn't intentionally run the score up on us. I just think that both teams could benifit more from some other techniques than talking about it on here