Best ATH in SETX

aTmfan06

Just my 2 cents... There a difference between best athlete and best football player... Anyone that has played knows that its not always about the fastest, biggest, strongest, quickest, player.. You cannot measure, heart, motor, and drive. You also need to gauge talent... Use Tyrone Swoopes for example.. A STUD in high school... A small High School... In college he looks slow and tends to not make quick reads... There is a big difference from 6A to 3A... SO honestly I dont know any of these kids, I would think the best talent in out district is Seay. I would think he will be more of a safety in college. He has the motor and drive.... Ive always wondered this.. There is a ton of kids who I think are good Football athletes that go unnoticed... Take WOS, Nederland, PNG, Central, Dayton, Ozen, etc... How many of these kids get offers to Lamar?

Its between Arnold, dt , king for me. Most teams are scared to kick their way and have to figure a gm plan to try contain them in football. In basketball Arnold, dt are beast and king doesnt score as much as them two but is defensive guy HF lean on to try contain opponents best person and seldomly sits on bench for hf .. Im looking for king to be a big score in bball this yr for HF. And on track field Arnold, dt, king are all speedsters.

Just my 2 cents... There a difference between best athlete and best football player... Anyone that has played knows that its not always about the fastest, biggest, strongest, quickest, player.. You cannot measure, heart, motor, and drive. You also need to gauge talent... Use Tyrone Swoopes for example.. A STUD in high school... A small High School... In college he looks slow and tends to not make quick reads... There is a big difference from 6A to 3A... SO honestly I dont know any of these kids, I would think the best talent in out district is Seay. I would think he will be more of a safety in college. He has the motor and drive.... Ive always wondered this.. There is a ton of kids who I think are good Football athletes that go unnoticed... Take WOS, Nederland, PNG, Central, Dayton, Ozen, etc... How many of these kids get offers to Lamar?

Couron and Carr are there now, and getting some playing time. Its just such a jump from 4/5A football to even 1A ball that success doesn't always translate as directly as we would think. Carr abd Couron were unbkockable in high school, they have success, its just such a different level of overall talent, but I understand what you are saying.

I agree! With the amount of talent this area has, Lamar should be a top program year in and out. Seems like they dont want the local kids.