Best Rivalries???

Guest JoesBros

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bulldogbark

ever wonder why some teams get hit up every year as someones home coming challenger?

You may have a problem joke:

If your are a team with a 9 game schedule and you are the homecoming challenger for 8 of those games, your team may have a problem :shock: :D

• 1 year later...
Guest 87CRU79

Easily, PNG and Nederland. Bedsides that span where Nederland was getting tomahawked by PNG (pun intended), the rivalry has been back and forth. Neumann has had Burnett's number during his tenure at Nederland, but  ol Matt has managed to pull a few out. Plus, these 2 teams have always kept it interseting the entire game.

Nederland and WOS used to be pretty steamy in the 90s and early 2000's, but any other year Hooks owned Nederland.

Let's hear it! Best Rivalries in SE Texas?

i'd have to say dayton vs. crosby,  more like the love between the cowboys and redskins.  lol  ;D

does not even come close to PN-G vs Nederland...

Trust me...

Unless you have been involved in the PN-G vs Nederland game you just don't understand how intense that week is.  No other rival comes close to the fan level, intensity of play, and the just the overall atmosphere of what makes Friday Night Lights something that Texas can be proud of doing the best.

Another way to ask this question....

If you had someone from over seas come in for a visit and want to see what Friday Night Lights is all about, what game would you take them to....

If you can get tickets, the PN-G vs Nederland game is tops.

As for my Dayton (my other favorite purple and white team)....

Dayton vs Crosby is the top game for the Broncos, unfortunately the cougars can't make a game out of it...

Ever since I moved to Dayton in 1992 I have so wanted for the Broncos to line up against the Hill....

IMO....

The most anticipated game of the season for Dayton will be versus Barbers Hill...

With so many kids living next to each other in the southern part of Dayton ISD, if this game continues for many years, it could evolve into the biggest rival between Houston and Beaumont.

Guest whoabroncos09

crosby vs dayton.

i dont think anybody in dayton or crosby miss that game.

the game is awesome.

crosby cant keep up with us.

Some old rivalries from a days gone by that I miss:

Hebert / South Park

BCP / French

LCM / Bridge City

I am not sure about BCP and French. BCP was only a school for about 10 years. I'm not sure how you develop a big rivalry when you barely existed.

Before that however, the two schools that combined to make BCP (Beaumont High School and Charlton Pollard High School) had very big rivalries.

Beaumont High Royal Purples and South Park High Greenies were huge rivalries as well as Hebert High Panthers and Charlton-Pollard High Bulldogs.

Let's hear it! Best Rivalries in SE Texas?

i'd have to say dayton vs. crosby,  more like the love between the cowboys and redskins.  lol  ;D

As for my Dayton (my other favorite purple and white team)....

Dayton vs Crosby is the top game for the Broncos, unfortunately the cougars can't make a game out of it...

Ever since I moved to Dayton in 1992 I have so wanted for the Broncos to line up against the Hill....

IMO....

The most anticipated game of the season for Dayton will be versus Barbers Hill...

With so many kids living next to each other in the southern part of Dayton ISD, if this game continues for many years, it could evolve into the biggest rival between Houston and Beaumont.

this could be a big rivalry BH was going for dayton in the playoffs this year but when it comes to playing each other its will get to the level of wantin to rip someones head off and kick a pat with it

Baytown Sterling/Baytown Lee....been one sided for a while now (unfortunately) but thats a game that can sell out Stallworth a lot of years...anytime over 16 thousand people gather to watch a highschool football game something is up...dunno how it will be affected by the new school opening up, if Sterling ever gets good enough to challenge Lee I don't think it will matter though, them 2 schools absolutely hate each other or at least they did when I was at Sterling....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    napeba
    Newest Member
    napeba