Best Rivalries???

Guest JoesBros

ya lhs..i would think that liberty-bh is one of the best rivalries while it lasted...

o, and even liberty-huffman...(even though huffman never beat us)...the games were always close...always

i think Liberty and Bridge City is turning into a rivalry

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard for me to beleive that anyone in this area can top the tradition of MCM not to mention the 84 meetings between the two teams. I know that there are other games in this are that are awsome but I beleive that Nederland-Port Neches-Groves is the best in this area and top 5 in the state maybe even top 3 in the state depends on who you talk to.

The one that gets the most hype by the media is Mid County Madness.

That's cause the people who work in the media are Mid-County alumni.  I think its depends on where you from.  I'm from Beaumont so I would believe that the Beaumont bowls are the best rivalries.  Where as a person from Orange would believe WOS has the best rivalries.

I'm fom Newton and I think Mid County Madness is by far the best SETX rivalry.

I guess it really comes down to what "best" means to you.  Is it the biggest rivalry in the area?  The one you personally enjoy the most? The longest running? etc..

True. But I think the hype is deserved. The players of those schools bleed Purple and Black and Yellow. They dream of playing in that game when their 6 years old. Their is so much tradition in the Midcounty madness game that it deserves the hype.

You don't think the kids from Beaumont dream of playing for the Bruin, Panthers, or Jags?  Or that the kids from Orange don't bleed Mustang silver and blue?

ya, I think that Liberty BC could be a rivalry..Liberty has had a loss every other year since about 02 03..

Liberty vs. BC Rival

2000 Liberty 27-7

2001 BC 30-16.. Bi District BC 34-14

2002 BC 30-8

2003 Liberty 31-29

2004 BC 23-21

2005 BC 28-0

2006 BC 24-20

2007 Liberty 28-25

Liberty vs BH Rival

1994 Liberty 27-6

1995 BH 18-14

1996 Liberty 53-21

1997 BH 42-24

1998 Liberty 38-30

1999 BH 49-29

2000 BH 30-10

2001 BH 40-14

2002 BH 34-14

2003 Liberty 15-7

2004 Liberty 34-27 OT

2005 BH 35-19

Liberty vs. Cleveland Rival

2002 Liberty 21-7

2003 Liberty 27-7

2004 Cleveland 26-14

2005 Cleveland 27-13

2006 Liberty 41-20

2007 Cleveland 20-14

• 2 weeks later...

Just my opinion, but there are so many facets to the PNG vs. Nederland rivalry that make it the best rivalry.  It's the two towns divided by the railroad track.  It's families made up of alumni from both schools.  It's schools filled with teachers who graduated from one district and now teach for the other, but who's blood stays true to their alma matter. We're related, we go to church together, we start the rivalry early in junior league football, baseball and basketball.  Both districts are places where on any given Friday you can witness a sea of school colors on all the school campuses. Not to mention all the hype we build the week of MCM.  I've been known to "decorate" someones house in purple in white only to find my own home "decorated" in black and gold.  It's knowing the players, cheerleaders, mascots, band members and drill team members on both sides.  We're friends until the game starts and friends once again when it ends.  It's a game where nothing is held back and both teams strive to be victorious.  Then when the scoreboard ticks off the final second and the teams go out to shake hands, it's not only handshakes, but hugs and being thrilled to be the winner, yet consoling an opposing team player who is a very close friend.  It's our off field relationships that make MCM the best rivalry around!

• 3 weeks later...

Just my opinion, but there are so many facets to the PNG vs. Nederland rivalry that make it the best rivalry.  It's the two towns divided by the railroad track.  It's families made up of alumni from both schools.  It's schools filled with teachers who graduated from one district and now teach for the other, but who's blood stays true to their alma matter. We're related, we go to church together, we start the rivalry early in junior league football, baseball and basketball.  Both districts are places where on any given Friday you can witness a sea of school colors on all the school campuses. Not to mention all the hype we build the week of MCM.  I've been known to "decorate" someones house in purple in white only to find my own home "decorated" in black and gold.  It's knowing the players, cheerleaders, mascots, band members and drill team members on both sides.  We're friends until the game starts and friends once again when it ends.  It's a game where nothing is held back and both teams strive to be victorious.  Then when the scoreboard ticks off the final second and the teams go out to shake hands, it's not only handshakes, but hugs and being thrilled to be the winner, yet consoling an opposing team player who is a very close friend.  It's our off field relationships that make MCM the best rivalry around!

couldn't have been said any better

The one that gets the most hype by the media is Mid County Madness.

That's cause the people who work in the media are Mid-County alumni.  I think its depends on where you from.  I'm from Beaumont so I would believe that the Beaumont bowls are the best rivalries.  Where as a person from Orange would believe WOS has the best rivalries.

I grew up in Beaumont and played for WB, and as a child I wanted to be a Bruin, BUT you haven't seen anything until you live in MC and see what goes on here. I'm telling you I have two kids in the district with a third to start in a couple of years. Learning the school fight song in Kindergarten, the school spirit in PNG and Nederland can't be touched by any school in this area. You don't see any matching it until you get to Katy on the other side of Houston. Been here nine years and I'm staying, I've been turned into an Indian.

WOS - Jasper

Nederland - PNG

Silsbee - Jasper

Ozen - Central

PNG - Dayton

Kelly vs. Christus Sisters of Charity

Dayton and PNG? WHAT?!?!?! Are y'all serious?! BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Funny how cocky dayton has gotten with only two years of sucess.  Especially when the MC teams were the ones booting them out of them playoffs in the previous years.

WOS - Jasper

Nederland - PNG

Silsbee - Jasper

Ozen - Central

PNG - Dayton

Funny how cocky dayton has gotten with only two years of sucess.  Especially when the MC teams were the ones booting them out of them playoffs in the previous years.

Those who forget their past are destined to repeat it... ;) ;) ;)

No doubt im still a youngster, but i have been around football for a little while now and i have to say that my fav. rival game has been Jasper vs Newton, the atmosphere is just estatic. These two teams make for some class A football, too bad that we cant play them, tensions build outside of the game, just a shame

WOS - Jasper

Nederland - PNG

Silsbee - Jasper

Ozen - Central

PNG - Dayton

2 years of success how about 12 years in a row in the playoffs.  How many years in a row for ned.  that would be 0.  98, 2002 and 2003 dayton would have  crushed nederland.  Just like in 2006 and 2007.  We ran the qb sneak starting in the 3rd quarter this year. 

Last 10 years Dayton 87-34 reg. season.  12-10 playoffs. 7 district titles

Last 10 years Ned.  86-36 reg. season. 15-9 playoffs. 1 district title

Dayton 3 and 4 against Ned. last 10 years

Last 2 years Dayton 13-1 against yalls district. 1 outright district title and 1 shared

521 points scored for a 37.2 average

77 points allowed for a 5.5 average

2 years of success how about 12 years in a row in the playoffs.  How many years in a row for ned.  that would be 0.  98, 2002 and 2003 dayton would have  crushed nederland.  Just like in 2006 and 2007.  We ran the qb sneak starting in the 3rd quarter this year. 

Last 2 years Dayton 13-1 against yalls district. 1 outright district title and 1 shared

of your last 12 times in the playoffs you went out in the bi-district round 5 times, 5 times by the hand of a 20-4a team.  2 of those 5 were by Ned. You have actually been to the third round or past 3 times, never past the semis. 0 state titles. 17-19 playoff record.  You made good use of all those district titles.

of your last 12 times in the playoffs you went out in the bi-district round 5 times, 5 times by the hand of a 20-4a team.  2 of those 5 were by Ned. You have actually been to the third round or past 3 times, never past the semis. 0 state titles. 17-19 playoff record.  You made good use of all those district titles.

You know it is great to live in the past.  Heck we used to get gasoline for 50 cents a gallon.  What have yall done lately.  I know got outscored 98 to 7 the last 2 years.  Who did yall play in the playoffs last year.  Yourself, the only thing that will save yall this year is that we will go small school and if yall are lucky enough to make the playoffs yall will go big school.

You brought up the previous 10-12 years.  Sorry you didn't like what else it brought up.  The fact is, you haven't beat a 20-4a team in the last 5 meetings in the playoffs.  If you make it past the first round, you probably won't make it past Lamarque.

You are right but the fact of the matter is that in the last 2 years we have beaten 20 4A 13 times and lost once.  Maybe we will get to meet in the playoffs and you will not have to rely on LaMarque and yall can improve 63 points and we can tie.  If we meet it will be settled on the field, enough said.  Let the best team win.

• 5 weeks later...

You are right but the fact of the matter is that in the last 2 years we have beaten 20 4A 13 times and lost once.  Maybe we will get to meet in the playoffs and you will not have to rely on LaMarque and yall can improve 63 points and we can tie.  If we meet it will be settled on the field, enough said.  Let the best team win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder