Vidor 27 Baytown Lee 14/Final

WOSgrad

I have just one question. How do you throw a flag, wave it off, consult with the opposing coach, then mark off for the flag? Never seen anything like that before.

The fumble in the end zone covered by Lee for a touchback on a QB dive, is another head scratcher.

Please explain further Im a little curious about what happened on the fumble into the endzone.

Please explain further Im a little curious about what happened on the fumble into the endzone.

First of all we scored the play before. The RB was called down at the 1/2 yard line. I have the picture that shows the ball three yards in the end zone bfforf his knees are down. I just don't know how to get it on here. Next play we run the QB sneak. Ball was not fumbled on the snap or anything. QB goes into the pilesnd is laying across the goal line. Refs come together and claim the ball was fumbled in the end zone, recovered by Lee for a touchback. That was the start of the questionable calls.

The craziest was the false start on 4th and 1. Vidor has the ball around there own 45. They decide to go for it. They break the huddle and line
up. They don't set, the QB pulls out from Center, the back ref plows is whistle to start the clock, which should have been done when the ball was set. The left guard stands up as a reaction to the whistle while the QB is not under center. Side ref throws a flag. All the refs come together, then announce to the crowd, no foul due to the inadvertent whistle. Lee coach goes wild and starts ranting. Refs come together again. Break up and talk to Lee coach again. Then the ref and side judge who threw the flag talk for about 3 minutes. The ref then signals false start and backs Vidor up 5 yards. Never seen anything like that before.

Congrats on the win. But it did someone concerned me that you struggled against the weakest team in the district.

Not an excuse. Refs took 2 touchdowns off the board on bogus calls. A fumble in the end zone after the ball crosses the goal line on a QB sneak. And a holding call, flag was thrown at the line when the ball carrier was 30 yards down field.