Can I get some clarity on this Bmt business?

SmashMouth

A complaint was filed saying that a 5th grade 77lb wr playing up against 11 & some 12yr old 6th graders for Bmt was ineligible (says Lumberton) to run the ball once after the 28pt Mercy Rule was in effect. He ran the ball when the score was 38-6. This particular play has called for a 2 year suspension for the H/C and the rest of the season suspension for the defensive coordinator if found guilty. Remind you, Bryce Anderson and Chandler Rivers has 2yrs of eligibility left to play in the this league and Will continue to play regardless of the outcome. Anyways, Parents of the the 2 position coaches are Anderson and Rivers. This is what the big fuss is all about. Lumberton claims he was ineligible to run the ball and Bmt is claiming that he was eligible to run the ball.

I have looked everywhere I could within the STJFL rules/ by-laws and cannot find anything stating you must remove a WR once the Mercy Rule is in effect. So where is the violation? I also wonder how you come up with   disciplinary action  on a  coach without having a policy that is in black-n-white for all to see. The only thing within the by-laws are  about coaches who will face disciplinary action if they  are ejected from a game.

Mercy Rule - Score - If the score reaches a point difference of 28 points the team in the lead must remove the entire starting backfield (quarterback, and all starting running backs) until the margin becomes less than 28 points. Also, when the score is 28 or more, the team that is behind has an option to receive a kickoff or forego the kick and take the ball on their own 40 yard line. The STJFL board shall review a coach failing to adhere to this policy within (6) calendar days of the incident. If a coach is found in violation of the above rule, they will subject to disciplinary action determined by the STJFL board up to and including suspension, forfeiture or both.

The WR issue is addressed in every mandatory coaches meeting.  As it was this season.  In fact i believe this same Group of coaches are the reason it has been addressed the past few season.  The Mercy rule is a rule for a reason.  These caoches have Continuously used loop holes such as starting the MPR kids for a play or two making them the Now Starters of the game or putting their better runners as receivers to start a game.  Its only a way around the rule that they make clear every coaches meeting that will not be tolerated.  

In other words, Play kids that are not legitimate threats to score every time they touch the ball because the game in currently out of hand and lopsided.  Its simple and well understood by everyone in the league.  Now if a true second stringer scores or the opposing team throws a pick 6 then things are different and should be viewed as a different situation.  But when you consciously put in a starter "WR" or higher end player after previously breaking rules of this same caliber, I say see ya good bye who cares.  And don't give us this junk about He was an assistant when the other violations were handed down.  Who cares, You know the rules and were apart of the other suspensions Everyone knows why the league has put the mercy rule in place.    

The WR issue is addressed in every mandatory coaches meeting. As it was this season. In fact i believe this same Group of coaches are the reason it has been addressed the past few season. The Mercy rule is a rule for a reason. These caoches have Continuously used loop holes such as starting the MPR kids for a play or two making them the Now Starters of the game or putting their better runners as receivers to start a game. Its only a way around the rule that they make clear every coaches meeting that will not be tolerated.

In other words, Play kids that are not legitimate threats to score every time they touch the ball because the game in currently out of hand and lopsided. Its simple and well understood by everyone in the league. Now if a true second stringer scores or the opposing team throws a pick 6 then things are different and should be viewed as a different situation. But when you consciously put in a starter "WR" or higher end player after previously breaking rules of this same caliber, I say see ya good bye who cares. And don't give us this junk about He was an assistant when the other violations were handed down. Who cares, You know the rules and were apart of the other suspensions Everyone knows why the league has put the mercy rule in place.

Great points but I have 1 question for you guys to answer. Who has been Png W 2nd best player on the field for the last 5yrs?? Once you tell us his name I want you to ask yourself is he a legitimate threat to score on every play after the 28pt rule is in effect. Be honest? I'll give you a hint, he's the coaches kid.

All I will tell you lace, it doesn't matter if it is second string or mpr player.  If the score is greater than 40.  There will be consequences.  Your only option is to intentionally try not to score.  I do agree that it is not right to try and start someone else only to bring in your better player latter on to circumvent the rules.  I do not know what really happened in this situation so can't speak to that.  I do know that the rules are interpreted to say if score has a margin greater than 40, try NOT to score. 

All I will tell you lace, it doesn't matter if it is second string or mpr player. If the score is greater than 40. There will be consequences. Your only option is to intentionally try not to score. I do agree that it is not right to try and start someone else only to bring in your better player latter on to circumvent the rules. I do not know what really happened in this situation so can't speak to that. I do know that the rules are interpreted to say if score has a margin greater than 40, try NOT to score.

The player who started at wr has been starting at wr all year long and plays wr 95% of the game. He comes into the backfield for a few plays a game after the starters have been removed. This particular game he ran the ball 1 time off tackle when the score was 38-6 and still under the 40pt new rule. Same thing he's been doing all year. What makes this game any different? Ask their 1st 3 opponent where he plays at. They'll tell you or the film will tell you. He didn't line up at wr for 1 play then played rb for the rest of the game like your assuming or have everyone else believing. He played rb for 1 play the whole entire game. 1 play & 1 carry! But remember Lum didn't file a complaint for bmt running up the score, they complaint is that this kid was ineligible to be in the backfield for that 1 play. Let's not get off the real reason this is going on

Great points but I have 1 question for you guys to answer. Who has been Png W 2nd best player on the field for the last 5yrs?? Once you tell us his name I want you to ask yourself is he a legitimate threat to score on every play after the 28pt rule is in effect. Be honest? I'll give you a hint, he's the coaches kid.

I can't combat that point.  Well said.  I hate to have PN W brought up because they seem to be very conscious of controlling the score on weaker teams.  

But for the purpose of the your game in question I see where you are coming from on this issue.    

I hear you Bugatti!  Like I said, I have no clue what happened.  All I know is if you win by margin of greater than 40, it doesn't matter if it was an mpr player who ran the ball up the middle and scored or whatever.  There was an STJFL rep at a game I witnessed (wasn't a Nederland rep) state, you better tell them to run out of bounds or whatever you have to do to not score.  I just don't think that is what the rule was created for.  I don't think it is enforced properly etc.... I think the true purpose of the rules is for a coach to not MALICIOUSLY attempt to try and run the score up.  I don't think you or your coaches ever do that.  I don't think the Nederland coaches did that.

I personally think if your 2nd, 3rd, string is in after the mercy rule in affect and they score, there should not be a punishment.  Let those kids run a normal play and not have to try not to score.

The player who started at wr has been starting at wr all year long and plays wr 95% of the game. He comes into the backfield for a few plays a game after the starters have been removed. This particular game he ran the ball 1 time off tackle when the score was 38-6 and still under the 40pt new rule. Same thing he's been doing all year. What makes this game any different?

Bugatti its all going to work itself out, the man upstairs dont sleep. we all know its personal between the Lumberton president and the BMT coaches. matter of fact the Lumberton Sr coaches didnt file the complaint the president did while he was on the phone with BMT president before the game was even over!!! Our kids play Lumberton High the next two weeks, OZEN/CENTRAL, so lets see if the lumberton school board will file a complaint on them for not starting a premire player in the game in order to run up the score.LOL

I hear you Bugatti!  Like I said, I have no clue what happened.  All I know is if you win by margin of greater than 40, it doesn't matter if it was an mpr player who ran the ball up the middle and scored or whatever.  There was an STJFL rep at a game I witnessed (wasn't a Nederland rep) state, you better tell them to run out of bounds or whatever you have to do to not score.  I just don't think that is what the rule was created for.  I don't think it is enforced properly etc.... I think the true purpose of the rules is for a coach to not MALICIOUSLY attempt to try and run the score up.  I don't think you or your coaches ever do that.  I don't think the Nederland coaches did that.

I personally think if your 2nd, 3rd, string is in after the mercy rule in affect and they score, there should not be a punishment.  Let those kids run a normal play and not have to try not to score.

The true interpertation of the 40 pt review is, if a defensive score takes it over 40 it is not suppose to be reviewed. I was at that meeting!!!!

I can't combat that point. Well said. I hate to have PN W brought up because they seem to be very conscious of controlling the score on weaker teams.

But for the purpose of the your game in question I see where you are coming from on this issue.

They won 39-0. Bmt was up by 38 with 5mins left in the 3rd. The game was well under control. The last 5mins of the game Lum begin to throw up jump balls on every play their last 2 possessions against Bmt's 3rd string defense. The 1st int with a few mins to go got ran back for a td..And the kid who intercepted it is a 5th grade offensive lineman. The very next possession Lum surprisingly throws it on every play again and the kid got down and Bmt ran out the clock to end the game by taking a knee with 3mins to go

And he goes in at Qb but the league has never questioned or punished them for scoring with your 2nd best player on the field at qb for the last 5yrs. So what if they've kept it under 40 for his yr. He still plays Qb and touched the ball after the mercy rule. Rivers is a 5th grader that's weighs 30lb less then their 2nd best player on the filed which is a 6th grader. He throws touchdowns, or run in for Td's after the mercy rule is in effect. So why don't you question them. He's a threat. Matter of fact he's been a top 5 player in his age group since flag and still is today. Count how many scores he has after the 28 mercy rule is in effect. He threw 2 Td's last yr vs Olexa's team which lost 56-7 and nothing was never said or asked why their 2nd best player was still in the game putting up numbers

And he goes in at Qb but the league has never questioned or punished them for scoring with your 2nd best player on the field at qb for the last 5yrs. So what if they've kept it under 40 for his yr. He still plays Qb and touched the ball after the mercy rule. Rivers is a 5th grader that's weighs 30lb less then their 2nd best player on the filed which is a 6th grader. He throws touchdowns, or run in for Td's after the mercy rule is in effect. So why don't you question them. He's a threat. Matter of fact he's been a top 5 player in his age group since flag and still is today. Count how many scores he has after the 28 mercy rule is in effect. He threw 2 Td's last yr vs Olexa's team which lost 56-7 and nothing was never said or asked why their 2nd best player was still in the game putting up numbers

Nothing against Png. They're great. But if Bmt pulls that stunt all hell break loose and the rules get changed at the next meeting

You can kick the coaches out of the league from Bmt. You're still gonna have the same problem as you had yesterday, today, and tomorrow and that's stopping Bryce Anderson and Chandler Rivers. They're not going anywhere. The results you see on Saturdays starts at home in the backyard and all summer on the track while you're playing Playstation.

You can kick the coaches out of the league from Bmt. You're still gonna have the same problem as you had yesterday, today, and tomorrow and that's stopping Bryce Anderson and Chandler Rivers. They're not going anywhere. The results you see on Saturdays starts at home in the backyard and all summer on the track while you're playing Playstation.

No Bugatti, it's Xbox our kids are playing video games while yours is training. We get it man.. Don't just assume everyone's kid is lazy and that's why yours is good at football. I'm sure your boy puts in the work but other people's kids work hard too. It's just that some kids like to play basketball and baseball. We practice and train year round, it's just always a different sport, depending on the time of year. Don't get too full of yourself there buddy, enjoy your little league football glory.

All this crap y'all grip abt on here might be the reason for the suspension and the Guidry kid goes in to hand it off to linemen and kids that can't score even if they break it nothing y'all say is helping your cause . Lawyer up ruin the league and get on with your show I'm sick of reading y'all's crap! It's rediculous !

Sh.....