West brook vs North Shore predictions

BrookAlumni

Obviously you don't know the student population at Sterling. It's less than half of North Shore.

Well lets just blame population for the lack of success at west brook! Seems over the years west brook has been in the playoffs say somewhere around 17 years? Not until the new AD stepped in was this ever an issue! West brook has enough talent to continue its tradition and run to the playoffs, I do agree there are bigger populated schools but thats not in question on this board! bruin tradition is being lost! This will be 3 years in a row we may not make the playoffs. I dont care what the popluation is, there is plenty of talent for the coachs to win with! I am convinced from what ive seen since the AD arrived, he is in over his head as well as not being able to relate to the kids at all! Blame it on what you want and what whatever excuse you want if no playoffs this year with a team full of talent then believe me more bruins will begin to start the process in removing the problem. Many qualified coachs I know in this town can do a better job and would not mind the 96,000 salary to do so!! Its Playoffs or time to coach somewhere else!

Well lets just blame population for the lack of success at west brook! Seems over the years west brook has been in the playoffs say somewhere around 17 years? Not until the new AD stepped in was this ever an issue! West brook has enough talent to continue its tradition and run to the playoffs, I do agree there are bigger populated schools but thats not in question on this board! bruin tradition is being lost! This will be 3 years in a row we may not make the playoffs. I dont care what the popluation is, there is plenty of talent for the coachs to win with! I am convinced from what ive seen since the AD arrived, he is in over his head as well as not being able to relate to the kids at all! Blame it on what you want and what whatever excuse you want if no playoffs this year with a team full of talent then believe me more bruins will begin to start the process in removing the problem. Many qualified coachs I know in this town can do a better job and would not mind the 96,000 salary to do so!! Its Playoffs or time to coach somewhere else!

Did Westbrook lose half of their students a few years ago?  I can't remember.

WestBrook got 3 offensive snaps vs KT in the 1st quarter. Taylor has a new coach, new system, they went from the spread last season to more of a power run game this season so they are still learning and WB was unable to get their offense off the field for awhile. North Shore is 10x more advanced in the running department than Taylor is and way more athletic. North Shore has a bitter taste in their mouths and I expect them to run away with this one.

Here's the deal on numbers.  Some schools have right at the bare minimum(Cedar Hill) some schools have to grease their kids up to get them in the building(Allen) and some have nice ADM's(SLC's and Euless Trinity's) but there's a whole lot of junk out there with 4K plus ADMs and no wins to show for it.  You can only play 22 at a time and some places---espcially in these times, numbers aren't the end all be all to success at any sport.  Sometimes, your ADM is 4K and you have 2K of fecal matter to choose.....

I haven't posted on here for a while but after watching NS play their first 4 games I am here to let you know that BWB has a very good chance of winning this game. If you have watched NS over the years; you would think that they are ground and pound. Well that is not the case anymore at least not this year. They are averaging 26 passes a game and are running 70 to 75 plays a game so buckle up cause the play clock will never be used offensively. Fun football if you like a fast pace offense. They are pedal to the metal. So, if BWB is a just a little out of shape; it is going to be a long night.... Now as for the NS defense; it is not even close to what it has been over the years. It can be had. They have given up an average of 420 yards a game so the big question is can WB out score NS??????

Here's the deal on numbers.  Some schools have right at the bare minimum(Cedar Hill) some schools have to grease their kids up to get them in the building(Allen) and some have nice ADM's(SLC's and Euless Trinity's) but there's a whole lot of junk out there with 4K plus ADMs and no wins to show for it.  You can only play 22 at a time and some places---espcially in these times, numbers aren't the end all be all to success at any sport.  Sometimes, your ADM is 4K and you have 2K of fecal matter to choose.....

I agree. Heck ppl transferring their kids to Allen just to be in the band.

I haven't posted on here for a while but after watching NS play their first 4 games I am here to let you know that BWB has a very good chance of winning this game. If you have watched NS over the years; you would think that they are ground and pound. Well that is not the case anymore at least not this year. They are averaging 26 passes a game and are running 70 to 75 plays a game so buckle up cause the play clock will never be used offensively. Fun football if you like a fast pace offense. They are pedal to the metal. So, if BWB is a just a little out of shape; it is going to be a long night.... Now as for the NS defense; it is not even close to what it has been over the years. It can be had. They have given up an average of 420 yards a game so the big question is can WB out score NS??????

It's all about participation numbers. Dallas Skyline has 4000+ kids yet they suited up 38 players vs Cedar Hill. Dont let the numbers at North Shore fool you. It's more "futbol" participation than "football" participation. Schools with larger enrollments usually do good across the board in all sports, not just one...like The Woodlands..Baseball, Volleyball, golf, Football...etc...they are all contenders.

It's all about participation numbers. Dallas Skyline has 4000+ kids yet they suited up 38 players vs Cedar Hill. Dont let the numbers at North Shore fool you. It's more "futbol" participation than "football" participation. Schools with larger enrollments usually do good across the board in all sports, not just one...like The Woodlands..Baseball, Volleyball, golf, Football...etc...they are all contenders.

yessir! Totally agree!

NS is not as talented as they have been in the past especially on the defensive side. They are small by NS standards and have given up more yards this year than they did the first 9 games last year. I have only heard about the WB offense in which they have a very good WR but how is the rest of the offense? QB is pretty good. Do they run a spread? Are they ground and pound? Have they shown growth through the first 4 games?

Believe it or not the NS offense and not the NS D is our staple. They are pedal to the metal. Our QB is becoming a very good all around QB and has gained a lot of muscle so when he does run; he is a load.... Good luck tomorrow. Hope to see a good game. 

NS is not as talented as they have been in the past especially on the defensive side. They are small by NS standards and have given up more yards this year than they did the first 9 games last year. I have only heard about the WB offense in which they have a very good WR but how is the rest of the offense? QB is pretty good. Do they run a spread? Are they ground and pound? Have they shown growth through the first 4 games?

Believe it or not the NS offense and not the NS D is our staple. They are pedal to the metal. Our QB is becoming a very good all around QB and has gained a lot of muscle so when he does run; he is a load.... Good luck tomorrow. Hope to see a good game. 

will they EVER get that snapping the ball issue fixed? wow

Exactly.  That's why Aldine ISD has fallen off.  More Goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll players that football players lol

will they EVER get that snapping the ball issue fixed? wow

I would hope so. You would think that they would have the center and QB work on it while the defense is on the field but NOOOO, they would rather just break any kind of momentum and just kill a drive because of it. The center to place kicker snap is even worse. Cost us against ET. Gave us a chance to tie the game in the 4th quarter. But instead made the score 22 to 21. Big difference when you are playing a high quality team when points are hard to come by. 

Game was closer than I thought...head scratcher for sure. The Houston area is a mystery right now. North Shore gets beat easily by Manvel and Westfield, yet should've beaten DFW power Trinity...then comes back and has a close game with WestBrook....who lost to Taylor....who lost 50-7 to Katy...and Channelview....WOW.....are they for real?