Oct. 31, 2014 vs WOS.... Who you got???

bedelmon

I know everyone gets on here to talk a little smack my self included..its all in fun..I mean really what would this board be without a little smack talk? Very boring..I do believe HJ is not looking past OF.coach is not going ro let that happen..OF seems to be a good football team this year..and I do believe the WOS-HJ game will be the game of the year just due to all the hype..good luck to all teams this year and may everyone go injury free

You are right on the money on the tradition WOS football tradition FAR exceeds HJ's. Truth of the matter is HJ has no face to lose with a loss to WOS but if the shoe gets on the other foot look out. 

Would the Newton/WOS thread went 22 pages if WOS would have won? Not even close, now if HJ comes out and some how overcomes "tradition" and wins this game SETX may have to get more bandwidth to handle the thread...

Truth of the matter is it will be Halloween and I think we will come dressed as an Underdog.

Sorry, I disagree. You may be taking one game at a time, but should you lose to WOS all that preparation that your team has been looking and training so hard since two a days goes right out the window. Suddenly, you know that  you CAN be beat. All that confidence then starts to be eroded with questions like how good are we really. The same would go for WOS. Big game, big stakes. Loser won't be the same team. Win or lose better get the bandwidth now, because either way the other teams fans are going to be down and dirty on this board.

You are right on the money on the tradition WOS football tradition FAR exceeds HJ's. Truth of the matter is HJ has no face to lose with a loss to WOS but if the shoe gets on the other foot look out. 

Would the Newton/WOS thread went 22 pages if WOS would have won? Not even close, now if HJ comes out and some how overcomes "tradition" and wins this game SETX may have to get more bandwidth to handle the thread...

Truth of the matter is it will be Halloween and I think we will come dressed as an Underdog.

You haven't seen the rankings? Hooterville is ahead of little ole, poor, slow, wideouts can't catch, backs can't run, line can't block, qb can't throw, unathletic, WOS. hj clearly the favorites here. Ya'll should be dressed as Superman. I think we will bring the kryptonite. 

I have never thought that our team (HJ) could not be beaten, in fact I posted a few weeks back that I don't make predictions because we are dealing with teenagers and that alone opens the door for anything. 

We go into WOS as an underdog and we get that. If WOS beats us so be it wont be the first and probably wont be the last. WOS is a football power house plain and simple have been since I can remember, but things turn and tides change look at the many football teams that are not the power house they used to be. You can not tell me that WOS is having a typical season because a typical season is undefeated. 

HJ is enjoying the success at the moment we had a great season, and our future looks bright, we have some solid up and coming under class man ( our 8th grade team that is now freshman defeated WOS last year first time that has happened since I can remember). 

as far as your statement "Losers won't be the same team" we handled it fine last year let's see how you handle it this year because rather you like it or not you have slipped 2 games into that "Losers" category already this year.

You haven't seen the rankings? Hooterville is ahead of little ole, poor, slow, wideouts can't catch, backs can't run, line can't block, qb can't throw, unathletic, WOS. hj clearly the favorites here. Ya'll should be dressed as Superman. I think we will bring the kryptonite. 

I like hooters, and Superman is over rated, anyone that gets weak around a rock has issues...Give me Thor, or Wolverine.

Hope you are not implying that I said any of those things about WOS because I have given nothing but respect (that they have earned) to them. 

Sorry, I disagree. You may be taking one game at a time, but should you lose to WOS all that preparation that your team has been looking and training so hard since two a days goes right out the window. Suddenly, you know that  you CAN be beat. All that confidence then starts to be eroded with questions like how good are we really. The same would go for WOS. Big game, big stakes. Loser won't be the same team. Win or lose better get the bandwidth now, because either way the other teams fans are going to be down and dirty on this board.

Stangx I respect your football opinion clearly you know the game and are up to date on current topics. Clearly you love the game, that is obvious.

With that said can you honestly believe that one loss can send all of the pre-season work, preparation, and training out the window? Because if that is truly your beliefs then I seriously need to reconsider my first impression of your knowledge. We lost 4 games last year yet went 3 deep in the playoffs. 

Stangx I respect your football opinion clearly you know the game and are up to date on current topics. Clearly you love the game, that is obvious.

With that said can you honestly believe that one loss can send all of the pre-season work, preparation, and training out the window? Because if that is truly your beliefs then I seriously need to reconsider my first impression of your knowledge. We lost 4 games last year yet went 3 deep in the playoffs. 

MoFo, I believe it can clearly impact a teams subconcious belief. When you lose that swagger it's hard to get it back. Yes, you did, but your team was basically a cinderella story with nothing to lose. This year it seems like your the favorite, you think and believe your the best. However, you don't truly know until you play WOS (and honestly neither does WOS). Not saying you won't still win games afterwards but saying there will always be the underlying feeling that your not the best anymore because of that one loss. It would still be there if you played WOS in the playoffs. I truly believe it goes both ways, I would feel the same about WOS if they lost this game. It's one thing to lose a hyped up game, but when you lose the game of the year it's more meaningful and harder to get out of your head.

MoFo, I believe it can clearly impact a teams subconcious belief. When you lose that swagger it's hard to get it back. Yes, you did, but your team was basically a cinderella story with nothing to lose. This year it seems like your the favorite, you think and believe your the best. However, you don't truly know until you play WOS (and honestly neither does WOS). Not saying you won't still win games afterwards but saying there will always be the underlying feeling that your not the best anymore because of that one loss. It would still be there if you played WOS in the playoffs. I truly believe it goes both ways, I would feel the same about WOS if they lost this game. It's one thing to lose a hyped up game, but when you lose the game of the year it's more meaningful and harder to get out of your head.

You have to realize this team has players that have experienced 1-9 seasons and I watched them play in that last game of a 1-9 season as hard as I did in this past season. I personally think losses effect fans WAY more than it does these kids. These boys came off of a tough loss to Buna last year and most of us "clueless" parents were shaking our heads thinking uh-oh, but the boys bounced right back with a big win against Bridge City and then gave Silsbee all they could handle  and kept that momentum going 3 rounds deep.

You have to realize this team has players that have experienced 1-9 seasons and I watched them play in that last game of a 1-9 season as hard as I did in this past season. I personally think losses effect fans WAY more than it does these kids. These boys came off of a tough loss to Buna last year and most of us "clueless" parents were shaking our heads thinking uh-oh, but the boys bounced right back with a big win against Bridge City and then gave Silsbee all they could handle  and kept that momentum going 3 rounds deep.

Teenagers, you never know what you will get. I hope it doesn't affect either team.

2 losses in preseason does not define a team. I'm sure WOS will bring their A game. When they face HJ as I'm sure HJ will as well. Should be a really good ball game. Both coaches will have there teams prepared. As fans we just get to see a playoff type game a little earlier. Good luck to both squads. And may they represent our area well come playoff time.And by know means am I assuming that we run through district. Liberty wellllllll. I think we get in.

I would rather the game be in West Orange if you really want to know the truth! yes I think so!

Since HJ has actually been playing some tougher opponents this year, that visiting side has been PACKED almost every game. LCM's band (who is HUGE), took up a lot of the space over there. Maybe HJ should start thinking about stadium renovation? You know, since they're about to start this dynasty!  :lol:

Since HJ has actually been playing some tougher opponents this year, that visiting side has been PACKED almost every game. LCM's band (who is HUGE), took up a lot of the space over there. Maybe HJ should start thinking about stadium renovation? You know, since they're about to start this dynasty!  :lol:

The visitor side at Hawk Stadium needs to be doubled.