Oct. 31, 2014 vs WOS.... Who you got???

bedelmon

Not making excuses at all Craig just saying according to YOU and EVERY other WOS fan out there, WOS should man handle HJ and win this game easily, so explain to me, like I am a third grader, how we should eat crow when we are EXPECTED to lose in the first place.

Now on the other hand if HJ should win this game "JU GOT SOME SPLANING TO DO"

Also since No excuses are allowed, if HJ should some how MIRACULOUSLY win,  I fully expect to see, in print from you, HJ is a better team than WOS. 

Yes you should have to "eat crow" when someone makes a bold statement or prediction and it doesn't come true, "proven wrong" that is the exact definition of "eating crow"....now had Hj fans simply stated they are better this year than most, hope they beat WOS and we believe we have a better chance than ever to do so....then maybe not .... but from reading the VERY BOLD statements by some...eating crow is definitely in order.

Well, you guys do act like HJ will be a "cake walk" for WOS.... Your confidence is overflowing at the seams.... Please excuse us if we "don't believe the hype".... All of the WOS history and a dollar will get you a pack of gum..... Do we think we can beat you? Yes we do... Never seen a good team think "well, they are gonna beat us".... Aint gonna happ'm Cap'm.... I believe we can score with you.... Just got to stop you more than you stop us.... You'll score, but hopefully, we will score more..... See ya next Friday....

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Irregardless is a word commonly used in place of regardless or irrespective, which has caused controversy since the early twentieth century, though the word appeared in print as early as 1795.[1] Most dictionaries list it as "nonstandard" or "incorrect" usage, and recommend that "regardless" should be used instead

Just because it's used, or shows up in a dictionary, doesn't make it a "word" or at least not a "correct" word....you can also find "Ain't" in the dictionary also...doesn't mean it is "proper" speech....In fact the use of it "may be used as a marker of socio-economic or regional status or education level."

First rule of any respectable researcher NEVER NEVER NEVER use Wikipedia......

Yes you should have to "eat crow" when someone makes a bold statement or prediction and it doesn't come true, "proven wrong" that is the exact definition of "eating crow"....now had Hj fans simply stated they are better this year than most, hope they beat WOS and we believe we have a better chance than ever to do so....then maybe not .... but from reading the VERY BOLD statements by some...eating crow is definitely in order.

Please show me ANYWHERE that I have ever made a prediction. I do not make predictions I have stated before these are teenagers and you NEVER know what you are going to get. So if you are going to point fingers point them in the right direction I have not nor will ever make a prediction on a high school game.

Well, you guys do act like HJ will be a "cake walk" for WOS.... Your confidence is overflowing at the seams.... Please excuse us if we "don't believe the hype".... All of the WOS history and a dollar will get you a pack of gum..... Do we think we can beat you? Yes we do... Never seen a good team think "well, they are gonna beat us".... Aint gonna happ'm Cap'm.... I believe we can score with you.... Just got to stop you more than you stop us.... You'll score, but hopefully, we will score more..... See ya next Friday....

LOOK WHO IS ON TOP----HJ 8-0 .NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM YOU .your program has come a long ways this year and i know your very proud of your kids witch you should be,good luck to your kids

LOOK WHO IS ON TOP----HJ 8-0 .NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT AWAY FROM YOU .your program has come a long ways this year and i know your very proud of your kids witch you should be,good luck to your kids

Skipper it seems to some that HJ's program is now just a fluke. We steered away from teams like Anahuac and started played quality opponents, and yet it's still a fluke. These past two years have been nothing to some, just one good group of boys because they haven't been dominant for a decade. I'd like to say to some, take a look at LaGrange, I want to say that they missed the playoffs 6 out of the last 10 years (that may not be entirely correct but it's somewhere in the ballpark), and they've gotten out of the region twice ('09 and '13). Are you going to tell me LaGrange doesn't have a good program? Skipper, I appreciate your positive attitude. I wish there were more like you! Maybe it comes with age!

I think you're confusing a lot of HJ posters for just one guy. Some of us think and hope that we will win, but wouldn't be surprised with the outcome going a different way. There are very few that have said "HJ WILL beat West Orange."

Now as far as the regardless vs. irregardless argument, I have always been taught that 'irregardless' is more of a slang term. You won't find it in a text book or a book taken to print. Plus, I'm not sure why you would even say it - it's longer to write/type and harder to say and they both mean the same thing. Just my take.

the usage of irregardless to me goes back to a conversation I had with a fellow classmate about 5 years ago, he sent me this article the next day and I guess I became an advocate of the word.

http://www.cnet.com/news/off-topic-in-defense-of-irregardless/

My favorite quote from this text:

"In response, I would like to say that "irregardless"is a word. It is, at least according to Merriam-Webster and ScrabbleBut I'm not going to stop there. No. I would also like to contend that "irregardless" is the baddest-ass word of all time. This is for several reasons, which I will now explain."

the usage of irregardless to me goes back to a conversation I had with a fellow classmate about 5 years ago, he sent me this article the next day and I guess I became an advocate of the word.

http://www.cnet.com/news/off-topic-in-defense-of-irregardless/

My favorite quote from this text:

"In response, I would like to say that "irregardless"is a word. It is, at least according to Merriam-Webster and ScrabbleBut I'm not going to stop there. No. I would also like to contend that "irregardless" is the baddest-ass word of all time. This is for several reasons, which I will now explain."

Just read this article.......

1310481500822.jpg

funny stuff - however, other than to make fun, as I did in the above post, I refuse to use a "word" that isn't a "word" but is a "word" only because some thinks it's bad ass, cool, etc....a lot of "words" (or groups of letters grouped together and spoken/typed proclaiming to BE words) can be found in dictionaries......doesn't make it so! just MY opinion....carry on!

It's very interesting to me that a Silsbee fan is the main instigator in the WOS/HJ thread these days.

It's very interesting to me that a Silsbee fan is the main instigator in the WOS/HJ thread these days.

Then let me make it even more interesting for you...A Silsbee resident (not fan, have not been to a Silsbee game in many years) ;) that is one of few (I'd bet) that has seen every team in that district play, including some common opponents....

I was right about OF (after seeing them play) giving HJ (after seeing them play) all they could handle....and I'll be right about WOS (after seeing them play) beating HJ ....and I'll more than likely be at that game as well

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'll never use it, but I thought that article made a pretty nice defense. Ha! I think it was a Sam grad that made the word famous, though.

I know they all wear Orange, and it can be confusing at times....but don't confuse the creator of the word (a prisoner) with a student.... :ph34r:

I know they all wear Orange, and it can be confusing at times....but don't confuse the creator of the word (a prisoner) with a student.... :ph34r:

I believe the saying goes, "Only convicts wear orange!" I'm not sure there's much of a difference between those students and and the prisoners that just so happen to be in the same city! Might just be me, but I have a hard time telling the two apart!

I believe the saying goes, "Only convicts wear orange!" I'm not sure there's much of a difference between those students and and the prisoners that just so happen to be in the same city! Might just be me, but I have a hard time telling the two apart!

the sudents (football players) are the ones you see "choking" against NSU anyway...but there is always BOTPW...

-Eat'em Up Kats

Reason 5 Irregardless is a GREAT WORD...

1. It practices what it preaches: Irregardless of the rules of grammar, "irregardless" is a word. It's self-reflexive. It's the exception that proves the rule. It talks the talk and walks the walk. Is there another word like that? No, because "irregardless" is bad-ass. It is a text-based Chuck Norris, roundhouse-kicking everything else in the dictionary into submission.

A text based Chuck Norris...LOL...that is priceless stuff, how can you not love the word after that....I have to admit I was on the against side with my fellow student until he sent me this article, now I can't not (see what I did there?)  help but love the word....

Kiinda tired of all this David and Goliath talk. hj is undefeated and ranked ahead of us. I do believe that makes WOS the underdog since you guys seem to think our history is meaningless. hj is a very good team and are better than last year (i think we all can agree on that), I just don't think they are significantly better than last season. WOS is about the same as last year, maybe a little drop in a couple of areas. I don't believe it will be a 40+ difference but I do expect at least 17-24. hj does belong in the upper class of region teams.

I agree, I hope the refs glue the flags to their pockets. However, it seems to me the refs in a big game with let the flags fly often, especially early in the game. Hopefully, it all evens out and it is a great game. Wish we could play every Halloween, we could call it Halloween Havoc (if the WWE would let us use that trademark, lol).

Skipper it seems to some that HJ's program is now just a fluke. We steered away from teams like Anahuac and started played quality opponents, and yet it's still a fluke. These past two years have been nothing to some, just one good group of boys because they haven't been dominant for a decade. I'd like to say to some, take a look at LaGrange, I want to say that they missed the playoffs 6 out of the last 10 years (that may not be entirely correct but it's somewhere in the ballpark), and they've gotten out of the region twice ('09 and '13). Are you going to tell me LaGrange doesn't have a good program? Skipper, I appreciate your positive attitude. I wish there were more like you! Maybe it comes with age!

:)