Oct. 31, 2014 vs WOS.... Who you got???

bedelmon

It took me forever, but I read this thread all the way through its entirety, and maybe it's just me (I have been away for quite some time), but it seems that HJ has its doubters. Heck, I'll admit that I wasn't sure HJ was worth their top ten rank. After the first game of the season, I thought HJ's secondary was going to get rocked all season long. Broussard comes back and it's a totally different ball game.

With the pass rush HJ has, no QB has time to throw the ball. Even if they do get it off in time, HJ's secondary is there to meet it. Don't even think about trying to run the ball against HJ. If you try to run it up the gap, your world will be rocked by Padgett. You won't get to the outside because Edelmon and his counterpart will contain you on the edge, and if someone does slip by, the outside linebackers will be there to meet you followed shortly by a safety and/or a corner.

Now to the offense, Tatum did a good job containing Thompson. You didn't see nearly as many long breakout runs as normal (although he did have that 15 yd TD run), but it didn't matter. Jones will pound it up the middle for at least 3 or 4 yards every time. The offense they run is so hard to contain because there's no way of knowing who's got the ball until it's too late. And, just when you're not expecting it, Dubois will dump one over the top to Padgett, and we all know he'll run you over. Tilley is sure going to be missed, but they've got plenty of weapons to take his place!

Now here's why I think HJ will win this game. HJ beats Tatum in a game where they had control the entire time, save maybe the first play. This same Tatum team absolutely destroyed Newton. You can't say, "oh it's a different Newton team than the one that played WO-S." Don't even try. To get stomped that badly? Yeah right, line the two up again and tell me it's a different story this time around. Maybe WO-S played poorly against Newton, I don't know, but by two TD's? Where were these star wide receivers I hear so much about? Couldn't get the ball to them? Well guess what! It's going to just as hard, if not harder to do that against HJ. The Hawks might not get as many break away TD's that they've enjoyed all season, but I'll bet you that they'll do the same thing they did to Tatum, and pound it 4 or 5 yards at a time until they reach the end-zone. To say that HJ is not on the same page as WO-S is a joke, and if you believe otherwise, you're just as delusional as all the Cowboy fans that now think they're going to the Superbowl. I hear all of this crap about all this history you're throwing around, well, in case you haven't noticed, the team that beat HJ ten years ago is long gone. This is a whole new set of boys that have the potential to be upset. HJ didn't play up just to do it this year, they did it to get better. Oh and one more thing, they're undefeated against their brutal schedule.

I rest my case.

It took me forever, but I read this thread all the way through its entirety, and maybe it's just me (I have been away for quite some time), but it seems that HJ has its doubters. Heck, I'll admit that I wasn't sure HJ was worth their top ten rank. After the first game of the season, I thought HJ's secondary was going to get rocked all season long. Broussard comes back and it's a totally different ball game.

With the pass rush HJ has, no QB has time to throw the ball. Even if they do get it off in time, HJ's secondary is there to meet it. Don't even think about trying to run the ball against HJ. If you try to run it up the gap, your world will be rocked by Padgett. You won't get to the outside because Edelmon and his counterpart will contain you on the edge, and if someone does slip by, the outside linebackers will be there to meet you followed shortly by a safety and/or a corner.

Now to the offense, Tatum did a good job containing Thompson. You didn't see nearly as many long breakout runs as normal (although he did have that 15 yd TD run), but it didn't matter. Jones will pound it up the middle for at least 3 or 4 yards every time. The offense they run is so hard to contain because there's no way of knowing who's got the ball until it's too late. And, just when you're not expecting it, Dubois will dump one over the top to Padgett, and we all know he'll run you over. Tilley is sure going to be missed, but they've got plenty of weapons to take his place!

Now here's why I think HJ will win this game. HJ beats Tatum in a game where they had control the entire time, save maybe the first play. This same Tatum team absolutely destroyed Newton. You can't say, "oh it's a different Newton team than the one that played WO-S." Don't even try. To get stomped that badly? Yeah right, line the two up again and tell me it's a different story this time around. Maybe WO-S played poorly against Newton, I don't know, but by two TD's? Where were these star wide receivers I hear so much about? Couldn't get the ball to them? Well guess what! It's going to just as hard, if not harder to do that against HJ. The Hawks might not get as many break away TD's that they've enjoyed all season, but I'll bet you that they'll do the same thing they did to Tatum, and pound it 4 or 5 yards at a time until they reach the end-zone. To say that HJ is not on the same page as WO-S is a joke, and if you believe otherwise, you're just as delusional as all the Cowboy fans that now think they're going to the Superbowl. I hear all of this crap about all this history you're throwing around, well, in case you haven't noticed, the team that beat HJ ten years ago is long gone. This is a whole new set of boys that have the potential to be upset. HJ didn't play up just to do it this year, they did it to get better. Oh and one more thing, they're undefeated against their brutal schedule.

I rest my case.

Disagree, same boys as last year..same result this year. So, I guess with your logic tatum could beat PNG or hj could as well?

and dose it show the drop passes  to wide open wr and the fumble with less than a inc on newtons 25 yard line with lots of time left SEND ME A PICTURE

no it sure don't..but what you said does tell me you have fast WR that can't catch and your fumble prone..thanks for the info lol

You are right on the money on the tradition WOS football tradition FAR exceeds HJ's. Truth of the matter is HJ has no face to lose with a loss to WOS but if the shoe gets on the other foot look out. 

Would the Newton/WOS thread went 22 pages if WOS would have won? Not even close, now if HJ comes out and some how overcomes "tradition" and wins this game SETX may have to get more bandwidth to handle the thread...

Truth of the matter is it will be Halloween and I think we will come dressed as an Underdog.

I love all the talk on these threads, that's what makes sports fun...you can talk all you want until you have to lace up the cleats and trot out there. HJ isn't scared of WOS, they have made that point VERY CLEAR, but as most of you know from your old beer drinking days...."You aint gotta be scared to get your butt whooped!" ;)