Best Player in 20-4a

Guest lumbertonfag

Guest lumbertonfag

I personally think Austin Greenway is the best player...He has a lot of heart and determination. He is pretty much the best!  :D....

He played great against us <3

Hes pretty much my hero.

signed: YeaYea

Kirby and kelly are not 4a. but we can still hang. i think our population is a little over 400, but we have wins like: Lumberton 5-0, LCM7-0, Nedcerland 3-0. if you consider size, kelly is amazing

Wouldn't you agree that Kelly's ability to recruit all of Beaumont and the surrounding areas somewhat diminishes the fact that their enrollment at the school is so small.  I'm not discrediting the fact that Kelly is by far the best team in the area with the area's strongest player, but using Kelly's enrollment numbers is a moot point when its soccer team is almost hand-picked from Beaumont Select.

um Lumberton scored against you guys and keep in mind (4/5-1)- to us this was a scrimmage not a game- we didnt even have all of our players there. Kelly had at that time been playing together already where as Lumberton had just started practicing :P

That would at least give Kelly a slight advantage over the Raiders. Would love to get another shot at Kelly though.

First off Bon Mot, Kelly Soccer does not recruit at all, are school gives us no money for scholarships and doesnt give us any respect at all. Every starter with the exception of our goalie grew up in a private school and are going to a private high school because thats where they wanted to go... But lets talk about Stockie the keeper and the only starter not to go to private school there whole life. IF you ask him the reason he came to kelly is because he heard bad things about other area coaches and decided he wanted to win and play for an amazing soccer program not because a coach came and talked to him. So if you saying Kelly recruits soccer players is honestly one of the stupidest things that ive read on these forums.

Second off, i agree a rematch with lumberton would be a better game but im still gonna put the Dawgs as the winners of that match, but im not saying that with any disrespect to Lumberton the they are a great team and easily the number 2 team in this area

I just re-read what Bon Mot jsut said and iot made me angrier the second time around....I mean where do you get your information. who said we hand pick select players. Please next time you want to say something make sure your facts are straight

I got my information from your coach.  His words:  "I recruit."

And Bon Mot in case you doubt what i said i can give you a list of our starters and The PRIVATE middle schools they went to:

Kirby-St Anne

Clark-All Saints

Hanks-St Anne

Feidler-St Anne

Carona- St Anne

MacAllum-All Saints

Allen- All Saints

Nelson-St. Anne

Mann-All Saints

Horning-St. Anthony

(are only exception)

Stockie- Odem

P.S. St Anne, St. Anthony, and All Saints are all feeder schools for Kelly

First off Bon Mot, Kelly Soccer does not recruit at all, are school gives us no money for scholarships and doesnt give us any respect at all. Every starter with the exception of our goalie grew up in a private school and are going to a private high school because thats where they wanted to go... But lets talk about Stockie the keeper and the only starter not to go to private school there whole life. IF you ask him the reason he came to kelly is because he heard bad things about other area coaches and decided he wanted to win and play for an amazing soccer program not because a coach came and talked to him. So if you saying Kelly recruits soccer players is honestly one of the stupidest things that ive read on these forums.

Second off, i agree a rematch with lumberton would be a better game but im still gonna put the Dawgs as the winners of that match, but im not saying that with any disrespect to Lumberton the they are a great team and easily the number 2 team in this area

As to the fact that yall dont recruit, i would quite have to disagree because a good friend of mine was offered a $500 scholarship to go play soccer for kelly, so to say kelly doesn't give out scholarships to recruit players is highly discreditable

um Lumberton scored against you guys and keep in mind (4/5-1)- to us this was a scrimmage not a game

Youre right thats my fault. I messed that up. i dont really remember the game but why do you say 4/5? and as far as a scrimage goes, i can understand tryin not to get hurt but you should always play hard as you can. and i wouldnt mind another game

bon mot.  Im not sayin kelly does or does not recruit because there may be someone at sometime that has been recruited, but like jcb said, this year is all bonified private school kids.  and if you know joe fontana well enough for him to say "I recruit", then you know him well enough to tell when hes not serious. but once again, im not posting this to say whether or not kelly recruits, but i can tell you that  THIS year kelly (3-1 district) is a solid team, with zero "scholarships"

As to the fact that yall dont recruit, i would quite have to disagree because a good friend of mine was offered a $500 scholarship to go play soccer for kelly

Im not saying that what you said isnt true, but kelly costs about $7500 a year.  500 wouldnt seem to do too much. also just curious how long ago was this scholarship offer?

ok jcb  its ODOM ha just messing i came form there too.  Kelly soccer doesn't recuit and doesn't have to with the awesome coach we have and talent for all our feeder schools  so no  getting scholarship and recuiting are two different thing.  and there isnt even any boy soccer athletic on scholarship on that matter either

Kirby is the best in SETX no doubt. After watching the teams at the tourney and also playing with a few of these guys this summer I feel i can point a few out. Yeah-Yeah, from Lumberton, is a very good player. I’m sure he is in the top 5 in the district. I also played Select with a guy from Vidor named Reed Biffle, he has speed and can control the ball just as well as yeah yeah can. He is also in the top 5. Leger from LCM is a threat no doubt, yet, i think he is over rated. He is one of the best players in 20-4a, just not SETX. Bryce from PNG is great as well. What he lacks in talent he makes up for in heart. This guy gives 150% the entire game. I think he is in the top 5 as well. Not sure about to many other people since I only got to watch everyone play for a short amount of time in the Tourney. I’m positive that the players I have listed are among the standouts in 20-4A. Anyone have anything to add??

Im not saying that what you said isnt true, but kelly costs about $7500 a year.  500 wouldnt seem to do too much. also just curious how long ago was this scholarship offer?

im Sure your aware of Brent Waldrup/"Yeah yeah" on lumberton this year? well we almost lost him to kelly before school started. He was offered the scholarship but for whatever reason (more than likely the price tag of $7500 a year) he decided the scholarship wasnt worth switching.

O well didnt happen, so it doesnt exist. haha but yes he is good and easily one of the best in our district i believe. However i still havent been able to see leger, bryce, or biffle?(who does he play for) play. And i dont think i will get to see bryce play either in light of his injury..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder