Hardin @ New Waverley

Bighornet

Exactly what I've been trying to tell them. New Waverly is a much better football team than they were last year and they have several athletes. I think it will be a very good game.

I think it will be a very competive game that could go either way. I just think New Waverly is gonna have a lil more gas! I hope the hornets from Hardin prove me wrong!

Guest HardinHornets

HornetFan7004

We enjoy the support of the community and look forward to only hearing encouragement from those who are residents, friends, students, family and athletes.

If indeed you have been a "fan" and have attended all of the games in recent years, then you should be the first to be excited about the progress and initial success that our young men are achieving early in this season. Do we brag about where we are currently? Absolutely not. We have a long way to go, but we are headed in the right direction. The last thing anybody from this community, including the players who view this website, is doubt coming from somebody who views their performance on a weekly basis for a prolonged period of time. It's not fair to them, nor to those of us who put a lot of effort and energy and supporting them in their journey. With that being said, your reference to the Offensive Line, is somewhat incomplete at this point. The O-line has not allowed a sack and has helped produced 592 yards of running offense in two games. The same O-line is also responsible for helping produce nearly 160 yards passing in just under two games. If there was an area of concern, which I don't believe there is, it would not be the offensive line. Once again, thank you for the support. We look forward to hearing more positive and uplifting comments throughout this season.

Thanks,

HH

I'm not talking down about them by no means.  I just think the teams we have played so far have had weaker defence than we will see in district play.  If I was not a supporter of the football team, cheer leaders and band I would have stopped go to the games long ago, but I believe in supporting these kids win loose or draw.  I will be making the drive tonight to see the jr. high play as I have a kid that is starting to come up through the program. Think we all need to say a prayer for the kids safety as the weather conditions are not favorable Friday night which could mean poor field conditions.

I'm not talking down about them by no means. I just think the teams we have played so far have had weaker defence than we will see in district play. If I was not a supporter of the football team, cheer leaders and band I would have stopped go to the games long ago, but I believe in supporting these kids win loose or draw. I will be making the drive tonight to see the jr. high play as I have a kid that is starting to come up through the program. Think we all need to say a prayer for the kids safety as the weather conditions are not favorable Friday night which could mean poor field conditions.

Well said

Guest HardinHornets

Nobody is doubting your support, HornetFan. I am only encouraging you to be positive and uplifting. The kids need to see a strong supporting cast from their community. I hope your child has a great season and enjoys football thoroughly. A lot of great things are happening in Hardin and the future is bright. Safe travels in your journey to and from games tonight and tomorrow.

Thanks

HH