Friendswood Beats George Ranch 38 -35

fwoodfan

We play GR in 2 weeks.

They are good, real good.  Big on both lines and very fast in the backfield. Your defense will have to play assignment football and stay not over pursue on sweeps and edge runs.  All running backs are tough to bring and shifty.  They can stop on a dime and be back at full speed in a heartbeat. Their passing game is a little suspect, but then they run it well enough not to need it much.

We played well and deserved the win, but it took a defensive touchdown and a last minute semi-miracle reception to beat them.  I honestly think Friendswood's superior conditioning was the difference.  Their defense wilted a bit at the end of the first and again at the end of game.  If your offense can sustain hurry up drives and take advantage of the new clock rules to get set without giving the defense a break it will help.

Bottom line is that they are going to score.  I dont think anyone can hold them to less than the mid 20s, so your offense has to find ways to score consistently against their big defensive line.

FW rb is a hoss to stop,good win for FW

Sam Longbotham is a big strong kid with surprising speed.  He can get the tough yards and will bust two or three runs a game.  He should of scored last night -- got tripped up at the ten going in and was almost able to jump into the endzone.  Came up a half yard short.  In the end he rushed for 190 against a big, tough d-line.  Or O-line did a great job.

Sam Longbotham is a big strong kid with surprising speed. He can get the tough yards and will bust two or three runs a game. He should of scored last night -- got tripped up at the ten going in and was almost able to jump into the endzone. Came up a half yard short. In the end he rushed for 190 against a big, tough d-line. Or O-line did a great job.

with a last name like that, he has to be good!

The name may explain why he's so tough.

Here's a link to the video of the final touch down:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShI2USPWLdY

Was that young Tyler Page with that td toss? I heard he is getting most of the snaps now over the senior. He comes from good stock. His dad started in front of a young WR named Lloyd Hill at Odessa Permian.

Was that young Tyler Page with that td toss? I heard he is getting most of the snaps now over the senior. He comes from good stock. His dad started in front of a young WR named Lloyd Hill at Odessa Permian.

Tyler (soph) took every snap and QB last night.  We all knew he was the future, but it looks like the future is now.  He is sneaky fast and illusive and his passing is coming along (obviously).

I will be posting the link to the YouTube video I made of the game.  WHAT AN AWESOME GAME!!!  I think my Pentagon T works in reverse when playing Friendswood.  Friendswood's #66 is a horse!!!  What a beast of a lineman!!!  He cleared the way for the 3rd quarter surge of Friendswood.

Game turned when George Ranch was up 13 - 0.  GR intercepted the ball and had 40 yards to go up by three TD's.  GR went for on 4th down and the pass was overthrown on a wide open receiver.  MOMENTUM changed BIG TIME after that.  If GR goes up 21 to 0 then, I think the game is probably toast, but hats off to Friendswood.  Just an Amazing game.

GRHS is loaded with speed and depth.  Hopefully this loss will sting enough so the kids execute at 110%.

I'm currently waiting for the guy in the Athletic Booster Club to post my voice over video.  Will put the link in here when it is posted.

GRHS plays Morton Ranch this week, then PAM the week after.  I "believe" Foster plays a golden triangle team this week.  Foster is also pretty good.

I will be posting the link to the YouTube video I made of the game.  WHAT AN AWESOME GAME!!!  I think my Pentagon T works in reverse when playing Friendswood.  Friendswood's #66 is a horse!!!  What a beast of a lineman!!!  He cleared the way for the 3rd quarter surge of Friendswood.

Looking forward to that link Purple.

#66 didnt play football until about a third of the way through last season.  Believe it or not he was a baseball player.  He has come a long way and is playing really well.