Redskins at Texans thread.

My first impression of Fitz, was he is Matt Schaub with a beard. I will back away from that a little. I do hope he gets more comfortable and does better. The defense cant hold him up all season. I dont believe that Savage and Mallet are the answer either. Right now (and maybe for the foreseeable future) the Texans are the best team in the State!

Fitz has the ability to make plays with his feet if the pocket collapses which Schaub could never do. He made some bad throws but when he missed he missed low and didn't allow the defense to make a play on the ball or tip it. The play calling was very vanilla and I think they will open up the playbook as the season wears on. There is no doubt that Fitz is nothing more than a game management type QB but I think he will play better as the season wears on and as he gets more time in with the backs and recievers. For the Texans to have success this year, the defense will have to play very well week in and week out. I look for them to trade up in the upcoming draft to get a franchise QB, Fitz is just bridging the gap IMO.

For those that say Fitz will get better as the season moves on I got 2,621 reasons why I disagree. This guy doesn't have the arm strength or accuracy to get the ball down field. Watched all preseason and game one and saw the same thing...an offense void of any passes more than 20 yards downfield. One thing Schaub had was a big arm. He made a living on the bootleg getting the ball down field to Dre before he hurt the foot.

You must've not watched the same Schaub I did. His strength was accuracy, he under threw almost every deep ball I've ever seen him through. Arm strength was one of his biggest weaknesses.

Yes after the foot injury, but go back and look in 2009 and 2010 and even parts of 2011 before the injury. He was at the top or in the top five in 20+ and 40+ yard passes. I contend that the foot injury really hurt his ability to drive the ball down field especially on the playaction roll out that Kubs offense revolved around.

But back on Fitz...If they are going to utilize a game manager with little skill, I suspect soon we will see Mallett and Savage if Mallet doesn't flash.  First three game slide the QB suffle begins.