BMTsoulja1...it's about that time!!

Actually Pear I have witnessed Show bands at the highest levels, and if you attend the UIL contest in a couple of months (or a little less) you'll see them there, they will be entertaining and pull down #1 ratings, you don't have to give up being entertaining in order to get 1's.

Actually Pear I have witnessed Show bands at the highest levels, and if you attend the UIL contest in a couple of months (or a little less) you'll see them there, they will be entertaining and pull down #1 ratings, you don't have to give up being entertaining in order to get 1's.

I think we may have a misunderstanding about the term "show bands". To some ppl show style bands are the type that may do different things slightly beyond the norm to add a bit of excitement to their show. These bands can be seen quite often at uil contest. But the show style bands I'm referring to are more along the lines of the styles that the historically black colleges and universities adapted back in the 60's and 70's that still carry on today. Same word.....different meanings. But I feel ya...those types of show bands are entertaining as well!!