Not political, but something we all can feel good about and root for!!

NorthoftheBorder

I coached LL for a few years. We had a girl try out (I think the first girl to do so in our league) and my team drafted her. She started on the infield on my team and made the LL all stars. That was 32 years ago. Girls making the all stars is hardly new. The fact that it is more common place now is great.

Girls have played in the LLWS before, I think 17 before Mo'ne Davis. 

It just makes me wonder how many people will read just the headlines and think she is the first female LL'er and ignore what others have done before her. This girl deserves her headlines but it is hardly groundbreaking (but I'll bet it sells a lot of SI magazines) . I makes me wonder if some of the others should have gotten more when they broke ground. Maybe had the internet been around back then they would have. 

I am thoroughly impressed with this girls ability to pitch.....her control of the ball for her age is beyond her years......

this does bring up a question......Are males able to play softball?

I have played in many softball leagues. 

I coached LL for a few years. We had a girl try out (I think the first girl to do so in our league) and my team drafted her. She started on the infield on my team and made the LL all stars. That was 32 years ago. Girls making the all stars is hardly new. The fact that it is more common place now is great.

Girls have played in the LLWS before, I think 17 before Mo'ne Davis. 

It just makes me wonder how many people will read just the headlines and think she is the first female LL'er and ignore what others have done before her. This girl deserves her headlines but it is hardly groundbreaking (but I'll bet it sells a lot of SI magazines) . I makes me wonder if some of the others should have gotten more when they broke ground. Maybe had the internet been around back then they would have. 

I think as a pitcher and the success she is having, that is the ground breaking!

im not questioning whether its right or wrong for a female to play in male leagues.

Im asking....Are males allowed to play in female leagues?

school age not 20 30 and 40 and up year olds playing recreationally

The real question is What league would the substitute teacher from Lumberton play in?

Jackie Robinson West is playing in the LLWS championship game on ABC now.

The all black team from Chicago has captured the imagination of kids all across the country.

I tweeted today that I feel that the Nevada team is the best U.S. team but I am smiling ear to ear with the Chicago team playing for the world championship. I love it!!!!!!