Big 12 Predictions

Roper84

Certainly Baylor and OU are the favorites.  Baylor handled OU last year, but this year they must travel to Norman on Nov 8.  That game likely decides the Big 12.  Texas and TCU will play on Turkey Day to decide 3rd place.  TT will be in the middle of the pack.

Baylor is the favorite but honestly in this conference you never know. Strong is trying to bring something that the Big 12 hasn't seen since Nebraska left in defense and a running based offense. Oklahoma will always be there but they, as well as Texas, have to travel to the Panhandle. Been to Jones Stadium many times and that wind plus the craziest fans in football makes it one of the toughest places to escape with a win. Then there's TCU, Kansas State, and even Oklahoma State all who can play with anyone else if they stay healthy.

Picks:
1. Baylor
T2. Oklahoma & Tech
T4. Texas & Kansas State
6. TCU
7. Oklahoma State

Okie Lt has won at least 9 games and finished ranked 5 out of the last 6 years. They only won 8 in 2012. Don't sleep on them as I don't see anyway they finish 7th in that conference.

I thought about putting them with TCU maybe even ahead but this conference is anybody's game. The first four teams are ahead of everyone but the next three are close. Gave KState the edge cause of Snyder. I expect no team to go undefeated though which means none in the playoff.

I thought about putting them with TCU maybe even ahead but this conference is anybody's game. The first four teams are ahead of everyone but the next three are close. Gave KState the edge cause of Snyder. I expect no team to go undefeated though which means none in the playoff.

They get Florida State 1st game so we will see how good they are right out of the gate.

1. Tech
2. Baylor
3. OU
4.Texas

Seriously?  Let's look back to Tech's final 5 conference games last year.  OU, KSU, OSU, Texas, and Baylor.  Yes, they lost ALL of them.  More of the same this year as Tech's swiss cheese defense is even worse.  Look for Tech to finish 6-6 and 7th place in the Big 12.

• 2 weeks later...