No Baytown FOOTBALL talk. Come on

Ol' Jerrah needs to worry bout the team getting to at least the NFC Title game instead of a HS using the logo

Pretty sure this was before Jerra(early 90's). It was actually the NFL which owns the trademark rights to all NFL logos. Dallas was not very good on or off the field and the school opted to distance themselves from the comparison to the Cowboys mystique and look. Back in the day they prided themselves to being compared to those Tom Landry Cowboy teams that won with class. Sterling used to do the same from '71-'83.

I agree, the only good thing aduddel did was the uniforms a couple of years again witht he flat gray helmets with the star on it.  One year wonder because last year they went to white helmet with the star. I would have kept that design and just changed the color to royal blue.

They made them change from the cowboys logo a long time ago. Late 70s early 80s.
There was no reason to make this change at this time. The tradition was lost in my opinion with this change. They now look like any other johnny come lately, generic cypress team.

They made them change from the cowboys logo a long time ago. Late 70s early 80s.
There was no reason to make this change at this time. The tradition was lost in my opinion with this change. They now look like any other johnny come lately, generic cypress team.

Mid 80's at the earliest. I graduated in '83 and the Star was still intact. Coach Stafford in '85 might have made the initial modification. Coach Manley's teams always had the Star.

Lee didn't look too bad.

Last year's qb is definitely all running back all the time now.

Defense looks pretty good actually for the first time in a while.  Not sure what they can do against the pass though.North Forest certainly could not pass.

Offense is three yards and a cloud of dust and the occasional quick hitter to the tight end up the seam.

They are much more well coached this year though than they have been in a while.  

The discipline is like night and day from last year.  They still do not execute very well, but they could get better I guess as the season goes along.

In regard to the new Sterling uniforms, I had the chance to talk with the new Head Coach during softball season last year (my daughter plays for Sterling and the coach came up to the press box to talk with us). He is out to change the complete mindset of Sterling football, including the changing the look of the uniforms The actual colors of Sterling are Royal Blue and Silver, not navy and silver, so he is going with the legit school colors. I have seen the helmet design and it is pretty nice. Not sure what the overall uniform will look like, but I would imagine it will look sharp knowing this coach. Don't take to much from shorts and t-shirts. :)

After talking with him I wanted to put on a uniform and haul my 51 year old body out to play. This coach will greatly improve the Sterling program. It might take him a couple of years, but it will be much stronger. The number of players is way up already, something the old coach could never accomplish. The coach is high energy and will expect players to lift their expectations and move beyond the past. He is the type of coach a player will want to play for and give 100% each and every play.

What time is the lee sterling freshman game and where tomorrow?
Is there an a and b or just one team?
Thanks in advance.

4:30 @ REL
REL only has one freshman team. RSS, right now, has 2 (9th), 1 (10th), 1 (JV) and a Varsity. First time in several years.

Pretty sure the field dedication for Coach Kramer takes place before the JV game at 7.

In regard to the new Sterling uniforms, I had the chance to talk with the new Head Coach during softball season last year (my daughter plays for Sterling and the coach came up to the press box to talk with us). He is out to change the complete mindset of Sterling football, including the changing the look of the uniforms The actual colors of Sterling are Royal Blue and Silver, not navy and silver, so he is going with the legit school colors. I have seen the helmet design and it is pretty nice. Not sure what the overall uniform will look like, but I would imagine it will look sharp knowing this coach. Don't take to much from shorts and t-shirts. :)

After talking with him I wanted to put on a uniform and haul my 51 year old body out to play. This coach will greatly improve the Sterling program. It might take him a couple of years, but it will be much stronger. The number of players is way up already, something the old coach could never accomplish. The coach is high energy and will expect players to lift their expectations and move beyond the past. He is the type of coach a player will want to play for and give 100% each and every play.

I like it.

Lee freshman up 12-6 when I left at halftime.

Sterling had about 75 kids to Lee's 35.

Both teams looked pretty rough in their execution.  Lee had what looked like a couple of freshmen running the chains that could have been useful.  Had their uniform tops on.  

Lee had a couple of pretty good athletes.  

One really good looking linebacker that looked like he could possibly help on varsity right now if he had to.

Another pretty good-sized linebacker.  A couple of receivers both over 6' tall and pretty athletic.  Not much size up front. Not much depth.  QB played hard just doesn't have the arm to get it out there.

Sterling had a pretty tough kid at qb, quick kid playing running back that also ran back a kickoff for a td for their only touchdown.

Pretty much both teams just tossed it left and tossed it right to the halfback all day.