Ben Carson's Major Announcement...

smitty

Ok .... I lived on 1300 Joe Louis Louis manner Apt. from 4th grade- 11th. OK anybody familiar with Port Arthur knows about the conditions. I'll guess that maybe around 99% of the area is welfare recipients. I've meet lifetime friends we all played together spent nights over etc. I don't ever recall spending a night at anybody house and we at anything close to what you guys claim if we were lucky it's was a Bolonga sandwich syrup sandwich the best it got was eggs and rice. Not saying it wasn't days we had bbq or gumbo but that wasnt the norm. I'm not saying you guys are lying I'm just saying I knew of nobody in the apartments that ate steak ..yes alot had "illegal" cable. And if you had a car on 22 it was because ya parents got a nice income tax check. Or they made money outside. I just think some of you guys statements or way off. You all should go to these type places and look inside fridge you'll realize. No lobster no steak no nothing. It's sad that many speak jibe on something because they might of seen one lazy person. But like I said I just know better.

Your Assumptions About Welfare Recipients Are Wrong
This is a very interesting article. I can't post links so just Google the title

Improper welfare payments, including fraud, are estimated to be about 8.7% of all federal welfare payments made and exceeded $50 billion in fiscal year 2012. 

http://federalsafetynet.com/welfare-fraud.html

If the fraud rate is only 2%-3%, how much money could it really be costing us?  Well…these low rates would mean that roughly 785,000 to 1.2 Million families are illegally receiving welfare benefits.  At the average rate of $11,500 per year, this is costing the tax payers between $9.0 - $13.5 Billion dollars every year.

http://www.roanen.com/presidential-thoughts-blog/how-much-is-welfare-fraud-costing-us

Improper welfare payments, including fraud, are estimated to be about 8.7% of all federal welfare payments made and exceeded $50 billion in fiscal year 2012.

http://federalsafetynet.com/welfare-fraud.html

If the fraud rate is only 2%-3%, how much money could it really be costing us? Well…these low rates would mean that roughly 785,000 to 1.2 Million families are illegally receiving welfare benefits. At the average rate of $11,500 per year, this is costing the tax payers between $9.0 - $13.5 Billion dollars every year.

http://www.roanen.com/presidential-thoughts-blog/how-much-is-welfare-fraud-costing-us

so we punish everyone that really need it. What are you saying?

so we punish everyone that really needs it. What are you saying?

Who said anything about punishing?  There you go making crap up.

How is restricting what they purchase punishing?

If you think giving someone food other than steaks, lobster, King Crab and shrimp is punishing them you are part of the problem.

Don't you think that 9-11 BILLION dollars a year could be put to use to help the people that REALLY need it?

www.cnbc.com/id/100975718. The welfare queen myth is wrong.

Did you even read the article? It had to do with welfare being harder to get now than 20 years ago. First, I'm not sure I believe that (since we have commercials for food stamps), but we are not talking even talking about that.  We are talking about people abusing the system.....you have to be ON it to ABUSE it......keep up

I just stopped at the grocery store on my way home from work. I was on line behind a lady I know from town. She lives in the government assistance apartments in town. She is about 40 years old, and is healthy enough to walk around town all day. She has her three daughters and the two older girls' boyfriends living with her. Both boys and the oldest girl have graduated high school. The middle girl quit school last year. None of these 5 healthy adults has a job other than the two boyfriends sell drugs around town. The six of them just loaded up on groceries on their ebt card. I couldn't see the total, but it was a cart topped off full of groceries. Other than the youngest girl who is about 10 years old, can someone please explain to me why this bunch should be receiving any form of welfare? As far as I'm concerned, they can get off their butts and get a job. The word of the day is job. JOB

Oh, by the way before you go all racist on me, they are all privileged white people. Maybe I should send them to work with big girl. They could probably be a supervisor or something!

I'm just wondering why post all this family info. And how you no this much info about this family. In all the post seem weird. But no people like that half life wrong. Welfare recipients should have to find a job with 8 weeks/ or on the workforce. Some way to show they at least are trying. No house hold should have over 1 ebt card. Card should be decline on questionable purchase.

I just stopped at the grocery store on my way home from work. I was on line behind a lady I know from town. She lives in the government assistance apartments in town. She is about 40 years old, and is healthy enough to walk around town all day. She has her three daughters and the two older girls' boyfriends living with her. Both boys and the oldest girl have graduated high school. The middle girl quit school last year. None of these 5 healthy adults has a job other than the two boyfriends sell drugs around town. The six of them just loaded up on groceries on their ebt card. I couldn't see the total, but it was a cart topped off full of groceries. Other than the youngest girl who is about 10 years old, can someone please explain to me why this bunch should be receiving any form of welfare? As far as I'm concerned, they can get off their butts and get a job. The word of the day is job. JOB

Oh, by the way before you go all racist on me, they are all privileged white people. Maybe I should send them to work with big girl. They could probably be a supervisor or something!

sure, I think you made this up.

sure, I think you made this up.

Next time I see them, I will take a picture to send you! Why would I make this up?
You want a different example of lazy people living off the government?
My daughter's best friend's father. Has 2 kids with 2 different women. Was married to the second one, but not the first. They are since divorced. He is my brother-in-laws best friend. His mother and father got divorced when he was young. He lived with mom, wanted to be a bull rider, but got hurt one time and never worth a crap after that. Mom dies while he is in high school. Leaves him a house and 8 acres of land, paid for, free and clear. His uncle puts aside a college fund for him. He never used it. Gets out of high school and gets a job doing metal construction for a few years. Has one kid with one lady. Then a couple years later gets married to a different lady and they have a kid. Soon after, he gets laid off. That was about 9 years ago. Last job he has had for more than a few days. He gets a divorce, and shacks up with a crack head in mom's house. Now, in the last nine years, he has been in jail for any amount of stupid things, gets a job from people that knew his mom and feel sorry for him. Never lasts more than a week without quitting or not showing back up. He has been on welfare on and off the entire time. Electrictricity and water have been shut off numerous times for non-payment. His mom's family, my wife's family, and other friends always have to pay to have them turned back on.. The house is down to one livable room, and there are several pieces of trucks in the yard that are barely visible above the grass. He has never paid a dollar in child support to help either of his children. He has lived the last 9 years off of welfare and what other people have given him. He is now 40 years old, and will not support himself or his children.

I'm just wondering why post all this family info. And how you no this much info about this family. In all the post seem weird. But no people like that half life wrong. Welfare recipients should have to find a job with 8 weeks/ or on the workforce. Some way to show they at least are trying. No house hold should have over 1 ebt card. Card should be decline on questionable purchase.

The info was just to give background and prove that people are using the system to be lazy when they are capable of working. There have been some posts saying the only people receiving welfare are unable to care for themselves and we are cruel to say they shouldn't get free stuff.

Let's just say this is a very small town and my wife is kin to almost everybody here. The two boyfriends walk down the road in front of my house at least three times a day to get to the crack house down the road.