Ruling set, BISD takeover will be next Monday

AggiesAreWe

Many of you for sure know more than me.  I just have questions as to whether Chargois inherited a big mess and did nothing to clean it up, or did he make it worse.  In my mind this is the result of Thomas's leadership and Chargois just didn't fix things so they continued to get worse.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.  Of course, as far as the Board is concerned, they for the most part have been here for the duration and are unquestionably at fault!!!!

Many of you for sure know more than me.  I just have questions as to whether Chargois inherited a big mess and did nothing to clean it up, or did he make it worse.  In my mind this is the result of Thomas's leadership and Chargois just didn't fix things so they continued to get worse.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.  Of course, as far as the Board is concerned, they for the most part have been here for the duration and are unquestionably at fault!!!!

I suspect that once TEA has taken things over and has full access to the district's records, there will be many things that come forward dating back to long before Timothy Chargois took over as superintendent. However, even if that's the case, Chargois's hands are just as dirty; willful ignorance is tantamount to complicity in this case.

Who said they/we were excited or happy?

It is a serious issue that happened to happen in Beaumont. What I have a hard time understanding is why people who pay taxes in Beaumont are not totally freaking out. Their kids education is on the line. Performing ARTS is on the line. The people of Beaumont are in one hell of a corner and a lot are leaving to other school districts. Did you know HJ was open enrollment but are changing that because of all the students that are applying? What does that mean for Beaumont when the district has less kids?

I also comment about Lumberton being in the news.....if they do something stupid, I will call them out....

I have a question for you......why are you not outraged at this situation?

I am. I'm outrages. I have kids in the district and I'm in the know (at least I consider myself to be). But I'm a Beaumont resident. I talk to many other Beaumont residents and they share my sentiments.

Based on others that I'm seeing here, it just seems that there are people that have no children in the district, or live within the district boundaries are the first ones flying in here. You hear some say 'it's about this kids'. Is that REALLY what "some's" concern is?

I am. I'm outrages. I have kids in the district and I'm in the know (at least I consider myself to be). But I'm a Beaumont resident. I talk to many other Beaumont residents and they share my sentiments.

Based on others that I'm seeing here, it just seems that there are people that have no children in the district, or live within the district boundaries are the first ones flying in here. You hear some say 'it's about this kids'. Is that REALLY what "some's" concern is?

What else would it be? I speak about it because it's in the news and a relevant subject.

Why does the turmoil and drama that goes on in BISD makes people from neighboring districts and towns so excited and happy?

Time and time again our elected leaders and those who in vain work in economic development in our area bring to the forefront that one of the major obstacles to convincing businesses to relocate/open facilities in the area is the state of public education (not the sole reason but no doubt one huge problem).  Businesses would rather open up in Houston and "drive" to this area to do business/service their customers.  Most of our kids will be either "underemployed" if they stay in this area or have to relocate to other areas to get good jobs.  We are not growing in this area while most of the rest of Texas major and smaller metro's are growing.  It is time to wake up and quit turning our heads and fix the problem and get "racial politics" out of the equation so we can prosper.  Otherwise, it will be a slow declining process of perishing!!! 

It's about the kids, tax payer money, economics, business ethics. the communities future and so on. The concerns and effects do not stop at BISD boundary lines. When BISD is in the statewide news daily it does have some residual effect on the SE TX area. The BISD situation also generates high interest from anyone in the educational field. I hope no one is happy about the situation but most are glad to help on the way.

Why does the turmoil and drama that goes on in BISD makes people from neighboring districts and towns so excited and happy?

Corruption is interesting and when many people see what they feel is corruption, it is great to see the monster fall. 

Why were so many people hung up on a jury trial with millions of people being ecstatic at the outcome for a local crime that didn't happen in 49 states? Many felt that Zimmerman was being railroaded and it was great to see the verdict. On the opposite side, many felt that he was guilty of murder and would have jumped with joy with a conviction..... and again, for something that had nothing to do with this most places in this country. 

When we see corrupt public officials (or anyone we think is corrupt) being held accountable, it is awesome. Look at the councilman being arrested in Kountze for felony theft a couple of days ago. There were plenty of comments on the various news sites and Facebook and none seemed favorable to the councilman and said how great it was that he was caught. Most of those comments came from communities that are bigger than Kountze and not even in the same county, so why should we even care?

What all of these have in common is a vindication of people's feelings. It has nothing to do with Beaumont (as much as many Beaumont people want it to be) but the feeling that corrupt people are actually about to pay the piper. 

In my opinion.