Ruling set, BISD takeover will be next Monday

AggiesAreWe

Why does the turmoil and drama that goes on in BISD makes people from neighboring districts and towns so excited and happy?

If you're looking for a direct connection, I have an aunt who taught in BISD and a cousin who currently teaches in BISD. I have two more cousins who are BISD products and several friends and family members who currently live in BISD or went to school at a BISD facility.

But you could take all of that away, and I would still be cheering this on. I would go into further detail, but the points I would make have already been made in this thread. Whether it's the moral gratification of seeing corrupt leadership finally come down that tvc pointed out, or the economic development issues and statewide embarrassment the BISD issue has created that North brought up, or the fact that the first steps towards justice for the BISD students and taxpayers have finally been taken that virtually everyone has brought up at some point, all of those are perfectly legitimate reasons for us to be very, very happy that this takeover is finally occurring. I know I've personally been saying that this would eventually happen for five years now.