Birthright Citizenship Unconstitutional?

smitty

I dont care what they do for me. I am a Christian so its not about me. My money is being used to help other people so II am cool, because I will reap double . Of what I sowed. God takes good care of me. I have everything I want and need. My blessings are overflowing. ...

I have a question. You guys say you want limited federal government intervention. You want power given to the states, if that is the case, it is not Obama's border, it is Perry's. Let the Texas government handle it. What do you guys think?

Except for the fact that when a state tries to enforce immigration laws, Eric Holder and Obama's justice department sues the state over it. So in answer to your question (see how that works), no a state cannot handle it. Besides, since you won't answer the question I have repeatedly asked you, I will answer for you. One of the few legitimate jobs the federal government has is to secure the borders and protect the country militarily.

I have a question. You guys say you want limited federal government intervention. You want power given to the states, if that is the case, it is not Obama's border, it is Perry's. Let the Texas government handle it. What do you guys think?

Yes, limited government is best and the states should have more autonomy but in the status quo, the states have to use the feds to secure the border. They(the fed government) cant pick and choose, a la carte, when the border is their or the states responsibility when things get tough. They need to either stop suing when Perry tries to fix the border or fix it themselves.

There's this little document called the Constitution that you would have to deal with...let the fed gov take care of the borders since it's Constitutional and get them out of the entitlement business.

How about that?

I dont care what they do for me. I am a Christian so its not about me. My money is being used to help other people so II am cool, because I will reap double . Of what I sowed. God takes good care of me. I have everything I want and need. My blessings are overflowing. ...

Well, I for one do not like my tax dollars wasted, because if we can do a better job and it put more money in MY pocket, then I'm all for it....

The private sector would do a much better job.....

Did you know.....

• Total giving to charitable organizations was $335.17 billion in 2013 (about 2% of GDP). This is an increase of 4.4% from 2012. Although this is the fourth straight year that giving has increased, it is still not at the pre-recession level of $349.5 billion seen in 2007.

Just imagine if we were taxed less how much Christian folks like yourself could give.......

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=content.view&cpid=42

In Arizona, they were requiring all Hispanics to carry their birth certificates and they were deeporting American citizens, because they didnt have their birth certificate on them when they were stopped. That was ridiculous.

No they were not! I call nonsense on this. You cannot just make up lies and post it on here to try and cover for why your hero and savior is not doing his job.

No they were not! I call nonsense on this. You cannot just make up lies and post it on here to try and cover for why your hero and savior is not doing his job.

It might not be a true indication of actually "making up lies". Maybe it comes from getting opinions that a person takes as facts from sources such as MSNBC. 

I am sure that all knowledgeable people knew that there was no requirement for a birth certificate and they weren't deporting people. In fact the detention of a suspected illegal alien is still legal under the contested AZ law and the SCOTUS upheld the right of local officers to detain and check for immigration status with the feds. Of course that is a meaningless point at the moment with Obama and Eric Holder running the show as they refuse to uphold the law but the law was allowed to stand. The part of the law that was thrown out was the making of a federal crime, a state crime also. In fact federal law requires aliens to carry documentation to this day. I have arrested aliens for not doing so but was required to call ICE and letting them confirm what I already knew and approving the arrest, which I made. 

Of course that will again fall on deaf ears for those ignoring the truth and it is currently a moot point as the current administration will not even enforce immigration laws even after the local police make a lawful arrest such as for DWI, assault, etc. 

BigGirl -- so why did obama stop the fence from being build on the southern border? 

Smitty, the federal government is inept according to steve nash; therefore, we need limited federal government intervention. ....Let Perry handle his border, also google the "Texas Dream Act". Did perry change his mind as it pertains to immigration? Why is he so hot and bothered now? Hmmm

Smitty, the federal government is inept according to steve nash; therefore, we need limited federal government intervention. ....Let Perry handle his border, also google the "Texas Dream Act". Did perry change his mind as it pertains to immigration? Why is he so hot and bothered now? Hmmm

Bold part true. Basically every department they run is bankrupt.  Right?!  But -- part of the Constitution -- which obama SWORE to uphold -- is to protect Americans domestically and abroad.  An invasion by ILLEGAL people on our border is part of that protection. 

PS -- I'm all for Perry handling the border.  Give him full reign -- and resources -- to call in the National Guard.