3 more Jags commit

Btw, I'm Surprised that Jacquet got that offer... I'm glad that hard work paid off. And just to think... I was told that there were some Central fans that thought he should've been benched last year halfway through the season.

I told you. You gotta listen sometimes. Lol

Btw, I'm Surprised that Jacquet got that offer... I'm glad that hard work paid off. And just to think... I was told that there were some Central fans that thought he should've been benched last year halfway through the season.

He's been working hard this off season. For the Jags to make a serious run, his game has to be on point...

http://m.kfdm.com/article?id=5862056

Evidently, there are some that feel that a celebration isn't in order for a 'verbal commitment'. :rolleyes:

I am one of those who see no sense in a ceremony for verbal commitments.

These players and the schools can change their minds before signing day (which is still 7 months away). Seen it too many times. Then what of the ceremony?

I am happy that these players have the opportunity to play at the next level, but these "ceremonies" are getting a little too much IMO.

These players want to share this moment with their family and friends. They should celebrate that their schooling will be paid for while doing what they love. One of those players never received a single offer until now. So I'm sure he is extra excited to celebrate and he won't go back on his verbal commitment since this is his only one.

This is one man's opinion... Party like a rock star, Jags and any player that made a verbal commitment!

The players and the families should celebrate, but it needent be a made for TV production until signing day. Then its binding and really has meaning. Think Ryan Perrilloux!!!!
The LBJ lines and the picking of the hat has gotten way outta hand.

Congrats to these young men. Some pretty good football programs.

I am one of those who see no sense in a ceremony for verbal commitments.

These players and the schools can change their minds before signing day (which is still 7 months away). Seen it too many times. Then what of the ceremony?

I am happy that these players have the opportunity to play at the next level, but these "ceremonies" are getting a little too much IMO.

If this was three Silsbee players would you be saying the same thing?

Why are you surprised Jacquet got the offer from Utah?

If this was three Silsbee players would you be saying the same thing?

Yep and I wouldn't be attending the "ceremony".

But since you have brought Silsbee into it, tell me when a Silsbee player has had a "ceremony" for just a verbal commit?

The school puts together nice little ceremonies for when the athletes actually sign, but nothing for verbals.

But since you have brought Silsbee into it, tell me when a Silsbee player has had a "ceremony" for just a verbal commit?

The school puts together nice little ceremonies for when the athletes actually sign, but nothing for verbals.

It is hard to fault the kids or Coach Foreman for celebrating.  (1) It gives the players an incentive to play well this season, stay out of trouble and on task, and prove why a verbal commitment during July 2014 should be a binding one in February 2015; and, (2) it gives Coach Foreman a platform to showcase his program.  Maybe an 8th grader or FR or SOPH or JR will see the "ceremony" and come out for football in August.  Coaches are doing whatever they can to advertise and showcase their programs.  They have to compete for talent that may be playing another sport or sitting at home playing video games.  Whatever it takes to get more talent in the program, so be it (so long as it is legal, i.e., within the rules of the UIL).

I think it probably has to do more with whether or not the local media gonna make that trek up there and worth their time  :D