DCTF 22-5A Predictions

I don't really care who they have played with the last two years. just by what I saw in a playoff game with Ned and dawson , I wasn't impressed with Dawson at all. I know it doesn't say much as for a scrimmage, But PNG last year went toe to toe with Texas city and out played them with their D1 RB and WR both going. So no I don't think that their big linemen in the trenches will be overwhelming because of school numbers. But then I could be wrong with them just barely beating the L train last year.

You definitely shouldn't have been impressed with Ned then. The team that beat Dawson was probably their best since '57 while you played an average Dawson team, a team that has played 6 varsity seasons. They've been to the semis twice, quarter finals once, and the third round twice. If ANY 5a team in SETX did that hey would be viewed as the gold standard. Keep in mind that most of their work was done with La Marque, Manvel, Friendswod and TC in the district.

That's the issues with some in SETX in the bigger classifications. There's no perspective. Ned had their best team in decades and Dawson had an average team for their standards. People over here think that even though upstart schools like Manvel, Dawson, SC, and GR among other hit the scene and start dominating that it's a coincidence. Keep in mind that other than a few, in the bigger classifications enrollment is on the decline in SETX while the Houston metro is bursting at the seams with new development and schools which creates an even bigger talent/coaching pool. It's going to be tough sledding in the playoffs against the teams off the north and southwest sides of Houston from here on out IMO.

You definitely shouldn't have been impressed with Ned then. The team that beat Dawson was probably their best since '57 while you played an average Dawson team, a team that has played 6 varsity seasons. They've been to the semis twice, quarter finals once, and the third round twice. If ANY 5a team in SETX did that hey would be viewed as the gold standard. Keep in mind that most of their work was done with La Marque, Manvel, Friendswod and TC in the district.

That's the issues with some in SETX in the bigger classifications. There's no perspective. Ned had their best team in decades and Dawson had an average team for their standards. People over here think that even though upstart schools like Manvel, Dawson, SC, and GR among other hit the scene and start dominating that it's a coincidence. Keep in mind that other than a few, in the bigger classifications enrollment is on the decline in SETX while the Houston metro is bursting at the seams with new development and schools which creates an even bigger talent/coaching pool. It's going to be tough sledding in the playoffs against the teams off the north and southwest sides of Houston from here on out IMO.

An average Dawson team yet they were ranked number 1 that year?? Really cougar??

if you say so, NED handled business against Dawson, who was then a  ranked team that evidently had the big head and got handled, no doubt I was there. They Played some very good football that night. AS for manvel, well we played them also and hung with them too. so what is your point. The way you said it was the likes that Lumberton, vidor and PNG couldn't handle the big men in the trenches. I beg to differ. At the Time we played Manvel they had 5A numbers sort of like Summer creek. But even when they moved up to 5A they still were a force to deal with. All im saying is you are giving to much emphasis on #s. I will take a lesser # ed school that is well conditioned and well prepared any day say west orange. They are tough week in week out with only 28 players, and put some in the pros mainly on Defense. I can see your point as for Teams in Houston having bigtime #s no doubt, but that isn't gonna make them world beaters by no means, just saying

An average Dawson team yet they were ranked number 1 that year?? Really cougar??

They've been ranked #1 on more than one occasion the last 5 years, so yeah, I would say that's an average team for them. Remember, they didn't move up to #1, they were preseason #1 trying to go wire to wire. They had been to the semis 2 of the 3 years before that, those teams were actually better than the one Ned beat that was ranked #1. Like I said, it was an average team for them. Maybe even below average considering half their existence they've either played for or won the region.

If you want another example just watch George Ranch the next couple of years. This is going to be their third year of varsity and they've already played for the region plus they're probably the odds on favorite to win it again. Three years from now we'll probably be saying the GR team Brenham beat was average for them.

They've been ranked #1 on more than one occasion the last 5 years, so yeah, I would say that's an average team for them. Remember, they didn't move up to #1, they were preseason #1 trying to go wire to wire. They had been to the semis 2 of the 3 years before that, those teams were actually better than the one Ned beat that was ranked #1. Like I said, it was an average team for them. Maybe even below average considering half their existence they've either played for or won the region.

If you want another example just watch George Ranch the next couple of years. This is going to be their third year of varsity and they've already played for the region plus they're probably the odds on favorite to win it again. Three years from now we'll probably be saying the GR team Brenham beat was average for them.

So ranked number 1 for the entire year and making it 3 rounds deep is average. Wow cougar. Do you really believe that??

And Ned took out Dawson in the playoffs two years ago, to go to the fourth round something all those D1 prospects at Crosby just dream about.  Also they are 4-0 vs GCM so far.

I guess you're salty about those D1 prospects sending Ned home from the playoffs twice, then making them say uncle. Fact of the matter is that Ned was solid because they had a 4* tackle controlling the middle that wouldn't let offenses get started. All that, "we win as a team" stuff is overrated in today's game. From Reggie Davis at Teneha a couple of years ago to Kyler Murray at Allen now, winning titles in today's game is about finding your horses and riding them.

Doesn't bother me, I guess the reason you keep bringing up Ned because there is nothing else to crow about.  Like all of those D1 players going home in the second round every year.  So you have to keep bringing up non-district wins.  Sounds like Dayton for a couple of years until we sent them home again in the playoffs.  :)

So ranked number 1 for the entire year and making it 3 rounds deep is average. Wow cougar. Do you really believe that??

You're hung up on their preseason ranking. They went to the semis the year before so they got some love in preseason polls. When 13 games is the fewest you've played since your first year of existence and you average 3 playoff wins a year, it actually might be considered below average. I know the guys I work win from PearlNd thought so.

Doesn't bother me, I guess the reason you keep bringing up Ned because there is nothing else to crow about.  Like all of those D1 players going home in the second round every year.  So you have to keep bringing up non-district wins.  Sounds like Dayton for a couple of years until we sent them home again in the playoffs.  :)

Well, at least they get to start the year with another layup before we lose to Marshall or Ridge Point in the second round. It always good to see Ned come to town, they've never beat us on this side of the river.

if you say so, NED handled business against Dawson, who was then a ranked team that evidently had the big head and got handled, no doubt I was there. They Played some very good football that night. AS for manvel, well we played them also and hung with them too. so what is your point. The way you said it was the likes that Lumberton, vidor and PNG couldn't handle the big men in the trenches. I beg to differ. At the Time we played Manvel they had 5A numbers sort of like Summer creek. But even when they moved up to 5A they still were a force to deal with. All im saying is you are giving to much emphasis on #s. I will take a lesser # ed school that is well conditioned and well prepared any day say west orange. They are tough week in week out with only 28 players, and put some in the pros mainly on Defense. I can see your point as for Teams in Houston having bigtime #s no doubt, but that isn't gonna make them world beaters by no means, just saying

WOS can play kids both ways because the majority of the teams they play do the same. Very hard to do on the bigger levels unless that kid is an All-America like Dugat was, or the supporting cast is so good that he can slack somewhere else. The WOS kids also happen to be highly talented. I'm sure Chase Harrell is in just as good of shape as Deionte Thompson, two totally different sets of kids on that team well conditioned or not wouldn't yield the same results. NFL talent usually trumps everything though.

If your schools demographics are the same, the school with more kids usually wins because they have more kids to choose from to make a better team. Every now and then you get a Ty Rollison or a William Cole to level things out but in most cases bigger is better.

After realignment I wonder if Crosby would wanna mosey on over to PA for a nondistrict contest…… I wanna see them 20 d1 prospects battle little ol' Memorial when we drop to 5A in 2016. :)

Well, Memorial has even more prospects than Crosby and they lost to a 4a Central that couldn't get out of the first round and also struggled with a three win Ozen. To top it off they got blown out by Elkins who had even less kids and actually did drop a classification on realignment. Other than solid '10 and '11 seasons where they only lost 6 combined games, there's a lot of sub .500 seasons and first round losses the last decade. And that's playing in the district with only one perennial playoff team. I actually think Crosby would hold their own and even win some against Memorial.

Well, Memorial has even more prospects than Crosby and they lost to a 4a Central that couldn't get out of the first round and also struggled with a three win Ozen. To top it off they got blown out by Elkins who had even less kids and actually did drop a classification on realignment. Other than solid '10 and '11 seasons where they only lost 6 combined games, there's a lot of sub .500 seasons and first round losses the last decade. And that's playing in the district with only one perennial playoff team. I actually think Crosby would hold their own and even win some against Memorial.

I like your confidence even though we would take you guys to the woodshed, actually I think Central would as well, see the thing with both those squads when they get together Cougar14: it doesnt matter about stats and classification, its about the talent level on the field, hence the close games the past two years if you paid attention. Oh BTW: when the last time Ozen beat Memorial? I'll be waiting on your numbers answer sir, im sure you will provide some stats.

Elkins game (if you watched or knew what went on) Memorial turned the ball over way too many times to Elkins in which Elkins capitalized like a good team should, enrollment had nothing to do with that. Nice try though. ;)

And I see you brought up the past in which has no bearing on the future but you go ahead and make yourself feel good chap, like I said: I like the confidence. ha ha. :lol:

I like your confidence even though we would take you guys to the woodshed, actually I think Central would as well, see the thing with both those squads when they get together Cougar14: it doesnt matter about stats and classification, its about the talent level on the field, hence the close games the past two years if you paid attention. Oh BTW: when the last time Ozen beat Memorial? I'll be waiting on your numbers answer sir, im sure you will provide some stats.

Elkins game (if you watched or knew what went on) Memorial turned the ball over way too many times to Elkins in which Elkins capitalized like a good team should, enrollment had nothing to do with that. Nice try though. ;)

And I see you brought up the past in which has no bearing on the future but you go ahead and make yourself feel good chap, like I said: I like the confidence. ha ha. :lol:

Get em buddy.