DCTF 22-5A Predictions

Yea, but Randall probably came in during garbage time... Halfin was about 50% of their offense and made big plays during the flow of the game.

(just playing devils advocate here, y'all)

We all know the reason why Randle didnt get the carries, and that reason jumped ship to Mississippi. ;)

Halfin's numbers could drop a bit this year, but only because he may get fewer carries early in games. Cropper should be healthy this year and should see the field more. I imagine in the first half you'll see more rotation of backs, with a fresh Halfin carying the load in the second half.

Halfin's carries may be lower, but having fresh second half legs could mean better YPC and just as many yards than 2013.

I'd be shocked if Randle didn't come close to leading district in rushing. Sounds like Ozen will feature him this year in a run heavy offense.

Cougar basically the reason they get on him is because he uses stats to base his argument and make his point and you can't base stuff simply off of stats. I use stats to back up a point I'm making. I don't base it solely on stats like he does.

Don't say I use stats to base an argument, say I use them to end arguments which in turn rubs some people the wrong way. I use them the same way you just did which is to try to add perspective or clarity to whatever we're talking about.

A prime example is what y'all are talking about above, Halfin vs Randle. If I say I like Halfin because Randle only averaged over 5 ypc one game this year, the reply is "the stats don't tell the real story". If I say I like Randle because there's like three games where Halfin had like 70 combined carries for less than 150 yards the reply is, " he's a very good back, you don't know what you're talking about."

Another example is when I post a stat about Dayton. If I say they can't run the ball or stop it and that they could struggle this year because of it, the reply is " scoreboard Coug, we don't worry about stats, we only lost to Brenham by one point because of a missed xp." Never mind the fact that Patterson rushed for 237 that game, or the fact that you were even in that position is because Giles got 145, Henderson got 197, Austin got 268, Aston got 240, Williams got 264 and Dayton lost every one of those games except King. Those stats would be irrelevant in an argument with a Bronco fan because all they see is that they lost to the state runner-up by one point at the end of the year.

The stats I post are only useless or negative when they don't agree with what people think which in turn makes people more annoyed when I post a positive stat about Crosby. Usually some idiot responds with something like, "man, Crosby should win state every year then." I don't go off gut feelings like most do, I let the numbers tell me the story. I highly doubt you would want whoever handles your 401 to go off gut feelings, the usage of analytics would be expected.

Halfin's numbers could drop a bit this year, but only because he may get fewer carries early in games. Cropper should be healthy this year and should see the field more. I imagine in the first half you'll see more rotation of backs, with a fresh Halfin carying the load in the second half.

Halfin's carries may be lower, but having fresh second half legs could mean better YPC and just as many yards than 2013.

I'd be shocked if Randle didn't come close to leading district in rushing. Sounds like Ozen will feature him this year in a run heavy offense.

I'm partial to Randle for certain reasons :P 

Make no mistake; Halfin is a stud and deserves all the preseason hype bestowed upon him. I'm a fan because the kid clock's in & out of work. No flash, just does his job with not much being said, yet he balanced that Indian offense.  Our District is tough & hard to predict, so as usual I look forward to another down to the wire race. good luck old 20 4A foes

Hey Soulja, we all really need to get together @ Hamburger depot & introduce ourselves & discuss some football. Let's try to meet before the season starts if possible. I look forward to meeting you guys :huh:

A formal meet and greet. Remember, we've met at a Central basketball game you were scouting...... Eeeerrrrr... Attending...

Just an honest opinion, on Halfin. He doesn't hit the holes hard enough, does too much pitter pat dancing. He would be more dangerous if he just blasted thru . Not harping on him but once he makes up his mind where he is going he can cover some ground quickly. We are lucky to have him there by all means, bu sharing time with Cropper should keep him fresh all thru the game and hopefully keep both of them healthy and injury free. We have had several good RBs the last couple of years. It has to do with the coaching and style of offense Faircloth is Running. It looked like in the allstar game this past week, the running game was churning up some yardage. Was it a jasper Rb that was tearing it up? Why not ask him how he liked the offensive scheme coming from an actual player not from PNG. You could arguably take any RB from another school and with out a doubt have the leading rusher. Take for example Duaphine from Memorial, Bring him to PNG and I would promise you he would have 2500 plus yards in one season. We don't have the biggest are the fastest or the strongest kids out there, but they put in their hard work and with the coaching the offense strives. Not Taking anything away from Halfin or Cropper. They will be successful and so will PNG.

If I had to choose a Rb from Recent say last 6 years, it would be Caleb Harmon, he was a beast, He could finish plays off. legs never stopped churning, and you wouldn't arm tackle him. lol Kid put in a lot of time in the gym and it showed. Think we have another Arvie Kid coming up. I liked watching the oldest run the ball, his legs were like tree trunks, saw  a couple of runs where it took the whole defensive team to take him down. He could move a pile, but was behind a starter and didn't get much game time. He had potential also.

Our defense will be better this year, but the offense is going to be on another level. You will see things you didnt see last year thats for sure.

The offense will need a big year from Triston to perform at another level. Somewhere in the area of 3k passing yards with at least a 2-1 td-int ratio. Dayton is small on the line of scrimmage for a 5a squad which is why they couldn't stop the run or gain traction to run it themselves.

Our district has high enrollment 5a's and those schools have big bodies to spare in the trenches while Dayton tries to play guys both ways. That fact along with those teams also having the personnel to man up McBride might cause the same issues it did last year for Dayton. Dayton had a chance to get this kid named Tyrus Williams who would have played LB and been the best prospect since AJ Dugat but that fell through. Good luck to the Broncos though, and I hope Triston balls except for the Crosby game.

There is also a recent tradition at PNG that the outgoing RB mentors the next in line on how to prepare both mentally and physically to play the position. It started with Wright showing Harmon how to get stronger in the offseason to prepare for the pounding a PNG RB both takes and dishes out. Then Harmon to Burtrand and now Burtrand to Halfin. It's something they take pride in passing on. If you noticed with both Chase and Brant how much stronger they got in the legs each year.