DCTF 22-5A Predictions

Dayton had a chance to get this kid named Tyrus Williams who would have played LB and been the best prospect since AJ Dugat but that fell through. Good luck to the Broncos though, and I hope Triston balls except for the Crosby game.

Uhmm...You insinuating he was recruited? How do you have a "chance to get a kid" at a public school?

Uhmm...You insinuating he was recruited? How do you have a "chance to get a kid" at a public school?

You see it every year, kids move around to live with different parents whether it's because of behavioral issues or something else. You know they would never move because there is a better opportunity to play football. UIL would catch it....right?

He will, dont forget he missed two games last year and still passed for 2215 last year was his 1st year ever at qb, this year we have tons of speed coming back and his decision making will be will be much improved. yeah yeah I know he threw some INts last year but it wont be that way this year.. sit back watch.

The offense will need a big year from Triston to perform at another level. Somewhere in the area of 3k passing yards with at least a 2-1 td-int ratio. Dayton is small on the line of scrimmage for a 5a squad which is why they couldn't stop the run or gain traction to run it themselves.

Our district has high enrollment 5a's and those schools have big bodies to spare in the trenches while Dayton tries to play guys both ways. That fact along with those teams also having the personnel to man up McBride might cause the same issues it did last year for Dayton. Dayton had a chance to get this kid named Tyrus Williams who would have played LB and been the best prospect since AJ Dugat but that fell through. Good luck to the Broncos though, and I hope Triston balls except for the Crosby game.

Best believe McBride isn't the only weapon we have at WR...ask Brenham what happened when they manned up against him!!

Like the confidence you show,claiming the 2014 dist title losing 29 srs off 2 back to back stellar seasons says alot about the program,but a bit of a stretch.Certainly will be tested in pre-season Dayt@Ned Sept 5

63-0 last meeting at Nederland right? 

I can not ever remember Dayton ever having the advantage in any district due to having higher enrollment numbers. Just about everyone has a larger enrollment than us. So Coug your statement about not having the numbers to compete is as usual COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS!

What? Really? When did I say Dayton didn't have the numbers to compete? I said Dayton is smaller on the line for a 5A which why they've had run issues lately and that we play in a high enrollment district. Teams like KP, King, Humble last year gave Dayton trouble because of the big bodies they have in the trenches. GCM is another prime example of what I'm saying when they switch to 22-5a. Talent level a push in most cases they're coming into the district with the highest enrollment and will be playing teams like Ozen, L-Train, PNG, etc. where they have size advantages in the trenches just by nature of more kids. Any advantage can be offset of course, but being a little bigger than guys is a good place to start.

And by the way, Summer Creek didn't have an advantage going 16-0 in our district because they had 2400 kids either. Same for North Shore. Man . . .

( Mayfield) LOL not this year pal we slipped last year, not gonna happen this year

As i see it when you slip you got to hope the other team slip as well. Now as far as this year it won't even matter, no excuses just straight bite marks all over yall  bleeps lol-BULLDOGS NATION

Like the confidence you show,claiming the 2014 dist title losing 29 srs off 2 back to back stellar seasons says alot about the program,but a bit of a stretch.Certainly will be tested in pre-season Dayt@Ned Sept 5

YES I DO-NOW how many of those seniors were starters you must now ask yourself.

What? Really? When did I say Dayton didn't have the numbers to compete? I said Dayton is smaller on the line for a 5A which why they've had run issues lately and that we play in a high enrollment district. Teams like KP, King, Humble last year gave Dayton trouble because of the big bodies they have in the trenches. GCM is another prime example of what I'm saying when they switch to 22-5a. Talent level a push in most cases they're coming into the district with the highest enrollment and will be playing teams like Ozen, L-Train, PNG, etc. where they have size advantages in the trenches just by nature of more kids. Any advantage can be offset of course, but being a little bigger than guys is a good place to start.

And by the way, Summer Creek didn't have an advantage going 16-0 in our district because they had 2400 kids either. Same for North Shore. Man . . .

Welp 3 yr LB coach@SC=Coach Davis now LB Coach@Dayt=+ for Dayt