****Ozen's New Head Coach Is Ishan Rison ****

http://zwire.townnews.biz/site/news.cfm?notn=1&ncdr=1&newsid=17729286&BRD=2287&PAG=461&dept_id=583964&rfi=6

[move]Central offensive coordinator Ishan Rison has been hired as Ozen football head coach.

[/move]

Ishan Rison has worked the last two seasons under Central coach Donald Stowers. The Jaguars reached the playoffs in both of their two seasons at the school.

Rison coached an offense at Central that averaged 346.3 yards and nearly 30 points per game. Central finished in second place in District 22-4A with a 6-1 record. The team lost in the second round of the playoffs with an 8-4 overall record.

Rison was a walk-on football player at Lamar before the school dropped the program. Stowers also played at Lamar, and both players transferred to New Mexico State.

Me too Ozen.  I would guess he at least knows what he's getting into.  I would think he would know better.  ???

Just heard another rumor that Central maybe loosing thier HC too.

I hope he does well i really do. Just wanted to see someone who was a HC for a change.  ::) ::) >:(

"He's going to make that game awfully tough to win," said Stowers, whose Central team reached the playoffs in both of his two years at the school.

With Rison as offensive coordinator, Central averaged 346.3 yards and nearly 30 points per game last season. Central finished in second place in District 22-4A with a 6-1 record. The team lost in the second round of the playoffs with an 8-4 overall record.

Rison worked as an assistant coach at four schools before going to Central. He coached in his hometown of Hallsville for two years, Irving MacArthur for four, Dallas Kimball for one and Arlington Lamar for three. He said he was a runner-up for a head coaching job in Arlington three years ago.

"He does all the little things some coaches might not want to do to provide for the kids and make sure our program is running on all cylinders," Stowers said. "He did a good job for us. I hate to lose him, but I'm glad he got what he wanted. It's what he's been wanting since he got in the business."

Rison was a walk-on offensive lineman at Lamar before the school dropped the program. Stowers also played at Lamar, and both players transferred to New Mexico State.

Former New Mexico State coach Jim Hess said he occasionally talks with Rison and Stowers on the phone and at coaching conventions.

"It didn't surprise me at all (that they became coaches) because they both had an innate knowledge of the game," said Hess, 70, who lives in San Angelo and recently retired as a scout for the Dallas Cowboys. "They seemed to comprehend it a bit better than a lot of other people. They get the big picture, and not just their part of it."

Rison's first game as Central's offensive coordinator in 2005 was against West Brook and in a familiar setting.

"It was at Lamar," he said, recalling that he walked off the field in 1989 with his Lamar teammates - Stowers included - after the football program's final home game.

"We were acquaintances then," Rison said. "But then when we went to New Mexico State, we were roommates and best friends pretty much ever since."

The rest of District 22-4A thanks Beaumont for another great decision. 

Could be. He might be a great coach but some great coaches never make it as a head coach. Beaumont has not had a lot of luck lately of promoting from within the district but maybe this guy can break the mold.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder