obama Breaks Another Law?

smitty

obama released "five Afghan detainees from the military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba."  These are hardened terrorist.

The law "requires the administration to notify Congress before any transfers from Guantanamo are carried out."

5 of the most dangerous taliban commanders are being released!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bergdahl-release-arrangement-could-threaten-the-safety-of-americans-republicans-say/2014/05/31/35e47a2a-e8ff-11e3-afc6-a1dd9407abcf_print.html

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/five-most-dangerous-taliban-commanders-us-custody-released-pow-exchange_794017.html

Smitty, these activities are much too intricate and complicated for the common folk to understand.  We should just accept and not question what happened because we know it will ultimately benefit all of us and will help the world believe that we have abandoned our dismissive and arrogant attitudes.

obama released "five Afghan detainees from the military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba."  These are hardened terrorist.

The law "requires the administration to notify Congress before any transfers from Guantanamo are carried out."

5 of the most dangerous taliban commanders are being released!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bergdahl-release-arrangement-could-threaten-the-safety-of-americans-republicans-say/2014/05/31/35e47a2a-e8ff-11e3-afc6-a1dd9407abcf_print.html

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/five-most-dangerous-taliban-commanders-us-custody-released-pow-exchange_794017.html

What!!!! Dude, I bet you were waving your flag during the Iran /Contra period.... You people kill me 

Who cares if those terrorists got out?.  Once they hear that the current U.S. Policy is to be "nicer" to other countries and that our President has publicly said that this country apologizes for being "arrogant and dismissive", they wont try to harm us any longer.  Kumbaya

Who cares if those terrorists got out?. Once they hear that the current U.S. Policy is to be "nicer" to other countries and that our President has publicly said that this country apologizes for being "arrogant and dismissive", they wont try to harm us any longer. Kumbaya

how would you feel if it were your son that was released

I am very happy that he was released and personally dont care too much what the price was for that release.  Frankly I dont sufficiently understand the other stuff that is being discussed about the trade out, so it is hard for me to offer an opinion on that.    My comment was intended to belittle the new approach that being nice to our enemies enhances our position with them.  It does nothing of the kind.  It simply emboldens them.  ( please note my admission that I dont know enough about some of these things- you might want to consider that position when it comes to economics)

Has anyone given any thought as to what it took to put those guys there? These are NOT common criminals. They are a menace to the world and will kill innocent men, women, and children with no remorse. Obama is an idiot and is making a mockery of our military and intelligence. They should have been executed for crimes against humanity.

Never negotiate with terrorists.

Has anyone given any thought as to what it took to put those guys there? These are NOT common criminals. They are a menace to the world and will kill innocent men, women, and children with no remorse. Obama is an idiot and is making a mockery of our military and intelligence. They should have been executed for crimes against humanity.

Never negotiate with terrorists.

I agree...who gets released next, KSM?