Genghis Grill

You gotta find your combination.... The one youike, BG. I get sausage, chicken, and ham as my protein. Then I get salt and pepper, green onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, dragon square, with a double shot of spiral noodles. I get it every time...

im bout to look at their menu again.

im bout to look at their menu again.

Menu? We don't need no stinking menu!  :D

Yeah, there are a couple of items on the menu but the most common by far and best is to make your own. It is like going through the line at Subway or Freebirds but instead of a build your own sandwich or burrito, you build a grilled (kind of like stir fry but dry grilled on a large plate/grill. 

You pick the meat(s) you want (cubed marinated beef, shredded beef, sausage, ham, pork, chicken, and others), season it with a dozen powdered/granulated flavors (sea salt, pepper, lemon pepper, ginger, garlic, dragon salt, etc.), put in your vegetables from 15 or so to choose from and then pick your flavored sauce(s) to season it with. Give it to the guys/cooks doing the grilling lastly pick the base/bed (they call starch) like spiral pasta, udon noodles, white rice, brown rice, cabbage, fried rice or tortillas (tortillas?). 

You pick from small, regular or large bowls. I get the regular because I know how to really stack up the vegetables. You can fill your bowl with meat but you won't have much room left for the veges. Unless you are just a big time meat eater and ignore vegetables, it is better to go lightly with the meat on your first trip. I see newbies go through the line and get crazy and stack the bowls with meat (like a kid in a candy store), then figure out that they have room for about half a cup of vegetables that when cooked turn into about two tablespoons. Now if you are a meat eater and don't care about vegetables, load that sucker up. 

My favorites are the shredded beef for protein and spiral pasta for the bed. I like all of the sauces but usually pick Honey Soy, Chili Garlic or Ginger Citrus. 

That is a great rundown and great comparisons to other food joints!! Dare I say you have a restaurant crush on Genghis Gill? 

Menu? We don't need no stinking menu!  :D

Yeah, there are a couple of items on the menu but the most common by far and best is to make your own. It is like going through the line at Subway or Freebirds but instead of a build your own sandwich or burrito, you build a grilled (kind of like stir fry but dry grilled on a large plate/grill. 

You pick the meat(s) you want (cubed marinated beef, shredded beef, sausage, ham, pork, chicken, and others), season it with a dozen powdered/granulated flavors (sea salt, pepper, lemon pepper, ginger, garlic, dragon salt, etc.), put in your vegetables from 15 or so to choose from and then pick your flavored sauce(s) to season it with. Give it to the guys/cooks doing the grilling lastly pick the base/bed (they call starch) like spiral pasta, udon noodles, white rice, brown rice, cabbage, fried rice or tortillas (tortillas?). 

You pick from small, regular or large bowls. I get the regular because I know how to really stack up the vegetables. You can fill your bowl with meat but you won't have much room left for the veges. Unless you are just a big time meat eater and ignore vegetables, it is better to go lightly with the meat on your first trip. I see newbies go through the line and get crazy and stack the bowls with meat (like a kid in a candy store), then figure out that they have room for about half a cup of vegetables that when cooked turn into about two tablespoons. Now if you are a meat eater and don't care about vegetables, load that sucker up. 

My favorites are the shredded beef for protein and spiral pasta for the bed. I like all of the sauces but usually pick Honey Soy, Chili Garlic or Ginger Citrus. 

That is a great rundown and great comparisons to other food joints!! Dare I say you have a restaurant crush on Genghis Gill? 

I have the GG card where you can get a free meal after 10 meals bought. So far I have gotten 4 free meals and working on my 5th. 

sHa_thumb2.gif

As much as I eat there, I need one of those cards...

Ask for the GG meal card the next time you go there. You can also go online and register it and they will send you specials. If you do register, you can also look at a record of every time you ate there (date, time, receipt) and how many meals until your next free one. If you go with a friend and he/she doesn't have a card, you can put both meals (or however many) on it. I took my mother and wife and got three meals logged in one setting.