Dayton @ Montgomery 1st gm....

Well, I'm glad I went to the game because I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't.  The Dayton Broncos came to play tonight!  They started it with a 3 run HR, and chased the starting pitcher in the 1st inning while putting up 8 runs.  The Bears seemed completely unnerved after the HR, as they made 5 infield errors tonight.  Every Dayton batter had a hit tonight and all but one scored as well.  Presley Bell was phenomenal as she no-hit the Bears, striking out 12.  Bell faced 16 batters in 5 innings, and only 4 Montgomery hitters could put the ball in play.  The only hitter to reach base did so on a strikeout.

I can't remember the last time Montgomery was run ruled, especially at home.  It will take a drastic turnaround for the Bears to come back and claim this series, but they can do it.  Congrats to Dayton for the decisive win tonight.         

Well, I'm glad I went to the game because I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't.  The Dayton Broncos came to play tonight!  They started it with a 3 run HR, and chased the starting pitcher in the 1st inning while putting up 8 runs.  The Bears seemed completely unnerved after the HR, as they made 5 infield errors tonight.  Every Dayton batter had a hit tonight and all but one scored as well.  Presley Bell was phenomenal as she no-hit the Bears, striking out 12.  Bell faced 16 batters in 5 innings, and only 4 Montgomery hitters could put the ball in play.  The only hitter to reach base did so on a strikeout.

I can't remember the last time Montgomery was run ruled, especially at home.  It will take a drastic turnaround for the Bears to come back and claim this series, but they can do it.  Congrats to Dayton for the decisive win tonight.         

If I didn't know any better I would think Eazy is becoming a 19-4A believer!  Eazy, we are going to grant you a one time reprieve to come over from the "dark side" and join the 19-4A bandwagon...  I will buy you you a BH playoff shirt and save you a seat at all the remaining games this season.

Congrats Dayton, big win!  I am not surprised.  People are underestimating the the level of pitching in 19-4A.

Daytons going to keep doing what they do best & that's play ball regardless of what the critics write or say. There is no way this team is looking past this round. Montgomery is where they're at for a reason & Dayton respects that. These girls feed off of the nay sayers. Like I said in a previous post we have legitimate next level pitchers that haven't gotten their due all year. Here the girls are......winning.

FYI.  There isn't a team in Region 3 that doesn't know who Presley Bell is and what she can do.  Even before last night.

If someone would send Dayton's record to TGCA they would be ranked.  Not a lack of respect, maybe a lack of emails.  :)

Congratulations on big win last night.

I knew Dayton was good, but I didn't expect THAT last night.  This looks like Dayton's best team in awhile.  I doubt coach Rochinski slept much last night.  Her team averaged 10 runs a game in district, and her lowest output was the 5-4 loss to Willis.  In addition, the Bears had not given up more than 6 runs in a district game (which was in a run-rule), so to get hit in the mouth for 8 runs in the 1st inning likely sent them in a daze.  We'll see if Montgomery has an answer or if Dayton gets the knockout tonight.  I won't be there, so keep the updates coming tonight.