BISD STILL STEALING

MAYFIELD

That’s a hard sell for a district in financial trouble. (not to mention the other troubles) Especially since the sup declares a cut back on travel. JMO

I 'm thinking at the time they were cutting back, no one realized a BISD school would make such a journey so deep into playoffs. Everyone was excited

It's his opinion. So one's opinion makes him seem uneducated?

Aren't we all waiting on the outcome of all of this mess? Untill then, these are allegations. If its proven that the expenses were justified, then who will be appearing uneducated? Just saying..

An opinion can be "uneducated".

If stated "in my opinion that High Island basketball team could beat Beaumont Central basketball team" that would be a very "uneducated" opinion. ;)

BISD used 16,000 for Central to go austin. Big freaking deal, seems to me the money was well spent on the kids.

If you look at the documents, the $16,000 didn't just cover the team and coaching staff. There were "others" that had no real business attending the tourney on the school districts dime.

Also, UIL gave team and staff 20 medals but BISD thought it was "necessary" to order 35 more at a cost to the school district.

If you look at the documents, the $16,000 didn't just cover the team and coaching staff. There were "others" that had no real business attending the tourney on the school districts dime.

Also, UIL gave team and staff 20 medals but BISD thought it was "necessary" to order 35 more at a cost to the school district.

I have no problem with that, how is that considered stealing? The money was spent on BISD admins, coaches, teachers and players. BIG DEAL, you act like they were pocketing the money. 15 extra medals BIG DEAL, I'm sure they felt the need to give the medals to people who they felt deserving. You guys are being veryyyyyy petty, I ask again why do some of you care so much?

I really don't have a problem with the medals either. The additional travel just doesn't seem very responsible considering their status.

I think the news media threw out teasers to its listeners. I would think it would be far better investigative reporting to seek answers to why the expenses ranged from $25 (?) to $1,000. Maybe some of the coaches attended a coaching meeting. And media people, I know yall on here reading this stuff to get your ideas  ;)

I have no problem with that, how is that considered stealing? The money was spent on BISD admins, coaches, teachers and players. BIG DEAL, you act like they were pocketing the money. 15 extra medals BIG DEAL, I'm sure they felt the need to give the medals to people who they felt deserving. You guys are being veryyyyyy petty, I ask again why do some of you care so much?

It wasn't 15 extra medals, it was 35 extra medals on top of the 20 given out by UIL. Why on earth would a school need 55 medals for a 19 member basketball team who lost in the semifinals? (btw, I thought that was the real championship game)

Like I said, I have no problem with the district using school money on the team and a couple admins. But if you care to look at who the others were who charged the district for their expenses, it would be excessive particularly with how the district state of business is currently in.

It wasn't 15 extra medals, it was 35 extra medals on top of the 20 given out by UIL. Why on earth would a school need 55 medals for a 19 member basketball team who lost in the semifinals? (btw, I thought that was the real championship game)

Like I said, I have no problem with the district using school money on the team and a couple admins. But if you care to look at who the others were who charged the district for their expenses, it would be excessive particularly with how the district state of business is currently in.

The title of this thread is BISD STILL STEALING MONEY, money was used on students, admins, teachers. All who are apart of BISD, medals were brought for something that was accomplished by a BISD school. BISD is being investigated for stealing money, this is definitely not a case of misuse of funds or stealing. So what if a coach from Ozen was on the trip with them, isn't he a BISD employee? This is an example of the media bias we have been talking about.

Why are the only ones talking don't live in Beaumont, and where ever you are from ? BISD state of business is in much better shape then where you live. I don't know why some of you sit around court side tables doing our season and get on here and talk Sh.. ,Write something crazy
with your reply but you can pm me