How About...

smitty

Here's what will be interesting... Birthers claimed that Obama should not qualify to be president because he didn't satisfy the constitutional requirements based on the "fact" that he wasn't born in the US, and only had one parent that was a US citizen. Now you have Ted Cruz, who follows their ideologies, but it is an ACTUAL fact that he was born out of the country to only one American parent. I'm really curious to see the rationale that will be used to support him by the same people who tried to have Obama removed under what they claimed were the same circumstances.

Was he? What I saw on the presidential requirements was being born in the states, or being born outside of the states to TWO American citizens. He satisfies neither of those criteria. He actually is in the exact same position that the birther conspiracists claimed Obama was in, which was allegedly being born out of the country with only one citizen as a parent. Cruz was born in Canada, and his father was not naturalized as a US citizen until 2005.

The man said himself the "only people that wont tell the truth are the ones that have something to hide"

Waiting to release his birth certificate might be one of the few things Obama has gotten right, as it took attention off of his 1st term failures and in the process made a lot of people on the opposite side look ridiculous.

http://ivn.us/2013/08/13/defining-natural-born-citizen/

You can get different interpretations depending on which expert you go with.

I will agree with you one one thing...anyone that was playing the birther card on Obama had better throw it down on Cruz.

Speaking of hypocrisy...I'm sure the national media will scrutinize Cruz in the same fashion they did Obama over this.

Waiting to release his birth certificate might be one of the few things Obama has gotten right, as it took attention off of his 1st term failures and in the process made a lot of people on the opposite side look ridiculous.

So you applaud him for a political tactic that managed to mask his failures...hmmm.

IMO, the people that looked ridiculous are the gulpers that were fooled by this and voted for him again.

Sadly, the joke is on all of us!

So you applaud him for a political tactic that managed to mask his failures...hmmm.

IMO, the people that looked ridiculous are the gulpers that were fooled by this and voted for him again.

Sadly, the joke is on all of us!

I'm not applauding him, just stating an opinion.  In MY opinion, it was one of the few things that he did that actually helped his cause.  I'd say those that voted for him twice are pretty much on par with those that claimed a conspiracy theory about his location of birth.  neither proved to be particularly intelligent.

Was he? What I saw on the presidential requirements was being born in the states, or being born outside of the states to TWO American citizens. He satisfies neither of those criteria. He actually is in the exact same position that the birther conspiracists claimed Obama was in, which was allegedly being born out of the country with only one citizen as a parent. Cruz was born in Canada, and his father was not naturalized as a US citizen until 2005.

Better go back and read the law.

I'm not applauding him, just stating an opinion.  In MY opinion, it was one of the few things that he did that actually helped his cause.  I'd say those that voted for him twice are pretty much on par with those that claimed a conspiracy theory about his location of birth.  neither proved to be particularly intelligent.

I'd say there were a few more "non-particularly intelligent" folks that voted for Obama than were pushing the birther issue.

every article i've read online, whether from cnn or from the right, has basically said "Ted Cruz can run for president... probably." 

either way, i can't wait to watch the birthers justify their support of him, as his ability to run is certainly on more shaky ground than Obama's, who'm they tried to claim was ineligible. 

Same for me.  I hope Cruz gets the nomination just so I can watch the birthers backtrack.     .

You won't hear a word from them since Cruz is their guy...just like you didn't hear any backtracking from the Bush surveillance critics about Obama expanding the U.S. surveillance program because he is their guy.