How About...

smitty

I'm telling you, moderate is the only chance the GOP has. Jindal would have a slightly better chance than Cruz because he hasn't drawn nearly as much attention to how conservative he is. I don't think a radical like Cruz has any chance at all.

It's interesting that in America that a constitutionalists like Ted Cruz would be deemed a radical.  Trust me, if we were still a constitutional government we would not be in the mess we are in now.  Again -- what is our debt?  And how many are on welfare?  Well, you get my point...

I'll try again...radical in what way?

Radical, as in ultra-conservative? as in the "Radical Right". It's not an insult, just a statement of fact. Those farthest right and left are called radical, and he's so far right he's the face of a movement that formed because the GOP wasn't being radical enough.

Radical, as in ultra-conservative? as in the "Radical Right". It's not an insult, just a statement of fact. Those farthest right and left are called radical, and he's so far right he's the face of a movement that formed because the GOP wasn't being radical enough.

The notion of following the Constitution to the letter, smaller gov so we can have lower taxes...these are radical ideas to many...no wonder we're in trouble.

The Tea Party formed because the Republicans were big gov spenders, just like the Democrats and conservatives no longer had representation...the only thing they wanted out of the elected Republicans was to quit spending more money than the fed gov took in and cut wasteful spending and bloated agencies and programs.

If that is radical (and it is to a progressive liberal) count me in as a radical.

Its easy to assign somebody a label, such as " radical right" but it seems to be difficult to say what one says/does to qualify for that label.  Would you consider the current President to be "radical left"?

Its easy to assign somebody a label, such as " radical right" but it seems to be difficult to say what one says/does to qualify for that label.  Would you consider the current President to be "radical left"?

yes, i would. wouldn't you? radical right is assigned to politicians who are staunchly ultra-conservative. again, i'm not using the term "radical" as an insult.

The notion of following the Constitution to the letter, smaller gov so we can have lower taxes...these are radical ideas to many...no wonder we're in trouble.

The Tea Party formed because the Republicans were big gov spenders, just like the Democrats and conservatives no longer had representation...the only thing they wanted out of the elected Republicans was to quit spending more money than the fed gov took in and cut wasteful spending and bloated agencies and programs.

If that is radical (and it is to a progressive liberal) count me in as a radical.

no doubt you're a radical in today's political climate. it's no insult. it just means you're far-right, and as times change, and things on both sides shift to the center, you'll become more and more radical. it's no more an insult than if i called you an "ultra-conservative".

no doubt you're a radical in today's political climate. it's no insult. it just means you're far-right, and as times change, and things on both sides shift to the center, you'll become more and more radical. it's no more an insult than if i called you an "ultra-conservative".

I won't become more and more radical, the climate will become more and more "progressive" if anything.

Progressive...what a joke!