Is Warren Open?

There are other factors too when it comes to leaving Dville. Warren has some upside and commits to athletics alot more than Dville does. Atleast at the higher levels. 

Higher pay

More Coaches 

doesnt have to do all the field work

doesnt have to coach softball

My son's senior year Coach Babin came to Dville, and I wished he could have come sooner. Coach Babin brought discipline, hard work and a winning attitude that had been missing for quite some time at Dville. No one will work harder or be better prepared than a Coach Babin led team. He will get the most out of his players and have them ready to run through walls for him and that is one of his best assets as a leader and motivator of young men. Good luck Coach Babin in your new job, Warren definitely got a good one. 

My opinion will not be popular, but I think he is taking the easy way out. You make promises to these young men, you start to build a program and try to teach them how to be a man - and then boom when things look rough ahead you bail on them. Oh you say I'll make more money - blah-blah-blah but you'll always have issues to deal with.
I remember Groveton growing up was powerful every year. Their program had stability and a coach that cared about more than "having to stripe a field". You think they had down years as far as athletes go? Yea, but their program carried them through. Those coaches are still out there and surprisedly those programs are successful. I think of Coach Hooks (WO-S), Coach Matthews (Vidor), Coach Williams (Evadale) and you could go on and on.
I have no problem with a young coach making some moves early in their career. Oftentimes you have to move somewhere you don't want to be to get a shot at being the head coach. But eventually it would seem that you would want to settle and put your stamp on a program. This just wreaks to me that when things were about to get tough - he just tucked tail and ran. Don't know the guy, and don't have kids in either district. Again, I know this opinion won't be popular but it's my thoughts on the move.

Chester86 I hear what you are saying the problem is you do not have the right story. People will say he lift for this reason or that one. I am from Deweyville and my kids go there so I will tell you why he left.

It did not have any thing to do with a hard district are him having to paint the field the bottom line is OUR community, NOT every body but as a hole does not support Athletics. He had only a couple of coaches to help him and could not hire any cause there was no openings to put them. In Deweyville when a coach no longer wants to coach he are she does not coach but yet gets to stay and teach when the AD is not happy with A coach for what ever reason they do not coach BUT THEY stay and teach SO YOU HAVE NO PLACE TO HIRE ANY MORE COACHES. That my friends is the biggest reason he lift in my opinion Then there is the money when you do the math and add the hours he putts in to the money he makes he would be lucky to be making minimum Wage Then when the subject was brought up to get him more money, some of the teachers and Principles got pissed off cause in there eyes THE AD should not be making more than them Cause they been there for years THIS HOLE SCHOOL DISTRICT IS PATHETIC.   

It is funny how people can attack a coach for taking a job with better working conditions yet they would do the same thing at the plant if they were given the opportunity. Get a grip! If a coach goes 10-0 one year, he does not get a raise in pay, but if he goes 2-8 the next year he gets fired. Do you blame him for taking a better job? Don't  talk about a lack of loyalty on his part. That is how this dog eat dog world works!!! Loyalty to a school will get you a swift kick in the seat of the pants if you don't  WIN the state championship every year. Don't talk

about a coach not showing loyalty!

Chester86 I hear what you are saying the problem is you do not have the right story. People will say he lift for this reason or that one. I am from Deweyville and my kids go there so I will tell you why he left.
It did not have any thing to do with a hard district are him having to paint the field the bottom line is OUR community, NOT every body but as a hole does not support Athletics. He had only a couple of coaches to help him and could not hire any cause there was no openings to put them. In Deweyville when a coach no longer wants to coach he are she does not coach but yet gets to stay and teach when the AD is not happy with A coach for what ever reason they do not coach BUT THEY stay and teach SO YOU HAVE NO PLACE TO HIRE ANY MORE COACHES. That my friends is the biggest reason he lift in my opinion Then there is the money when you do the math and add the hours he putts in to the money he makes he would be lucky to be making minimum Wage Then when the subject was brought up to get him more money, some of the teachers and Principles got pissed off cause in there eyes THE AD should not be making more than them Cause they been there for years THIS HOLE SCHOOL DISTRICT IS PATHETIC.

+10,000

Don't judge a Warren coach strictly by his record. When you line up week in and week out against Newton, EC, Kirbyville the big number on the left is hard to run up. As long as he can keep the streak alive against Woodville he will be welcomed with open arm :)

Yeah yeah lol I remember the days when Ramsey was there and that one game practit defined their whole season. That has changed a lot now, but I still feel like it's the most important game of the year for both teams (excluding playoff-determining games and playoff games).

4410, you pretty much hit the nail on the head about DV. It's like the school board can't handle success from a sports program. Looks like empty stands after halftime just like before Coach Babin arrived..

I sure hope your wrong. My stepson will be in highschool in a couple years and there is alot of talent in his age group. I would have put them up against any team in the 6th-7th grade pee wee. Even WOS as much as i hate to say it. Lol. I pray that there is a good coach that wants to establish a winning attitude when they make it to HS. There is quite a bit of talent coming Dville's way in the near future. Would be a shame to waste it.