Palin and Romney.....Obama wins/Russia Ukraine issues

5GallonBucket

Anybody remember when Sarah Palin mentioned in 08 that if obama wins russia will cause problems for Ukraine

also i believe Mitt Romney said something very similar in 2012.

the democrats laughed at them.....

whose laughing now....

I posted an excerpt from her speech in the Obama warned Russia thread.

Anybody remember when Sarah Palin mentioned in 08 that if obama wins russia will cause problems for Ukraine

also i believe Mitt Romney said something very similar in 2012.

the democrats laughed at them.....

whose laughing now....

I'll give credit to the right for forseeing that, but not Palin or Romney themselves...

Why not? They both made statements at the time. Could you possibly be letting your personal bias cloud your judgement?

Yes, I could be. But in Palin's case at least, nothing she did before or since leads me to believe that she formulated that prediction herself. My biased assumption is that somebody smart around her told her to say that. But who knows... After all, she could see Russia from her back yard!

Yes, I could be. But in Palin's case at least, nothing she did before or since leads me to believe that she formulated that prediction herself. My biased assumption is that somebody smart around her told her to say that. But who knows... After all, she could see Russia from her back yard!

Wow!!!  That is a very loaded statement that could be appliied to the overwhelming majority of the bozos on the left that inhabit numerous elected offices at this very moment!!  Shall I go down the list????

You are the one who always insists that people do better research before posting stuff. Why don't you investigate "I can see Russia from my backyard" and see what you come up with.

The basis for this line comes from a September 2008 interview with ABC News's Charles Gibson, who asked Palin what insights she had from her state being so close to Russia. She responded: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

I also recall in an exchange with you some years ago how you were concerned with the debt level of the city where Mrs. Palin was mayor- compare that to our current President and let me know how you feel about it.

This is true. As Slate has pointed out, on a clear day, those on the Alaskan island of Little Diomede can see the Russian island of Big Diomede, located across the International Date Line some two and a half miles away. Given that Big Diomede has no permanent population, the amount of foreign policy experience one can gain from staring at it is debatable. But you can see Russian soil while standing in Alaska.

Sarah Palin is a goofball. Anyone unwilling or unable to see that either needs their mental faculties questioned or is letting personal biases cloud their judgment...

And just an opinion here, if McCain hadn't suffered a serious lapse in judgment choosing that ditz, we might not even still be discussing Obama. And I greatly respect John McCain...

Greatly respect him for what...his military service?

I respect him for that also but as far as his political career, he's another squishy moderate that is a poster child for what is wrong in Washington.

And there is no way he would have won the election no matter who he chose.

Lol. A democrat's dream...

Just about any candidate for the Repubs is a Democrats dream because the character assassination machine will manufacture a story and the kool aiders will accept it for face value (  aka- Herman Cains "impropriety" was not acceptable but Bill Clintons was or Harry Reid lying to the public suggesting that Romney had not paid taxes in 10 years)

Just about any candidate for the Repubs is a Democrats dream because the character assassination machine will manufacture a story and the kool aiders will accept it for face value ( aka- Herman Cains "impropriety" was not acceptable but Bill Clintons was or Harry Reid lying to the public suggesting that Romney had not paid taxes in 10 years)

Yes, because Clinton's improprieties were swept under the rug by the "liberal media." They weren't front page stories for months. They weren't talked about during his campaign either. Do you really believe the stuff you say? Smh...

As for Herman Cain, I don't recall the Dems making a decision on his candidacy. Did I miss where he secured the nomination from his party? I realize this is a bigger issue with the radical right - and people are free to make their voting decisions are whatever criteria they choose. But to suggest his fate was determined by the Democrats is disingenuous at best. Perhaps the "kool alders" are voting in the same primary as you are?

Just about any candidate for the Repubs is a Democrats dream because the character assassination machine will manufacture a story and the kool aiders will accept it for face value (  aka- Herman Cains "impropriety" was not acceptable but Bill Clintons was or Harry Reid lying to the public suggesting that Romney had not paid taxes in 10 years)

You talking bout Herman(Clayton Bigsby)Cain!

Nope- this is another Herman Cain- this individual has a masters degree in computer science and was a member of our Naval Armed Forces.  He was so successful working at Burger King that Pillsbury promoted him to Chairman and CEO of Godfathers Pizza.  He also was Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank in Kansas City/Omaha.  He also served on the Board of Directors of several major companies as well as serving as the CEO of the National Restaurant Association.  While I am aware that he does not appeal to some because he does not employ the defiant/militant/hate approach, I still believe the aforementioned items are better leadership ingredients than being a community organizer and spending two years as a senator where "present" was the standard response for most voting activities.

Nope- this is another Herman Cain- this individual has a masters degree in computer science and was a member of our Naval Armed Forces.  He was so successful working at Burger King that Pillsbury promoted him to Chairman and CEO of Godfathers Pizza.  He also was Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank in Kansas City/Omaha.  He also served on the Board of Directors of several major companies as well as serving as the CEO of the National Restaurant Association.  While I am aware that he does not appeal to some because he does not employ the defiant/militant/hate approach, I still believe the aforementioned items are better leadership ingredients than being a community organizer and spending two years as a senator where "present" was the standard response for most voting activities.

Never have understood the hatred for this man...perhaps someone can explain it for me.