Palin and Romney.....Obama wins/Russia Ukraine issues

5GallonBucket

Never have understood the hatred for this man...perhaps someone can explain it for me.

Bottom line is that Mr. Cain, Condi Rice, and Clarence Thomas, among others stand for self sufficiency and personal responsibility and reject the idea (embraced by so many) that any difficulty that they might experience is the fault of someone else.

Never have understood the hatred for this man...perhaps someone can explain it for me.

It is the democratic character assassination machine.  When one is perceived to be a potential threat, they are given a lot of negative publicity (with, of course, a very willing media)and a substantial part of the public accepts it.  As I said before, Monica Lewinsky was a "small, irrelevant, personal indiscretion" while Herman Cain committed a mortal sin ( although I believe, to this day, it has never been substantiated)

Wow!!! That is a very loaded statement that could be appliied to the overwhelming majority of the bozos on the left that inhabit numerous elected offices at this very moment!! Shall I go down the list????

I personally think it's a very loaded statement that could be applied to the bozos on BOTH sides that inhabit numerous elected office at this very moment. Just me though.

I'm not saying what Clinton did was okay, but what Cain was alleged to have done was much worse. A pattern of sexual harassment, including unwanted groping and sexual advances, as well as affairs emerged after he decided to run. So regardless of whether you had a problem with what Clinton did, surely you can see the difference between an affair and sexual harassment bordering on rape.

You are the one who always insists that people do better research before posting stuff. Why don't you investigate "I can see Russia from my backyard" and see what you come up with.

The basis for this line comes from a September 2008 interview with ABC News's Charles Gibson, who asked Palin what insights she had from her state being so close to Russia. She responded: "They're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

I also recall in an exchange with you some years ago how you were concerned with the debt level of the city where Mrs. Palin was mayor- compare that to our current President and let me know how you feel about it.

This is true. As Slate has pointed out, on a clear day, those on the Alaskan island of Little Diomede can see the Russian island of Big Diomede, located across the International Date Line some two and a half miles away. Given that Big Diomede has no permanent population, the amount of foreign policy experience one can gain from staring at it is debatable. But you can see Russian soil while standing in Alaska.

Steve, it was a joke that fit the conversation because Russia was involved. As for the town she ran up the debt as mayor, I'm with you but I'm not with you. I believe I'm on record on this site on many occasions as saying that I'm not happy with how our country is being run financially. But that doesn't change the fact that she had several scandals in her town and ran up lots of debt there. So, no, I'm not happy with Obama's economy, and no, I still wouldn't trust Palin to do any better.

Nope- this is another Herman Cain- this individual has a masters degree in computer science and was a member of our Naval Armed Forces. He was so successful working at Burger King that Pillsbury promoted him to Chairman and CEO of Godfathers Pizza. He also was Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank in Kansas City/Omaha. He also served on the Board of Directors of several major companies as well as serving as the CEO of the National Restaurant Association. While I am aware that he does not appeal to some because he does not employ the defiant/militant/hate approach, I still believe the aforementioned items are better leadership ingredients than being a community organizer and spending two years as a senator where "present" was the standard response for most voting activities.

Do you have any problems with all of his sexual deviancy, including pushing women up against walls and groping them against their wills, as well as his multiple affairs and pattern of sexual harassment? Or should that be ignored because he's a conservative?

I'm not saying what Clinton did was okay, but what Cain was alleged to have done was much worse. A pattern of sexual harassment, including unwanted groping and sexual advances, as well as affairs emerged after he decided to run. So regardless of whether you had a problem with what Clinton did, surely you can see the difference between an affair and sexual harassment bordering on rape.

Alleged...that's the key word...never proven.

And one of his accusers admitted she lived in the same building as David Axelrod...quite a coincidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=252O4I2Vzr8

And I sure am glad you are not saying it's OK for a sitting President to seduce a young intern with his power...many on the left had no problem with it.

I did not say it was okay. Nor did I feel it was okay when newt Gingrich divorced his first wife while she was being treated for cancer, and then cheated on and divorced his second wife after she was diagnosed with mutliple sclerosis. I think both sides turn a blind eye to their side's scandals, while jumping on the other side's. I mean Newt is still a respected politician who had a lot of support for president last go-round, despite his history of sexual impropriety, the first known instance coming WHILE he was leading the charge against Clinton for his relationship against Monica.

Do you have any problems with all of his sexual deviancy, including pushing women up against walls and groping them against their wills, as well as his multiple affairs and pattern of sexual harassment? Or should that be ignored because he's a conservative?

IF my memory is correct, there is little documentation/evidence that these things actually occurred. Didn't seem to have much impact on the Kennedys or the Clintons.

Bullets- You mentioned "several scandals" associated with Mrs. Palin. ARent you glad we didn't elect her because we CERTAINLY have a scandal free Presidency, don't we. Hmmm- wouldn't it be interesting to compare the effects of the "Palin scandals" on that particular town vs the "Obama Scandals on this country? Additionally, I saw where you voiced your concerns about Cains "ALLEGED multiple affairs". Ever hear of Paula Jones and Kathleen Willey, amd Gennifer FLowers?

Bullets- You mentioned "several scandals" associated with Mrs. Palin. ARent you glad we didn't elect her because we CERTAINLY have a scandal free Presidency, don't we. Hmmm- wouldn't it be interesting to compare the effects of the "Palin scandals" on that particular town vs the "Obama Scandals on this country? Additionally, I saw where you voiced your concerns about Cains "ALLEGED multiple affairs". Ever hear of Paula Jones and Kathleen Willey, amd Gennifer FLowers?

. I believe I said two or three times that I wasn't okay with what Clinton did.
I guess affairs only count if its a democrat. And I'd say that Palin did to that town what Obama has done to the country. I don't see how you can look at her record there and still think she would be a good choice, but that's your call.

I notice you didn't have a response to Gingrich's well-documented misdeeds. Does this mean you don't have a problem with what he's done?

Yes , I have a problem with what he has done just as I am sure you have a problem with what John Edwards did.  I also have a problem with the fact that the Gingrich news came about on the eve of the South Carolina primary.

Yes , I have a problem with what he has done just as I am sure you have a problem with what John Edwards did. I also have a problem with the fact that the Gingrich news came about on the eve of the South Carolina primary.

Considering how accountable many conservatives still hold Clinton, surely Newt was unforgiven and unelectable from his first scandal anyway.

A Republican dirtbag and a Democrat dirtbag are equal...or should be, anyway.

Problem is the two partys have different dirtbag scales.

I agree. But I think the different dirtbag scales has much to do with the different ideologies. And when a large pillar of the right's message involves family values and Christianity, it really is important for them to live that lifestyle, especially when they're pushing legislation to enforce those beliefs. It's MY opinion that republicans will always be held to a higher standard in these types of matters because of what they say they stand for. I think in a way people in our country have come to expect political scandals, but they'll still backlash against someone they view as a hypocrite.

bullets, if you want to go tit for tat regarding sexual scandals, I stand ready to accommodate.

I'm sure we could go on forever. What would be the point? I was merely suggesting that while the right still wildly criticizes Clinton, Newt has somehow re-emerged as a respected politician even after cheating on and leaving TWO wives after they were diagnosed with cancer and MS, respectively.

I'm sure we could go on forever. What would be the point? I was merely suggesting that while the right still wildly criticizes Clinton, Newt has somehow re-emerged as a respected politician even after cheating on and leaving TWO wives after they were diagnosed with cancer and MS, respectively.

The point would be showing you that the scandals and improprieties from liberals far outnumber the scandals and improprieties from conservatives...it only makes sense, because many liberals have no clearly defined moral values (and proudly claim it) so you would expect more scandals from them...even though they consider them no big deal many times.

I wouldn't accept Stevenash's challenge either because you probably would not like the results.

I agree. But I think the different dirtbag scales has much to do with the different ideologies. And when a large pillar of the right's message involves family values and Christianity, it really is important for them to live that lifestyle, especially when they're pushing legislation to enforce those beliefs. It's MY opinion that republicans will always be held to a higher standard in these types of matters because of what they say they stand for. I think in a way people in our country have come to expect political scandals, but they'll still backlash against someone they view as a hypocrite.

I have to agree with you on this one.

The point would be showing you that the scandals and improprieties from liberals far outnumber the scandals and improprieties from conservatives...it only makes sense, because many liberals have no clearly defined moral values (and proudly claim it) so you would expect more scandals from them...even though they consider them no big deal many times.

I wouldn't accept Stevenash's challenge either because you probably would not like the results.

The results wouldn't affect me one way or another. I think you're right in your assertion that some things that a certain group would consider "scandalous" would have little or no beating in the eyes of a different group.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_political_sex_scandals_in_the_United_States

This list actually shows more transgressions on the right than the left over the last two decades, although various arguments could be made about the severity of different scandals, what was or was not included in the list, etc. etc. realistically, the list just shows there are plenty of bad people on both sides of the aisle.

Could not agree more...practice what you preach...if you don't you will get hammered.

What puts conservatives at a disadvantage sometimes, is that it is hard to hold someone accountable for something they place little importance on and their constituents are like-minded.

Sometimes I want the Republicans to take the gloves off and go after someone like Lois Lerner and dig up everything you can on them when they pull the kind of mess she did...play by their rules.

And I know they can play hardball too, but they generally don't take the stance of destroy someone at all costs, even if you have to make it up.