Summer Creek LB Dakota Allen

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1424977" timestamp="1376707140"]
Dakota Allen Commits to Texas Tech! Congrats to him and his Family
[/quote]
The amount of pressure that goes into this recruiting process is something you wouldn't understand unless you have been through it. Over months you build a relationship with coaches across the nation and when it comes down to a decision you're going to disappoint someone. All you can do is pray about it and ask God to lead you in the right direction. With that being said I am a proud papa and happy this ordeal is finally over.

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1425008" timestamp="1376710082"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=113400.msg1424977#msg1424977 date=1376707140]
[/quote]
The amount of pressure that goes into this recruiting process is something you wouldn't understand unless you have been through it. Over months you build a relationship with coaches across the nation and when it comes down to a decision you're going to disappoint someone. All you can do is pray about it and ask God to lead you in the right direction. With that being said I am a proud papa and happy this ordeal is finally over.
[/quote]

Kudos, and good luck!

[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=113400.msg1424977#msg1424977 date=1376707140]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Welcome to the family
#boom

[/quote]
[/quote]

+ 1 8)

[quote name="techsan17" post="1425025" timestamp="1376710930"]
[quote author=SCDAWGS link=topic=113400.msg1425008#msg1425008 date=1376710082]
[/quote]
The amount of pressure that goes into this recruiting process is something you wouldn't understand unless you have been through it. Over mon&ths you build a relationship with coaches across the nation and when it comes down to a decision you're going to disappoint someone. All you can do is pray about it and ask God to lead you in the right direction. With that being said I am a proud papa and happy this ordeal is finally over.
[/quote]

Welcome to the family
#boom
[/quote]yup. More will follow.

[quote name="kparkfootball" post="1425453" timestamp="1376861029"]
I know Dakota Allen and he is a very nice young man.  His parents are great people and should be very proud of Dakota which I know they are.

Good Luck to Dakota and his family.
[/quote]

Dakota helped my son out immensely when my son was a freshmen. If Dakota or his family needed anything, I would be the first to step up to help them. They are very high class people.

Good decision by Dakota. Would have been hard to pass on the opportunity to play the Mike at OU and maybe even for a national championship but I said several months ago that the perfect fit for him IMO would be playing inside in a 3-4 scheme and that's the type defense Tech runs. Tech is in desperate need for recruits like Dakota and he should be in the mix as a freshman barring injury. He tested well enough where he should be able to stay on the field in the nickel coverages they're so fond of in the Big 12. Him and kahlee Woods should hold down the middle for a while. Tech had a good D last year but I think it was more staff than talent. Kingsburry is putting together some good classes though as you can see from the one that Dakota's in. Good luck to him, they got a couple more to put in the pen on the South Plains now.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1425528" timestamp="1376876312"]
Good decision by Dakota. Would have been hard to pass on the opportunity to play the Mike at OU and maybe even for a national championship but I said several months ago that the perfect fit for him IMO would be playing inside in a 3-4 scheme and that's the type defense Tech runs. Tech is in desperate need for recruits like Dakota and he should be in the mix as a freshman barring injury. He tested well enough where he should be able to stay on the field in the nickel coverages they're so fond of in the Big 12. Him and kahlee Woods should hold down the middle for a while. Tech had a good D last year but I think it was more staff than talent. Kingsburry is putting together some good classes though as you can see from the one that Dakota's in. Good luck to him, they got a couple more to put in the pen on the South Plains now.
[/quote]
I think OU was trying to recruit Dakota as an OLB, not sure how much that affected his decision but an OLB in a 4-3 is fairly different than an ILB in a 3-4, especially defending against a spread offense.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1425537" timestamp="1376878589"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=113400.msg1425528#msg1425528 date=1376876312]
[/quote]
I think OU was trying to recruit Dakota as an OLB, not sure how much that affected his decision but an OLB in a 4-3 is fairly different than an ILB in a 3-4, especially defending against a spread offense.
[/quote]Dakota is already close to 230 lbs. I doubt they're recruiting a kid that size already to play on the outside. Most teams are going to run a 3-3-5 vs vs the spread on early downs anyway. There's only one Mike at OU vs 2 ILBs in Tech's D. It would be a lot harder to get on the field at OU also which probably figured into his decision. Whitley and Scott are playing on the inside and they're smaller and faster than Dakota. There's just more spots available at Tech.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1425611" timestamp="1376923550"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=113400.msg1425537#msg1425537 date=1376878589]
[/quote]
[/quote]Dakota is already close to 230 lbs. [b]I doubt they're recruiting a kid that size already to play on the outside.[/b] Most teams are going to run a 3-3-5 vs vs the spread on early downs anyway. There's only one Mike at OU vs 2 ILBs in Tech's D. It would be a lot harder to get on the field at OU also which probably figured into his decision. Whitley and Scott are playing on the inside and they're smaller and faster than Dakota. There's just more spots available at Tech.
[/quote]
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1526992

[quote name="aschom78" post="1425710" timestamp="1376937037"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=113400.msg1425611#msg1425611 date=1376923550]
[/quote]
[/quote]Dakota is already close to 230 lbs. [b]I doubt they're recruiting a kid that size already to play on the outside.[/b] Most teams are going to run a 3-3-5 vs vs the spread on early downs anyway. There's only one Mike at OU vs 2 ILBs in Tech's D. It would be a lot harder to get on the field at OU also which probably figured into his decision. Whitley and Scott are playing on the inside and they're smaller and faster than Dakota. There's just more spots available at Tech.
[/quote]
[/quote]That nakes more sense then, good info. It says OU's Mike and Will positions are similar in the Sooner's defensive scheme. I remember OU going 4-2-5 for their nickel like TCU does instead of 3-3-5 like Tech or UT which means he might come off the field. If OU thinks enough of his athleticism to play on the outside that's pretty awesome though.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1425721" timestamp="1376938658"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=113400.msg1425710#msg1425710 date=1376937037]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=113400.msg1425611#msg1425611 date=1376923550]
Good decision by Dakota. Would have been hard to pass on the opportunity to play the Mike at OU and maybe even for a national championship but I said several months ago that the perfect fit for him IMO would be playing inside in a 3-4 scheme and that's the type defense Tech runs. Tech is in desperate need for recruits like Dakota and he should be in the mix as a freshman barring injury. He tested well enough where he should best able to stay on the field in the nickel coverages they're so fond of in the Big 12. Him and kahlee Woods should hold down the middle for a while. Tech had a good D last year but I think it was more staff than talent. Kingsburry is putting together some good classes though as you can see from the one that Dakota's in. Good luck to him, they got a couple more to put in the pen on the South Plains now.
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]That nakes more sense then, good info. It says OU's Mike and Will positions are similar in the Sooner's defensive scheme. I remember OU going 4-2-5 for their nickel like TCU does instead of 3-3-5 like Tech or UT which means he might come off the field. If OU thinks enough of his athleticism to play on the outside that's pretty awesome though.
[/quote]

I agree. That was really good info, and definitely clarifies why Dakota chose Texas Tech. He is thinking ahead, and sees that he will possibly have more playing time at Tech=more time to show the pros what he can do.

Huge pickup for the Red Raiders

I think the staff at Tech had more of an impact than the differences in scheme

[quote] but at Texas Tech it was just all the coaches. I guess it's because they can relate to us. They're younger, you know what I mean? We share the same interests.[/quote]

i love the kids athleticism.  sparq of 106, impressive offer list. 

plus a recruiting win over Patterson is always a good thing

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin