HONEST ANSWER PLEASE (COACH NEUMANN)

Today I heard these 2 guys discussion while I was trying to get season tickets. The discussion was that no matter how good Nederland teams are, Coach Neumann will not put effort in trying to get his players scholarships to any college as they heard from his own mouth. My question is, should a Coach job be also defined with helping the kids get scholarships?

I doubt that anybody heard that. Nederland has a excellent coach in Neuman and I'm sure he does what he can to help his kids get college looks. The biggest problem high school coaches have is a lot of parents feel like their kids have college talent when they don't. Also to answer your question IMO coaches should do what they can to help the kids they coach further their football careers.

Yea alot he was saying as if he just didn't like Coach Neumann, and I know they have one if not the best coaching staff around. And you right parents got to realize, if there kid is good enough he will be called upon. Maybe they were mad we didnt get season tickets lol.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1421962" timestamp="1375825727"]
I doubt that anybody heard that. Nederland has a excellent coach in Neuman and I'm sure he does what he can to help his kids get college looks. [b]The biggest problem high school coaches have is a lot of parents feel like their kids have college talent when they don't.[/b] Also to answer your question IMO coaches should do what they can to help the kids they coach further their football careers.
[/quote]

I agree with the above.  I also think that there is still a philisophical andtechnology gap involving some coaches approach to helping their kids get college rides.  Some old school coaches take the position that if you are good enough scouts will find you, so they dont feel like they have to do as much as some kids and parents expect. I think some coaches still struggle with the technology now available that they can use to help kids.  So, what my look like not helping could be more a matter of not knowing how easy the technology makes it.

Neumann has college recruiters through the Bulldog facilities on a regular basis.  He also has position coaches who are connected and if kids want to go play, and have the ability, they will get their shot.  Nederland just don't have many DeShawn Washington's roll through where big time colleges are actually interested. 

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1421979" timestamp="1375830424"]
Neumann has college recruiters through the Bulldog facilities on a regular basis.  He also has position coaches who are connected and if kids want to go play, and have the ability, they will get their shot.  Nederland just don't have many DeShawn Washington's roll through where big time colleges are actually interested.
[/quote]
  Exactly.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86