Rumor has it Montana Quirante walking on....

[quote name="Gabe" post="1417600" timestamp="1372731636"]
It is not a rumor. Montana reported it in a story I did on him as athlete of the year at The Leader. He will walk on and after talking to him, the chip on his shoulder is huge. A motivated Montana Q is pretty darn scary.
[/quote]
Thanks for posting this Gabe. With all the worthless trash talk in this thread, I almost missed it.  Montana was one of the finest high school athletes I watched play the last couple of years. It will be great to watch him again at the next level. Good luck Montana!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Gabe" post="1417600" timestamp="1372731636"]
It is not a rumor. Montana reported it in a story I did on him as athlete of the year at The Leader. He will walk on and after talking to him, the chip on his shoulder is huge. [b]A motivated Montana Q is pretty darn scary.[/b]
[/quote]

Yes it is... and when get gets in the program he will be able to get even stronger and faster... I look at him as a Dat Ngyuen or a Bill Bates... those two names right there are the type of person MQ looks like on the field and is off the field... no drama just business... all 3 of them have that... "Oh yeah... well tighten up that chin strap ole boy because I'm fixing to ring your bell" attitude.. hahahah

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1417652" timestamp="1372774273"]
[quote author=Gabe link=topic=112772.msg1417600#msg1417600 date=1372731636]
It is not a rumor. Montana reported it in a story I did on him as athlete of the year at The Leader. He will walk on and after talking to him, the chip on his shoulder is huge. [b]A motivated Montana Q is pretty darn scary.[/b]
[/quote]

Yes it is... and when get gets in the program he will be able to get even stronger and faster... I look at him as a Dat Ngyuen or a Bill Bates... those two names right there are the type of person MQ looks like on the field and is off the field... no drama just business... all 3 of them have that... "Oh yeah... well tighten up that chin strap ole boy because I'm fixing to ring your bell" attitude.. hahahah
[/quote]

Another player that comes to mind when watching MQ is Zach Thomas.  It will be interesting to see how big MQ can get in a college program.  He can flat out play football and coaches will figure out where to best use him.  Good luck.

You don't know what the vidor coaches did or didn't do.    For you to suggest that they are at fault is wrong.  Coaches sell their players to every college. Colleges today rely too much on ht instead of ability and heart.  No need to throw blame when you don't know all the facts

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1417750" timestamp="1372801278"]
Happy for Montana, Vidor coaches should have done more for this kid.
[/quote]I agree, this kid should never have to walk on. He should have had a better plan and support system. SFA, SHS and Lamar don't have 22 players better than him. SMH

• 2 weeks later...
Coaches can only do so much in getting a kid recruited.  If you want your kid to be out there and get noticed go to camps and combines, fill out prospect questionnaires, send your highlight video to all the schools the student wants to play for, and use the free recruiting databases to get your name out there.  It is a collaborative effort with the student, parents and then the coaches. Not every school will answer you back but you will get some responses.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder