sept 27 Warren                    home
oct 4 Kirbyville                    away
oct 11 E. Chambers              away
oct 18 Kountze                    home
oct 25 Anahuac                    away
nov 1 Hardin                      home
nov 8 Woodville                  away

I think Newton returns O/D 8-8
Most of the line was sophs and will return and they are bigger and stronger. Both running backs return. Two of the state 400 relay team return, one at running back and one at defensive back will be back next year. Newton should be better next year.

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1412454" timestamp="1370914639"]
I think Newton returns O/D 8-8
Most of the line was sophs and will return and they are bigger and stronger. Both running backs return. Two of the state 400 relay team return, one at running back and one at defensive back will be back next year. Newton should be better next year.
[/quote]

Lost a lot at LB didnt they? Jenkins and crew?

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1412677" timestamp="1371002789"]
Newton shouldn't have a legit challenge until they meet Cameron Yoe again in the State Semis at Bowers or Woodforest this season barring unforeseen injuries IMO.........

They should be pre-season #1
[/quote]
Don't forget about dem Kats!! ;D

A few weeks ago one Newton coach said the scrimmages were the same as last year but reverse on home and away. I was told we scrimmage Silsbee here at Newton. If that is so Newton will be battle tested indeed. As time goes on these schedules are subject to change.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1412677" timestamp="1371002789"]
Newton shouldn't have a legit challenge until they meet Cameron Yoe again in the State Semis at Bowers or Woodforest this season barring unforeseen injuries IMO.........

They should be pre-season #1
[/quote]

You could be right.  Newton was never really challenged throughout region III last year.  I believe Tatum is the only possible team (at this point) that could step up and have something to say about that.  However, they may still be a year away from that. 

Newton Vs. Cameron Yoe could be the game that decides it again.  It is still early, and a lot of things can happen between now and then, but this is how most will have it going into the season. 

[quote name="GATA" post="1413694" timestamp="1371438788"]
YOE-09, WHAT KEY PLAYERS DID YALL LOSE?, I KNOW THE QB AND THAT BULL ON THE D LINE BUT WASENT SURE OF ANYMORE
[/quote]

Actually, the QB was a Jr. last year, so he will be back to lead the offense.  Lost some lineman, but return a lot everywhere else.  You will also see this in TheOldCoach & DCTF Magazines when they come out in a few weeks, but if the Yoemen get quality line play, then this team can go places.  It is still early, so we will see what happens here in a few months when the scrimmages and the season kicks off.  Definitely looking forward to it. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder