Turf Practice fields ? Does it matter?

So why is it that Ozen and Central Played there Spring game at the Butch  and why is it West Brook will play there spring game at durley? Is that a coach choice or a district choice? To me these kids need turf practice fields installed at the schools or alternate practices at the butch , if you play on turf you practice on turf? Unless im wrong but even back in the day if you played on turf you would go practice on turf a few days of the week leading up to the game?  What yall think! Does it matter?

This was actually  coach's choice.  Flannigan didn't want to waste time transferring equipment and players to Da Butch so  he elected to play the game where they practice.

To Me, it really don't matter.  Practice on concrete for all I care.  But, you better be ready come game day.  When the season starts, you will not always play on turf.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1409348" timestamp="1369931444"]
I think right now it doesn't matter. when the season gets here it will help to practice on the type of field you will be playing on(if possible). Unless you have to play in Livingston. ;D
[/quote]Guess where you play this year!! ;D ;D

[quote name="Trocket" post="1409433" timestamp="1369945484"]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=112284.msg1409348#msg1409348 date=1369931444]
I think right now it doesn't matter. when the season gets here it will help to practice on the type of field you will be playing on(if possible). Unless you have to play in Livingston. ;D
[/quote]

LOL no doubt....

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1409385" timestamp="1369937408"]
in 20-4A you have 5 grass fields and 2 turf fields... So I would say your going to have to be versatile and just like Soulja says... [b]be ready come game day...[/b][/quote]So right you are

[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=112284.msg1409348#msg1409348 date=1369931444]
[/quote]
I HATE that trip!!!!!!

hopefully in next realignment they move them back to either 18-4A or 19-4A... they always have a salty team... but that drive is for the birds.... and We only have to make it 1 time every 2 years.... i can only imagine how it is for them 3 and 4 times a year....

[/quote] ;D ;D

If your school can afford turf practice fields, you probably have a pretty nice grass practice field to begin with. Other than that, with the field play turf, I do not see any benefit to practicing on turf over grass. It's not like the old days when the turf fields were like concrete.

One negative is that most schools over-use their practice fields with soccer games. The other is the "crowning" on a grass surface. With today's pass happy offenses, that is not that big a deal either. When the veer and wishbone were popular, that crown for a RB was like a rolling a boulder downhill for alot of schools.

[/quote]
I know. that's why I had to throw that in there. there is no other field like it to prepare for that game on. maybe we could trade fields that week for practice purposes and on Friday morning yall could head back and we will be there waiting. ;D

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1409385" timestamp="1369937408"]
in 20-4A you have 5 grass fields and 2 turf fields... So I would say your going to have to be versatile and just like Soulja says... be ready come game day...
[/quote]It's just the opposite over here. If we didn't have to go to Willis we wouldn't play on grass all year. Other than the New Caney schools and North Forest I can't think of anywhere over here where we play on grass. I wonder why that is? 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder