Manvel OC heading to New Caney

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1416206" timestamp="1372200918"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112159.msg1416205#msg1416205 date=1372200757]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112159.msg1416196#msg1416196 date=1372199592]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112159.msg1416192#msg1416192 date=1372199354]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112159.msg1416188#msg1416188 date=1372199159]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112159.msg1416186#msg1416186 date=1372199053]
MBG, was referring to something posted to me some time back.  From TIGERATTACK ...a Manvel fan.  This post: around page 8 or so: http://www.setxsports.com/site/index.php?topic=106400.105

"It's a lot of 5A teams that would beat the dog censored out of SC right now... I thought Manvel was tough censored last year too & yes we were a great 4A team.  5A is a rude awakening bro... I know, I'm experiencing it now.  [b]Early in the season PAM would have drug Manvel up and down the field. (and I'm a Manvel fan).[/b]
Honestly 5A is a whole different ball game in the trenches.  Playing a teams like NS convinced me of that.  When a team has 2 or 3 different, big and talented lines on both side of the ball to throw at you for 4 quarters, depth immediatedly becomes an issue.  And the average 5A team never quit... never!  LP and PAM has learned how to play against the big schools... Scheme wise, clock wise etc... It's not easy bro.  SC can't beat half the teams that lost in the 1st round of 5A playoffs. ex:  PAM, Pearland, Cy Falls, Lake Travis, Cy Fair, Klein Oak, Spring Dekaney... etc  Manvel would probably be ranked #1 4A without the alignment.  [b]Now we just in the middle of the pack[/b] taking it one game at a time.  It ain't easy.  There's no Yates, Sharpstowns etc... in 5A playoffs."
[/quote]Ever heard of the "sandbagging" concept genius? Probably not since SC cant sandbag yet, they have to win a 2nd round playoff game first.  ;)
[/quote]

Doesn't look like PAM could get out of the FIRST round last year!  [b]Guess you drew tough competition[/b], huh?  I bet there were some 2nd round teams that PAM could have beat soundly.  The luck of the draw.
[/quote] Yes we did, so did SC but the difference is we know we lost to the better team, SC on the otherhand (specifically YOU) still think it was a travesty and outright wrong that yall lost to the better team that was GTown.  ;)
[/quote]

You lost to a middle of the pack team (according to Tigerattack) that moved up from 4A.  That's gotta suck.  One and done. After all that jawing you've been doing.  WOW.  SC lost to a 5A team that moved down.  The're an advantage to moving down from a division that was more competitive.  GT got to prepare for 4A playing 5A teams.  Manvel prepared for 5A by playing 4A teams.  There's a difference.
[/quote]You dumb arse mutt, TIGERATTACK is a KATY fan, SONGONE is a Manvel fan who in fact posted that as "sandbagging"....... Get yours facts straight before you post.
[/quote]Yes I wrote that post... remember it well and stand by my statement.  I mean look at the list first round teams that lost again then do a little research.  Very good teams that competed well all year. Now look at Manvel next two games after defeating PAM.  Struggled with 7-5 Fort Bend Dulles (39-26) and then lost to 9-5 Cy Ranch (43-42).  Competition is a lot better in the 5A playoffs...  The next round can easily be your last.  That was my point. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="songone" post="1416216" timestamp="1372201799"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112159.msg1416206#msg1416206 date=1372200918]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112159.msg1416205#msg1416205 date=1372200757]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112159.msg1416196#msg1416196 date=1372199592]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112159.msg1416192#msg1416192 date=1372199354]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112159.msg1416188#msg1416188 date=1372199159]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112159.msg1416186#msg1416186 date=1372199053]
MBG, was referring to something posted to me some time back.  From TIGERATTACK ...a Manvel fan.  This post: around page 8 or so: http://www.setxsports.com/site/index.php?topic=106400.105

"It's a lot of 5A teams that would beat the dog censored out of SC right now... I thought Manvel was tough censored last year too & yes we were a great 4A team.  5A is a rude awakening bro... I know, I'm experiencing it now.  [b]Early in the season PAM would have drug Manvel up and down the field. (and I'm a Manvel fan).[/b]
Honestly 5A is a whole different ball game in the trenches.  Playing a teams like NS convinced me of that.  When a team has 2 or 3 different, big and talented lines on both side of the ball to throw at you for 4 quarters, depth immediatedly becomes an issue.  And the average 5A team never quit... never!  LP and PAM has learned how to play against the big schools... Scheme wise, clock wise etc... It's not easy bro.  SC can't beat half the teams that lost in the 1st round of 5A playoffs. ex:  PAM, Pearland, Cy Falls, Lake Travis, Cy Fair, Klein Oak, Spring Dekaney... etc  Manvel would probably be ranked #1 4A without the alignment.  [b]Now we just in the middle of the pack[/b] taking it one game at a time.  It ain't easy.  There's no Yates, Sharpstowns etc... in 5A playoffs."
[/quote]Ever heard of the "sandbagging" concept genius? Probably not since SC cant sandbag yet, they have to win a 2nd round playoff game first.  ;)
[/quote]

Doesn't look like PAM could get out of the FIRST round last year!  [b]Guess you drew tough competition[/b], huh?  I bet there were some 2nd round teams that PAM could have beat soundly.  The luck of the draw.
[/quote] Yes we did, so did SC but the difference is we know we lost to the better team, SC on the otherhand (specifically YOU) still think it was a travesty and outright wrong that yall lost to the better team that was GTown.  ;)
[/quote]

You lost to a middle of the pack team (according to Tigerattack) that moved up from 4A.  That's gotta suck.  One and done. After all that jawing you've been doing.  WOW.  SC lost to a 5A team that moved down.  The're an advantage to moving down from a division that was more competitive.  GT got to prepare for 4A playing 5A teams.  Manvel prepared for 5A by playing 4A teams.  There's a difference.
[/quote]You dumb arse mutt, TIGERATTACK is a KATY fan, SONGONE is a Manvel fan who in fact posted that as "sandbagging"....... Get yours facts straight before you post.
[/quote]Yes I wrote that post... remember it well and stand by my statement.  I mean look at the list first round teams that lost again then do a little research.  Very good teams that competed well all year. Now look at Manvel next two games after defeating PAM.  Struggled with 7-5 Fort Bend Dulles (39-26) and then lost to 9-5 Cy Ranch (43-42).  Competition is a lot better in the 5A playoffs...  The next round can easily be your last.  That was my point.
[/quote]Thats correct!  8)

But with that said I still think you have to win the games that counts rather it's close, blowout or coin toss!  It's all about moving to the next week.  Teams play certain systems better than others... EX:  Manvel doesn't matchup well with NS depth.  Pearland tried the same game plan and got smoked by half.  PAM went toe 2 toe with NS and only loss because special teams, but had problems keeping up  with the same Manvel team NS wore down and blew out. I think PAM would have demolished Dulles with speed and would not have overlooked Cy Ranch just based on 21-5A big game experience, leading to a match up with Katy.  Things would have ended that Saturday, but Katy was GREAT!! 
  Manvel, PAM, LaPorte, Cy Schools are very good Region 3 teams and knocking Katy off the mountain is the goal.  I think each of these programs are very good but unfortunately has to face one another early on to reach their destination.  But all are top 5A programs.

[quote name="songone" post="1416220" timestamp="1372203703"]
But with that said I still think you have to win the games that counts rather it's close, blowout or coin toss!  It's all about moving to the next week.  Teams play certain systems better than others... EX:  Manvel doesn't matchup well with NS depth.  Pearland tried the same game plan and got smoked by half.  PAM went toe 2 toe with NS and only loss because special teams, but had problems keeping up  with the same Manvel team NS wore down and blew out. I think PAM would have demolished Dulles with speed and would not have overlooked Cy Ranch just based on 21-5A big game experience, leading to a match up with Katy.  Things would have ended that Saturday, but Katy was GREAT!! 
  Manvel, PAM, LaPorte, Cy Schools are very good Region 3 teams and knocking Katy off the mountain is the goal.  I think each of these programs are very good but unfortunately has to face one another early on to reach their destination.  But all are top 5A programs.
[/quote] [size=14pt]+1[/size]

btw, im glad we didnt play Katy last season lol, they will be young on D this year so one of us (PAM, LP or Manvel) has a legit shot at knocking them off. If Katy is somehow beat in the playoffs in Region 3 this year I think that winner plays for a state title. I have Katy winning state again this yr. JMO

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1416224" timestamp="1372205980"]
[quote author=songone link=topic=112159.msg1416220#msg1416220 date=1372203703]
[/quote] [size=14pt]+1[/size]

btw, im glad we didnt play Katy last season lol, they will be young on D this year so one of us (PAM, LP or Manvel) has a legit shot at knocking them off. If Katy is somehow beat in the playoffs in Region 3 this year I think that winner plays for a state title. I have Katy winning state again this yr. JMO
[/quote]Well I will be there supporting who ever represents Region 3.  Hopefully it'll be my Manvel Mavericks but of course the road will not be easy. These teams are so good and evenly matched... you just have to wait until the clock show zero's.  Of course Katy is the favorites and if things go as usual I'll be there cheering them on like last year.

SONGONE!  Man, so glad you came by.  How exciting was it to see former 4A Manvel beat the brakes off of PAM?  Were they a good warm up to some real competition in round 2?

Agree you gave some legit information in that old post.  I was drunk on the total domination SC had last year.  It was intoxicating. 

Last year's SC team got a good glipse at a 5A O Line and D Line when the played Georgetown.  We got beat up in the trenches and GT basically controlled the line of scrimmage.  I've yet to see more than 1 ...maybe 2 true lineman come through SC, so that's high on my wish list for the future.

Lineman is a must.  As much as I love skill players... once you see teams like Katy, Allen and other trench heavy elites you realize what the battle at the line of scrimmage truly mean.  Man I saw Nederland whip the sh!t out of Dawson at the line of scrimmage last year a Reliant.  On both sides of the ball.  Honestly I think Nederland could have kept it simple and ran the ball down there throats all night.  SC has the athletes to be special again and they are my favorites to win Region 3. Sharp is a Legit Stud and he must put the team on his back if he wants a shot a the State Title.

[quote name="songone" post="1416253" timestamp="1372211916"]
Lineman is a must.  As much as I love skill players... once you see teams like Katy, Allen and other trench heavy elites you realize what the battle at the line of scrimmage truly mean.  Man I saw Nederland whip the sh!t out of Dawson at the line of scrimmage last year a Reliant.  On both sides of the ball.  Honestly I think Nederland could have kept it simple and ran the ball down there throats all night.  SC has the athletes to be special again and they are my favorites to win Region 3. Sharp is a Legit Stud and he must put the team on his back if he wants a shot a the State Title.
[/quote]I think Dawson was a little shell-shocked that NED came out firing on all cylinders early like they did.

Yeah Dawson didn't know what hit them... Nederland had some good skill kids also.  The QB, RB & WR were ball players.  I want to see what they bring this year.  Hopefully I can catch them.  I watch a game every Thurs, Fri and Sat and don't mind traveling.

[quote name="songone" post="1416253" timestamp="1372211916"]
[/quote]

Agree about Sharp.  His time is now.  He needs to elevate the team similar to how Heard led Guyer through State.

[quote name="songone" post="1416266" timestamp="1372215263"]
Yeah Dawson didn't know what hit them... Nederland had some good skill kids also.  The QB, RB & WR were ball players.  I want to see what they bring this year.  Hopefully I can catch them.  I watch a game every Thurs, Fri and Sat and don't mind traveling.
[/quote]

Ned will be lucky to beat Vidor and a couple other teams in their district. 

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1416180" timestamp="1372197586"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112661.msg1416178#msg1416178 date=1372197375]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=112661.msg1416169#msg1416169 date=1372196987]
Galena Park and North Shore are two different schools, they're in the same ISD and play in the same stadium. NS has over 4600 by themselves, Galena Park has less than 2000. NS Mustangs, Galena Park Yellow Jackets. They just call them GP North Shore because that's what school district they're, much like y'all are listed, Humble Atascosita,  Humble SC or Humble Kingwood Park. North Shore is a completely different place than Galena Park.
[/quote]Even with you explaining it to him Cougar14 i doubt that he gets it, he's really THAT delusional.  ;)

[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112661.msg1416172#msg1416172 date=1372197043]
MBG ...was just shocked at Northshore's numbers.  The high school doesn't seem large enough to house that many kids.

Now Manvel ...truly a thing of beauty ...less kids than PAM and beat the brakes off of them.
[/quote]actually at this point in time Manvel may have more kids than PAM, shocking isn't dumbdawgs?  ;) ::)

And that shows what you know about North Shore, they been having an enrollment passed 4,000 students, you need to do your research more then maybe YOU wouldn't be surprised its just one school and not two.  ;)
[/quote]

[b][size=24pt]I focus on my own district[/size][/b], unlike you.
[/quote]

[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112159.msg1416380#msg1416380 date=1372264232]
[quote author=songone link=topic=112159.msg1416266#msg1416266 date=1372215263]
[/quote]

[b][size=14pt]Ned will be lucky to beat Vidor and a couple other teams [size=18pt][u]in their district[/u][/size][/size][/b].
[/quote]

I thought [size=18pt]you[/size] [u][b]said[/b][/u] that [size=18pt]you[/size] [u][b]focus[/b][/u] on [size=18pt]your[/size] [u][b]own district[/b][/u] sir?  ??? ::)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1416409" timestamp="1372267622"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112661.msg1416180#msg1416180 date=1372197586]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112661.msg1416178#msg1416178 date=1372197375]
Galena Park and North Shore are two different schools, they're in the same ISD and play in the same stadium. NS has over 4600 by themselves, Galena Park has less than 2000. NS Mustangs, Galena Park Yellow Jackets. They just call them GP North Shore because that's what school district they're, much like y'all are listed, Humble Atascosita,  Humble SC or Humble Kingwood Park. North Shore is a completely different place than Galena Park.
[/quote]Even with you explaining it to him Cougar14 i doubt that he gets it, he's really THAT delusional.  ;)

[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112661.msg1416172#msg1416172 date=1372197043]
MBG ...was just shocked at Northshore's numbers.  The high school doesn't seem large enough to house that many kids.

Now Manvel ...truly a thing of beauty ...less kids than PAM and beat the brakes off of them.
[/quote]actually at this point in time Manvel may have more kids than PAM, shocking isn't dumbdawgs?  ;) ::)

And that shows what you know about North Shore, they been having an enrollment passed 4,000 students, you need to do your research more then maybe YOU wouldn't be surprised its just one school and not two.  ;)
[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112159.msg1416380#msg1416380 date=1372264232]
[/quote]

[b][size=14pt]Ned will be lucky to beat Vidor and a couple other teams [size=18pt][u]in their district[/u][/size][/size][/b].
[/quote]

I thought [size=18pt]you[/size] [u][b]said[/b][/u] that [size=18pt]you[/size] [u][b]focus[/b][/u] on [size=18pt]your[/size] [u][b]own district[/b][/u] sir?  ??? ::)
[/quote]

:o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1416428" timestamp="1372272730"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112159.msg1416409#msg1416409 date=1372267622]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=112661.msg1416180#msg1416180 date=1372197586]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] I'm just asking a honest question. He did state that he focuses on his own district right?  ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1416449" timestamp="1372276802"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=112159.msg1416428#msg1416428 date=1372272730]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112159.msg1416409#msg1416409 date=1372267622]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] I'm just asking a honest question. He did state that he focuses on his own district right?  ;)
[/quote]

LMAO MBG you have him on the ropes on so many different subjects he was just looking for a way out... Let him breath a little LOL take your foot off his throat for a few mins... I think the loss of blood flow to his brain is causing him to be way more delusional then normal :-D

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1416455" timestamp="1372278113"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=112159.msg1416449#msg1416449 date=1372276802]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=112159.msg1416428#msg1416428 date=1372272730]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

LMAO MBG you have him on the ropes on so many different subjects he was just looking for a way out... Let him breath a little LOL take your foot off his throat for a few mins... I think the loss of blood flow to his brain is causing him to be way more delusional then normal :-D
[/quote]He's providing the ammo to use against him, sorta like Plaxico Burress shooting himself in the foot and getting jail-time for it.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin