Summer Creek Domination? Nederland Domination?

on this post.. who slings the BS the best  

24 members have voted

1. 1. on this post.. who slings the BS the best

• SummerCreek it is!
    • cougar14
    • DemDAWGS!
    • aschom78
    • HUM398
    • Mr. Buddy Garrity
    • who cares ITS FUN UNTIL FOOTBALL STARTS!!!

[quote name="cougar14" post="1412566" timestamp="1370972265"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=111829.msg1412544#msg1412544 date=1370967964]
Lol.  You played them when they were absent a senior class...and brand spanking new.  It takes 10 years or so for a program to get its footing (most, not all)

Comparing what you did to Atascocita back when it started and what it is now, is not only irrational its unfair.    You beat a JV program the first year, and the second game was closer....as i recall it was 21-14 at the half, with a final of 35-21.  Again this was a 2nd year program that was primarily filled with juniors as the starters (Because they split and directly went to varsity with 9-11, all viable juniors for varsity...played for Humble.  At the time, if you were on a varsity squad, you did not have to transfer with your class to Atascocita).

Atascocita was plagued with an incompetent Head coach for the first 6 years of its existence.  They produced what you would expect a Colbert team to produce.    Anyone familiar with Colbert will tell you that the man was more a determent to development of game plans then a contributor.
[/quote]AHS is 26-25 since they've had seniors. Have only won more than 5 games once. All you do is make excuses for why Humble ISD has so much talent but can't win games other than SC. I don't care how unsetteled the area is, if you have talent you should average more than 4 wins a season which Atascosita does. Humble high will only win 2 district games again this year but i guess the area is growing or the program doesn't have its footing? I guess opening SC ruined every football team in the district?
[/quote]

recognizing problems is not making excuses, it is viable and logical explanation.  Look at Humble before the splits, they were a Top 7-8 5A R3 team most years... Nationally ranked twice in the 10 year prior, and consistently in the top 25 state wide.    what changed?  Splitting the school in half in 2006, then taking 1/3  out in 2009 for SC.  The Second hurt worst then the first due to the unacceptable rating and the gutting of our 2012 and 2013 depth and losing kids like Sharp and Dakota Allen to transfers.  The loss of Sharp alone was devastating.  Humble with Sharp is every bit as good as SC if not better.  Sharp makes that offense run like it does for SC, without him...they can't run that offense.  They revert back to Coach Ford's general fascination with the old North Shore offense....bland and safe.  Sharp allows you to do so much, and that kids football IQ is off the charts for the High School level.  Watch the film, this kid is asked to make reads that you don't typically expect HS QB's to make.  Kid is really special.    Kids like Sharp don't come along in an area very often. 

Humble will win more then 2 games, and will be improving a lot over the next 2 years.  It won't be long before we are back in 5a(6a)

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="aschom78" post="1412574" timestamp="1370973482"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111829.msg1412566#msg1412566 date=1370972265]
Lol.  You played them when they were absent a senior class...and brand spanking new.  It takes 10 years or so for a program to get its footing (most, not all)

Comparing what you did to Atascocita back when it started and what it is now, is not only irrational its unfair.    You beat a JV program the first year, and the second game was closer....as i recall it was 21-14 at the half, with a final of 35-21.  Again this was a 2nd year program that was primarily filled with juniors as the starters (Because they split and directly went to varsity with 9-11, all viable juniors for varsity...played for Humble.  At the time, if you were on a varsity squad, you did not have to transfer with your class to Atascocita).

Atascocita was plagued with an incompetent Head coach for the first 6 years of its existence.  They produced what you would expect a Colbert team to produce.    Anyone familiar with Colbert will tell you that the man was more a determent to development of game plans then a contributor.
[/quote]AHS is 26-25 since they've had seniors. Have only won more than 5 games once. All you do is make excuses for why Humble ISD has so much talent but can't win games other than SC. I don't care how unsetteled the area is, if you have talent you should average more than 4 wins a season which Atascosita does. Humble high will only win 2 district games again this year but i guess the area is growing or the program doesn't have its footing? [B]I guess opening SC ruined every football team in the district?[/B]
[/quote]
Not necessarily true. I'd say all the Humble isd schools are pretty close talent wise (I'd actually argue that AHS has a bit more to work with than SC). Humble, AHS, and KHS are adjusting to coaching changes, which IMO the first two are getting better coaches then they had before. I don't mean any disrespect when I say this, but coach Colbert and his staff was extremely apathetic, at least at Atascocita. I haven't seen that entire team anywhere near as fired up prior to the 2012 season, believe me, I've watched their games since year 1.
[/quote]

I agree.  AHS and Humble both got huge improvements.  I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Coach West, but i know Coach Stump...and he is a game changer.

[quote name="HUM398" post="1412614" timestamp="1370977895"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111829.msg1412566#msg1412566 date=1370972265]

[/quote]AHS is 26-25 since they've had seniors. Have only won more than 5 games once. All you do is make excuses for why Humble ISD has so much talent but can't win games other than SC. I don't care how unsetteled the area is, if you have talent you should average more than 4 wins a season which Atascosita does. Humble high will only win 2 district games again this year but i guess the area is growing or the program doesn't have its footing? I guess opening SC ruined every football team in the district?
[/quote]

recognizing problems is not making excuses, it is viable and logical explanation.  Look at Humble before the splits, they were a Top 7-8 5A R3 team most years... Nationally ranked twice in the 10 year prior, and consistently in the top 25 state wide.    what changed?  Splitting the school in half in 2006, then taking 1/3  out in 2009 for SC.  The Second hurt worst then the first due to the unacceptable rating and the gutting of our 2012 and 2013 depth and losing kids like Sharp and Dakota Allen to transfers.  The loss of Sharp alone was devastating.  Humble with Sharp is every bit as good as SC if not better.  Sharp makes that offense run like it does for SC, without him...they can't run that offense.  They revert back to Coach Ford's general fascination with the old North Shore offense....bland and safe.  Sharp allows you to do so much, and that kids football IQ is off the charts for the High School level.  Watch the film, this kid is asked to make reads that you don't typically expect HS QB's to make.  Kid is really special.    Kids like Sharp don't come along in an area very often. 

Humble will win more then 2 games, and will be improving a lot over the next 2 years.  It won't be long before we are back in 5a(6a)
[/quote]If Sharp played for humble they wouldn't have scored 46 more points than they on us. Conversely i don't think that SC would have only won the two district games humble did if sharp wasn't there. Get out of the past, the only reason humble was a top team in the region because other than NS and Westfield maybe they had the highest enrollment. Same reason NS, Skyline, Allen and Westfield are always good, they just have more people than everybody else. The times you're talking about humble being good was the same time when they had one of the largest enrollment in the state. Cut that to a still above average 4a enrollment and y'all aren't even competitive. Much like north forest, your athletes look good but they may need to change districts to be relevant agian.

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1412804" timestamp="1371058214"]
Rumor has it that Aaron Sharp has decided to pick between Utah and Kansas State to commit to.Could it be a package deal with Aaron Sharp and Dakota Allen going together to Kansas State.It would not surprise me
[/quote]
Im really frustrated that coach Applewhite is refusing to look at Sharp as a possible Qb like they did for Overstreet, I think Texas is making a huge mistake considering how much Sharp likes Texas.

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1412804" timestamp="1371058214"]
Rumor has it that Aaron Sharp has decided to pick between Utah and Kansas State to commit to.Could it be a package deal with Aaron Sharp and Dakota Allen going together to Kansas State.It would not surprise me
[/quote]
;)

[quote name="aschom78" post="1412823" timestamp="1371060524"]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1412804#msg1412804 date=1371058214]
[/quote]
Im really frustrated that coach Applewhite is refusing to look at Sharp as a possible Qb like they did for Overstreet, I think Texas is making a huge mistake considering how much Sharp likes Texas.
[/quote]Aaron is dealing with the same thing as Johnny Football. He wants to be a Longhorn but they already have a commitment from the top qb in the state and in my opinion from watching the film the 2nd best dual threat in the country behind deshawn watson. Sharp plays the game well from the head up and moves well but he's a little thin and arm strength could be an issue in a vertical passing game. He runs well and is fast but he's not a natural runner like Heard who rushed and passed for over 2000 yards. Heard also has a cannon attached to his shoulder where Sharp's strength is accuracy instead. If he's worried about committing to Baylor because of Randall Cunningham who has never even thrown for a 1000 yards he'll really be looking over his shoulder because UT is usually going to get the best qb that stays in-state. Over street was never going to play qb either, they just didn't want him to go to Michigan so they told him he would get a shot. Connor Brewer was the number one qb in the country before the all American game and will never take a snap at Texas.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1412848" timestamp="1371065957"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=111829.msg1412823#msg1412823 date=1371060524]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1412804#msg1412804 date=1371058214]
[/quote]
[/quote]Aaron is dealing with the same thing as Johnny Football. He wants to be a Longhorn but they already have a commitment from the top qb in the state and in my opinion from watching the film the 2nd best dual threat in the country behind deshawn watson. Sharp plays the game well from the head up and moves well but he's a little thin and arm strength could be an issue in a vertical passing game. He runs well and is fast but he's not a natural runner like Heard who rushed and passed for over 2000 yards. Heard also has a cannon attached to his shoulder where Sharp's strength is accuracy instead. If he's worried about committing to Baylor because of Randall Cunningham who has never even thrown for a 1000 yards he'll really be looking over his shoulder because UT is usually going to get the best qb that stays in-stat. Over street was never going to play qb either, they just didn't want him to go to Michigan so they told him he would get a shot. Connor Brewer was the number one qb in the country before the all American game and will never take a snap at Texas.
[/quote]
I understand all that. But Sharp deserves that same chance they gave Overstreet in my opinion. The only reason I can think of that they aren't recruiting him at Qb is because they have a lot of Qb's on the roster. I know Texas really likes him as an athlete so why not find a way to get him on the team? Sharp supposedly isnt against playing a different position if he doesn't make it as a Qb.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1412856" timestamp="1371066974"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111829.msg1412848#msg1412848 date=1371065957]
[/quote]
[/quote]Aaron is dealing with the same thing as Johnny Football. He wants to be a Longhorn but they already have a commitment from the top qb in the state and in my opinion from watching the film the 2nd best dual threat in the country behind deshawn watson. Sharp plays the game well from the head up and moves well but he's a little thin and arm strength could be an issue in a vertical passing game. He runs well and is fast but he's not a natural runner like Heard who rushed and passed for over 2000 yards. Heard also has a cannon attached to his shoulder where Sharp's strength is accuracy instead. If he's worried about committing to Baylor because of Randall Cunningham who has never even thrown for a 1000 yards he'll really be looking over his shoulder because UT is usually going to get the best qb that stays in-stat. Over street was never going to play qb either, they just didn't want him to go to Michigan so they told him he would get a shot. Connor Brewer was the number one qb in the country before the all American game and will never take a snap at Texas.
[/quote]
I understand all that. But Sharp deserves that same chance they gave Overstreet in my opinion. The only reason I can think of that they aren't recruiting him at Qb is because they have a lot of Qb's on the roster. I know Texas really likes him as an athlete so why not find a way to get him on the team? Sharp supposedly isnt against playing a different position if he doesn't make it as a Qb.
[/quote]

Will agree with Cougar14 in that Sharp is on the thin side.  He reminds me of a Randall Cunningham of the Philadelphia Eaglels.  Similar builds, but Randall fo sho had a canon on him and he was accurate AND he could run (the original dual threat QB IMO).  I'd be worried about Aaron taking a full on hit from a D1 monster.  He could definitely stand to bulk up.  I'd highly recommend a personal trainer (Athletic Republic in Atascocita is an excellent spot).

That aside, I was betting on him choosing Baylor.  Regardless, its nice to have options. 

[/quote]
[/quote]Aaron is dealing with the same thing as Johnny Football. He wants to be a Longhorn but they already have a commitment from the top qb in the state and in my opinion from watching the film the 2nd best dual threat in the country behind deshawn watson. Sharp plays the game well from the head up and moves well but he's a little thin and arm strength could be an issue in a vertical passing game. He runs well and is fast but he's not a natural runner like Heard who rushed and passed for over 2000 yards. Heard also has a cannon attached to his shoulder where Sharp's strength is accuracy instead. If he's worried about committing to Baylor because of Randall Cunningham who has never even thrown for a 1000 yards he'll really be looking over his shoulder because UT is usually going to get the best qb that stays in-stat. Over street was never going to play qb either, they just didn't want him to go to Michigan so they told him he would get a shot. [b]Connor Brewer was the number one qb in the country before the all American game and will never take a snap at Texas.[/b]
[/quote]Connor lost his shot after he got arrested  ;)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1412874" timestamp="1371070737"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1412872#msg1412872 date=1371070542]
Did you snitch on him Buddy?  You seem to be playing the Po-lease lately.
[/quote] You seem to be posting under 2 accounts on this board lately if you really wanna go there WinningAtSC/DEMDAWGS.  ;)
[/quote]

I AM NOT!!!  How can I prove this once and for all?  I have ONE screen name ...and a darn good one at that.  DemDawgs! has thousands of fans here.  I have no need to hide.  I have no idea who WinningSC is ...and I'd wish he/she would help clear this up.  You can check my account sir.

If I were to set up an alias ...it would be BuddyGarritysSecretLover ....oooooops!

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1412878" timestamp="1371070968"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111829.msg1412874#msg1412874 date=1371070737]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1412872#msg1412872 date=1371070542]
[/quote] You seem to be posting under 2 accounts on this board lately if you really wanna go there WinningAtSC/DEMDAWGS.  ;)
[/quote]

I AM NOT!!!  How can I prove this once and for all?  I have ONE screen name ...and a darn good one at that.  DemDawgs! has thousands of fans here.  I have no need to hide.  I have no idea who WinningSC is ...and I'd wish he/she would help clear this up.  You can check my account sir.

If I were to set up an alias ...it would be BuddyGarritysSecretLover ....oooooops!
[/quote] ::)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1412870" timestamp="1371070321"]
[/quote]
[/quote]Aaron is dealing with the same thing as Johnny Football. He wants to be a Longhorn but they already have a commitment from the top qb in the state and in my opinion from watching the film the 2nd best dual threat in the country behind deshawn watson. Sharp plays the game well from the head up and moves well but he's a little thin and arm strength could be an issue in a vertical passing game. He runs well and is fast but he's not a natural runner like Heard who rushed and passed for over 2000 yards. Heard also has a cannon attached to his shoulder where Sharp's strength is accuracy instead. If he's worried about committing to Baylor because of Randall Cunningham who has never even thrown for a 1000 yards he'll really be looking over his shoulder because UT is usually going to get the best qb that stays in-stat. Over street was never going to play qb either, they just didn't want him to go to Michigan so they told him he would get a shot. [b]Connor Brewer was the number one qb in the country before the all American game and will never take a snap at Texas.[/b]
[/quote]Brewer lost his shot when he went to the all-american game and couldn't throw the ball 40 yards down the field. Tyrone Swoopes moved him further down the depth chart. Kyle Allen who A&M just got is the same way, west coast Arizona guy who plays the equivalent of 3a and has designated reads. My cousin, Kenny Vaccaro and Alex Okafor all got arrested and didn't miss a game. Brewer played in what i consider an SC-like super spread and piled up good numbers but it was more system than player. I think UT is flat out loaded with Swoopes and Heard. I see wanting a look but why not go where you're wanted instead?

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1412878" timestamp="1371070968"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111829.msg1412874#msg1412874 date=1371070737]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Smh you just don't get it dude. IP addresses don't lie.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1412894" timestamp="1371073886"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111829.msg1412870#msg1412870 date=1371070321]
[/quote]
[/quote]Brewer lost his shot when he went to the all-american game and couldn't throw the ball 40 yards down the field. Tyrone Swoopes moved him further down the depth chart. Kyle Allen who A&M just got is the same way, west coast Arizona guy who plays the equivalent of 3a and has designated reads. My cousin, Kenny Vaccaro and Alex Okafor all got arrested and didn't miss a game. Brewer played in what i consider an SC-like super spread and piled up good numbers but it was more system than player. I think UT is flat out loaded with Swoopes and Heard. I see wanting a look but why not go where you're wanted instead?
[/quote]
From what I've read it seems like they do really want Sharp, just not at Qb. Same thing at Baylor.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1412894" timestamp="1371073886"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111829.msg1412870#msg1412870 date=1371070321]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Its no secret that Brewer was 100% a Harsin pick, and he had to sell Mack on him.  I don't think the kid ever had a shot at starting.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1412896" timestamp="1371074241"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111829.msg1412894#msg1412894 date=1371073886]
[/quote]
[/quote]
From what I've read it seems like they do really want Sharp, just not at Qb. Same thing at Baylor.
[/quote]

They don't offer unless they want you (Texas).  And i think they would give him a shot, they just aren't going to announce it to scare away what is a higher prospect on their board.   

on Film i notice a couple of things difference, but two clear facets that makes Heard more appealing to keep then Sharp.

1. The ability for Heard to make plays with his legs.
2. The level of competition that Heard has played.

I honestly believe Sharp is every bit as good as Heard, but for applewhite he wants a guy that looks more like Young then Geno Smith.  He would love to have them both, however if he had to choose.... well its evident he is going with Heard.    They want Sharp as an athlete, and i am willing to bet they would let him try out at QB.  But they won't risk Heard by offering him as such.  They believe Heard is a game changer for them, much like Young.  I think its a mistake, i hate when Texas takes 1 QB per class.    I think Swoopes looks like a bust, i hope i am dead wrong about that.  Kid sure does have a rocket for an arm though.

[quote name="HUM398" post="1412902" timestamp="1371078982"]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=111829.msg1412896#msg1412896 date=1371074241]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

They don't offer unless they want you (Texas).  And i think they would give him a shot, they just aren't going to announce it to scare away what is a higher prospect on their board.   

on Film i notice a couple of things difference, but two clear facets that makes Heard more appealing to keep then Sharp.

I honestly believe Sharp is every bit as good as Heard, but for applewhite he wants a guy that looks more like Young then Geno Smith.  He would love to have them both, however if he had to choose.... well its evident he is going with Heard.    They want Sharp as an athlete, and i am willing to bet they would let him try out at QB.  But they won't risk Heard by offering him as such.  They believe Heard is a game changer for them, much like Young.  I think its a mistake, i hate when Texas takes 1 QB per class.    I think Swoopes looks like a bust, i hope i am dead wrong about that.  Kid sure does have a rocket for an arm though.
[/quote]
You think they would scare off Heard if they offered Sharp as a Qb? I'm not so sure about that, I would guess that Heard would have more confidence in himself than that. Besides if I were Heard I would want Sharp on the team, not only as competition at Qb but as a potential weapon to throw to in the future.

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1412905" timestamp="1371082406"]
Besides sharp,are there any other SC players that UT or Baylor or any big-time program would look at for their programs in the near future 2014-2016.Summer Creek has some real good athletes that can maybe play big-time football somewhere
[/quote]
Man you really are casting that bait hard aren't you lol.

[quote name="aschom78" post="1412904" timestamp="1371082231"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=111829.msg1412902#msg1412902 date=1371078982]
[quote author=aschom78 link=topic=111829.msg1412896#msg1412896 date=1371074241]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
You think they would scare off Heard if they offered Sharp as a Qb? I'm not so sure about that, I would guess that Heard would have more confidence in himself than that. Besides if I were Heard I would want Sharp on the team, not only as competition at Qb but as a potential weapon to throw to in the future.
[/quote]

They would offer both of them if they could.  Harsin and Mack probably told him that he would be the only QB prospect in that class.  They have a history of doing that.  Gilbert is a perfect example.

Its no so much that he is scared, as that he was brought on under the impression he would be the only guy.  Most schools will take two QB's in a single class, the only logical explanation is that Heard was told he would be it.  brining Sharp on would be going back on your word, and that can be used against you in recruiting.

Is Sharp worth the risk.  That is what they are thinking.  Is the difference wide enough to where we can't afford to miss out on him? In my opinion, they determined no.  As a QB Sharp is undeniable talented....as anything else, you can probably find a Kid just like him at WR...not to mention Sharp wants to play QB not WR.  Sharps dynamic is that he plays QB...the Ath offer was to work around committing to Sharp as QB and telling Heard they no longer believe in him like they use to.    Why else would they offer a kid that has never played anything other then QB for any considerable time?  its pretty simple, they are telling him he is good enough to get an offer...but not worth the position commitment or risk that is carried by offering him when Heard was told he would be the guy.

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1412905" timestamp="1371082406"]
Besides sharp,are there any other SC players that UT or Baylor or any big-time program would look at for their programs in the near future 2014-2016.Summer Creek has some real good athletes that can maybe play big-time football somewhere
[/quote]

too early to tell, but i don't see anyone of Flagship caliber (UT,A&M) on the roster.  Doesn't mean they won't develop into good prospects later on.

I honestly see a lot of solid d2 or d1-aa kids in the 2014 class.  around 8 or so other then Allen and Sharp (obviously d1 kids).  Torrey Johnson looks like he could potentially pick a lower level D1 offer.  other than that, its way to early to tell

[/quote]
[/quote]Aaron is dealing with the same thing as Johnny Football. He wants to be a Longhorn but they already have a commitment from the top qb in the state and in my opinion from watching the film the 2nd best dual threat in the country behind deshawn watson. Sharp plays the game well from the head up and moves well but he's a little thin and arm strength could be an issue in a vertical passing game. He runs well and is fast [b]but he's not a natural runner[/b] like Heard who rushed and passed for over 2000 yards. Heard also has a cannon attached to his shoulder where Sharp's strength is accuracy instead. If he's worried about committing to Baylor because of Randall Cunningham who has never even thrown for a 1000 yards he'll really be looking over his shoulder because UT is usually going to get the best qb that stays in-state. Over street was never going to play qb either, they just didn't want him to go to Michigan so they told him he would get a shot. Connor Brewer was the number one qb in the country before the all American game and will never take a snap at Texas.
[/quote]

Correct. He is not a natural runner, and that's by choice I believe....I'm hearing Baylor doesn't want Sharp as QB because they want Randall Cunningham....and IMO I don't know what film you watched, but Heard is not #2, he has an arm but not consistently accurate .....Brandon Harris is wayyyy better than Heard

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder