Summer Creek Domination? Nederland Domination?

on this post.. who slings the BS the best  

24 members have voted

1. 1. on this post.. who slings the BS the best

• SummerCreek it is!
    • cougar14
    • DemDAWGS!
    • aschom78
    • HUM398
    • Mr. Buddy Garrity
    • who cares ITS FUN UNTIL FOOTBALL STARTS!!!

Who has the best chance of knocking either of these juggernauts off?

I can say from a Pirate's prospective... with loosing our OC ( as one sided as he was ), Loosing Q, Getting a new OC, and finding a replacement for Q on both sides of the ball, Won't be easy ... we have some good kids and they adapt well... we have some great coaches and they will have these kids prepared to the best of their ability week in and week out... But its of course an uphill battle, as always against Nederland and PN-G... Can it be done??? defiantly.. thats why you play the game.... Vidor lost a lot of talent across the board this past season... but we have some up and comers that will fill them shoes nicely... I believe Boutte will be at Safety... which I think he should be used as a CB due to his speed and height and move Celly to SS... you also have Nymchinski ( Nemo ) playing again at CB...  I believe my twins will anchor the Dline with Percy at NG.... across the LBs/DEs you will have sprinkled throughout.. DJ Aull, Patrick Dorn, Bradley Hartmen, and most likely Sage Smith..

Offensively you will have a battle between Sr Sage Smith and So Geth Simmons for Qb... backfield you will have Aull, Smith, Massey, Dorn, Hartmen, Simmons, Steveson, Lain Campbell did very good last year in the backfield for JV also could be a participant  .... Our O line returns 4 out of the 5 from last year... we have several good prospects for the Right Guard position that was vacated by Devin Asher.. "tank" Watson, and Micheal Marion to name a couple..  TE will most likely be Marcus Moore... or Cord Fling... I am sure there are a few I have left out unintentional but that for the most part will be set up..... of course just like an ant pile... you never really know how its going to look after you kick the pile and see what it ends up looking like :-D

These are my and only my opinions....

I do like our chances against any team with the kids we have.... but with new OC coming in I hope its a quick transition and hopefully the system isn't altered to much ( except for passing more ) I am sure Dustoff can throw some light on some of these choices I have put in here...

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as I have said before, you never know what the off season brings. kids get bigger, faster and more disciplined. and yes some do the opposite. however, from what I have seen and heard, these young men are already amped up about next season. as good as Q was and as much as they loved him, they are out to prove that there were actually 10 other players on the field with him. it is my opinion that we will be better than expected in 2013.  you know as well as I do coach C, the level that these young men are capable of reaching. after all we have been apart of their football careers in some aspect their whole lives. a lot of the players you listed(and I agree with the positioning) have been chomping at the bit to get their chance to show what they can do. now that time is here. will, determination and a flat out desire to win make for a great combination. couple that with good coaching and game planning and the results are favorable.

don't sleep on the 2013 Pirates!

I believe that

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1402582" timestamp="1368117741"]
as I have said before, you never know what the off season brings. kids get bigger, faster and more disciplined. and yes some do the opposite. however, from what I have seen and heard, these young men are already amped up about next season. as good as Q was and as much as they loved him, they are out to prove that there were actually 10 other players on the field with him. it is my opinion that we will be better than expected in 2013.  you know as well as I do coach C, the level that these young men are capable of reaching. after all we have been apart of their football careers in some aspect their whole lives. a lot of the players you listed(and I agree with the positioning) have been chomping at the bit to get their chance to show what they can do. now that time is here. will, determination and a flat out desire to win make for a great combination. couple that with good coaching and game planning and the results are favorable.

don't sleep on the 2013 Pirates!

I believe that
[/quote]
+1 yes I agree with the above stated.... and it is very true of them wanting to prove that they can breath without Q... :-D I sincerly hope they overlook Vidor on their schedule because they will be looking back scratching their heads going... WTH??? heheh

as for you topic.

the only challenge I see for SC is Crosby and that's reaching. yeah they have the twins, but SC has a lot more.

Ned will tough to beat again. probably gonna take a perfect game by someone and Ned to not have a good game though. but hey, that's why you play the game. you just never know.

The team that stayed with SC the closest last year was BH and that was without our QB.. BH will have practically the entire team back from last year and we have them at home this year.

Last years scores

SC vs Crosby .. won by 28 points.... 49-21

SC vs Dayton... won by 38 points .... 45-7

SC vs BH ...Won by 13 points .... 24-11

Oh and BH is 2-0 over Big Ned over the last 3 years ;D

My answer is BH for both 8)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1402611" timestamp="1368120735"]
I am missing something. Didnt Nederland lose like 7 starters from defense and most there offensive weapons except for Hopkins??
[/quote]their backups were all better than their starters. Kids like wood stampley pryor raines are all easily replaced. As far as sc goes if vidor could hold onto the football that game would have been a shoot out. Vidor had around 450yds. Sc gave up almost 1000 yds offense in their 2 playoff games. While i think they will score alot until their defense improves they are beatable.

Nedeland will probably start Preston White at QB. I know they have Seau and Krautz working at WR, and they have some linemen coming back, as their Def has quite a few coming back too. They should be the team to beat in 20-4A. But, you never know....

[quote name="johnnyarm" post="1402620" timestamp="1368121257"]
Nedeland will probably start Preston White at QB. I know they have Seau and Krautz working at WR, and they have some linemen coming back, as their Def has quite a few coming back too.[b] They should be the team to beat in 20-4A. [/b] But, you never know....
[/quote]
they are. after 2 straight DC'S, they have a big ole X on their back.

I just don't see Ned's defense being as good as they were. And maybe I'm skeptical but sc lost all there receivers. Yes they still have sharp and the transfer RB so I see them being as good as they were last year but not better and I see Ned being not as good. Heck I'll even go as far to say central (or png depending on how good there freshman are) will challenge them for the crown.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1402633" timestamp="1368122552"]
I just don't see Ned's defense being as good as they were. And maybe I'm skeptical but sc lost all there receivers. Yes they still have sharp and the transfer RB so I see them being as good as they were last year but not better and I see Ned being not as good. Heck I'll even go as far to say central (or png depending on how good there freshman are) will challenge them for the crown.
[/quote]

You can underestimate Nederland all you want, but the fact remains they are going to be hard to get around again.... PNG i think is still a year or so from being back to where they once were...

Summer Creek is going to be hard to stop again... hands down... they are big, athletic, and have that attitude that will keep them moving whether the defense holds up or not you have to stop that offense and with the addition of King and with the rest of their returners its going to be a tough road for 19-4A to unthrown them... as much as i like to see all the SC fans get riled up on here the one thing they have backing them is their performance in the past 2 seasons.... and I am also wondering if the ISD that is getting closed in Houston has any talent and when HISD takes it over if some of them will evacuate to surronding communities ... i am not sure of where this ISD is.... what ISDs are close to them and will they be able to make any impact on them school districts as far as added talent..... maybe one of the SC guys will get on and help me with this....

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1402644" timestamp="1368123634"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=111829.msg1402633#msg1402633 date=1368122552]
[/quote]

You can underestimate Nederland all you want, but the fact remains they are going to be hard to get around again.... PNG i think is still a year or so from being back to where they once were...

Summer Creek is going to be hard to stop again... hands down... they are big, athletic, and have that attitude that will keep them moving whether the defense holds up or not you have to stop that offense and with the addition of King and with the rest of their returners its going to be a tough road for 19-4A to unthrown them... as much as i like to see all the SC fans get riled up on here the one thing they have backing them is their performance in the past 2 seasons.... and I am also wondering if the ISD that is getting closed in Houston has any talent and when HISD takes it over if some of them will evacuate to surronding communities ... i am not sure of where this ISD is.... what ISDs are close to them and will they be able to make any impact on them school districts as far as added talent..... maybe one of the SC guys will get on and help me with this....
[/quote]

North Forest is being absorbed by HISD. 

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1402595" timestamp="1368119030"]
The team that stayed with SC the closest last year was BH and that was without our QB.. BH will have practically the entire team back from last year and we have them at home this year.

Last years scores

SC vs BH ...[b]Won by 13 points[/b] .... 24-11

[/quote]

Keep in mind, we barely ran plays and laid low that game. The entire Dayton community were in the building

I just don't see Ned's defense being as good as they were. And maybe I'm skeptical but sc lost all there receivers. Yes they still have sharp and the transfer RB so I see them being as good as they were last year but not better and I see Ned being not as good. Heck I'll even go as far to say [b]central (or png depending on how good there freshman are) will challenge them for the crown[/b].
[/quote]
A bunch of sophomores will not make to big of a difference against Ned. Ned has plenty of talent returning and coming up. I see them running through district unbeaten again this coming up year. After that, who knows.. It'll be a toss up.

[/quote]Ned was good last year because they suffocated you with that pressure from the d-line, mainly with Washington who will be back next year but he won't have that same caliber help he did last year and teams can give him more attention. Ned's d was great last year but the offense was middle of the road. You just couldn't get much done last year against them without them being in your backfield. Ned isn't going to put 40 on you like SC will though, SC couldn't stop people like Ned last year though. I think Ned still puts that 20 or 21 on you next year but they'll hard pressed to keep people in the teens having lost their 2nd through 5th or 6th best defenders. Good thing about it we won't have to wait long to see where  Ned stands as well as the bi-districts since the Dogs and Coogs get it on in the Den week 1.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1402695" timestamp="1368134213"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=111829.msg1402633#msg1402633 date=1368122552]
[/quote]Ned was good last year because they suffocated you with that pressure from the d-line, mainly with Washington who will be back next year but he won't have that same caliber help he did last year and teams can give him more attention. Ned's d was great last year but the offense was middle of the road. You just couldn't get much done last year against them without them being in your backfield. Ned isn't going to put 40 on you like SC will though, SC couldn't stop people like Ned last year though. I think Ned still puts that 20 or 21 on you next year but they'll hard pressed to keep people in the teens having lost their 2nd through 5th or 6th best defenders. Good thing about it we won't have to wait long to see where  Ned stands as well as the bi-districts since the Dogs and Coogs get it on in the Den week 1.
[/quote]
Good lord did we just agree on something??

[quote name="cougar14" post="1402695" timestamp="1368134213"]
[/quote]
Don't sleep on our offense. Our O will surprise some people this year. Yes, Losing your qb and top 2 recievers is tough. But, moving Seay to reciever adds the size to go along with Kimler, then Krautz coming up to replace Shaw's speed. Running backs are returning and 4 lineman. The D will not be as good, but still enough talent coming back with new additions to stop most teams.

two words define another winning season for Ned.....Larry Neumann.
he does more with less and more with more. so next season, more is on the field again for Nederland and Larry will have those Dogs ready to challenge any naysayers in the district.  Washington and Hopkins are the senior leaders on this team and i would be pretty happy to start any team with them.

don't know much about SC, know that there is talent but discipline might be the shortfall of going further for this team.

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1402687" timestamp="1368132087"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=111829.msg1402595#msg1402595 date=1368119030]

Last years scores

[/quote]

Keep in mind, we barely ran plays and laid low that game. The entire Dayton community were in the building
[/quote]

Whatever makes you sleep better at night ;)

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1402809" timestamp="1368189605"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111829.msg1402687#msg1402687 date=1368132087]

Last years scores

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Wins help us sleep better and last season we slept like babies. ;)

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1402812" timestamp="1368189945"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=111829.msg1402809#msg1402809 date=1368189605]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111829.msg1402687#msg1402687 date=1368132087]

Last years scores

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Wins help us sleep better and last season we slept like babies. ;)
[/quote]

Haha ;D

Nederland's Offense will be the reason, I believe, they go undefeated in District.  What they lost on defense won't hurt them bad enough to be seen until the playoffs begin.  Maybe by then, some of those holes will be filled with new Def studs.
Vidor will be tough but not tough enough to take Ned.  I think Ned is Vidor's only district loss this year. 
I don't think PNG will be as good as some are hoping/predicting.  This year will be a 'little' better than last year.  Maybe one additional district win but not more than that.
Same can be said for Lumberton.  They will be better than last year but, like PNG, they are a couple years away from winning consistently
Central is my prediction to surprise a few people this year.  They won't do anything crazy like upset Nederland, but they will turn some heads, especially when they grab the #4 playoff spot.

And yeah, Summer Creek will be dominant but not against Crosby.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Raza012
    Newest Member
    Raza012