Summer Creek Domination? Nederland Domination?

on this post.. who slings the BS the best  

24 members have voted

1. 1. on this post.. who slings the BS the best

• SummerCreek it is!
    • cougar14
    • DemDAWGS!
    • aschom78
    • HUM398
    • Mr. Buddy Garrity
    • who cares ITS FUN UNTIL FOOTBALL STARTS!!!

[quote name="aschom78" post="1409376" timestamp="1369935189"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111829.msg1409372#msg1409372 date=1369934597]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1409319#msg1409319 date=1369928574]
Deunte Chatman ,running back for Summer Creek,class of 2015 ran the ball 3 times for 120 yards in Summer Creek's spring game.Today,I timed his 40 at 4.49 and he is 6'1 210lbs and bench-presses close to 400 pounds.You can look him up on youtube.com ,too.This weekend ,he will camp at Baylor on Saturday and Texas A&M on Sunday and at UT camp next Sunday.I think it is time for him to start receiving some offers.He has a 3.9 GPA and just took his ACT and SAT tests
[/quote]

He did a good job in Spring game at RB! I just feel he's better at LB, he's a big kid but need to work his speed for that RB position. Our fastest RB is playing WR, and that's AJ Jeffrey. I still believe Ford will put him in back field before its all said and done.....
[/quote]
Jeffery looked like he [b]struggled[/b] a bit at the spring game at WR, may still be in the process of adjusting. I think chatman's speed is good, sub 4.5.
[/quote]

he didn't really struggle to me, he missed a pass in his hands, but Sharp threw a bad pass to him also....Chatman run a 4.5 maybe that is without pads. We will see what he does in the game. I'm hoping the best for him though.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cougar14" post="1409371" timestamp="1369934374"]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1409319#msg1409319 date=1369928574]
Deunte Chatman ,running back for Summer Creek,class of 2015 ran the ball 3 times for 120 yards in Summer Creek's spring game.Today,I timed his 40 at 4.49 and he is 6'1 210lbs and bench-presses close to 400 pounds.You can look him up on youtube.com ,too.This weekend ,he will camp at Baylor on Saturday and Texas A&M on Sunday and at UT camp next Sunday.I think it is time for him to start receiving some offers.He has a 3.9 GPA and just took his ACT and SAT tests
[/quote]Put a link up with some film or something. He's getting invites right now because he had a good SPARQ rating, not because of what he's done on the field. Kids get offers early now but I think we need to see if he can actually play first. Sounds like he should be able to but he could also just be one of the kids on the ''all shorts'' team. If he's that good already why didn't he start last year as a sophomore and why is [b]Braden supposed to start this year?[/b]
[/quote]

Braden has the experience, and that's his natural position, RB.....remember Jordan had the most carries out of any of the backs we had last year.....I think him and Chatman share time and both should have a good season

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1409401" timestamp="1369940880"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111829.msg1409371#msg1409371 date=1369934374]
[/quote]Put a link up with some film or something. He's getting invites right now because he had a good SPARQ rating, not because of what he's done on the field. Kids get offers early now but I think we need to see if he can actually play first. Sounds like he should be able to but he could also just be one of the kids on the ''all shorts'' team. If he's that good already why didn't he start last year as a sophomore and why is [b]Braden supposed to start this year?[/b]
[/quote]

Braden has the experience, and that's his natural position, RB.....remember Jordan had the most carries out of any of the backs we had last year.....I think him and Chatman share time and both should have a good season
[/quote]I'm just wondering why Jeffrey is playing receiver and there's no clear cut starter at rb. I understand wanting to get your best athletes in space but having a potential 1500 yards at receiver is kind of questionable when you don't have a proven back.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1409411" timestamp="1369943447"]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111829.msg1409401#msg1409401 date=1369940880]
[/quote]

[/quote]I'm just wondering why Jeffrey is playing receiver and there's no clear cut starter at rb. I understand wanting to get your best athletes in space but having a potential 1500 yards at receiver is kind of questionable when you don't have a proven back.
[/quote]

only seeing this team play 1 time last year if they had a big back like a Jerome Bettis type that could pound the rock up the middle and still be able to sling it around on the edges and over the top they would be even more unstoppable... The O Line did the best I had seen all year of stopping our D Line... I don't think they will need a scat back ... they need someone that requires Defenses to pack the middle to open up the edges... and if the D's ignore the big back threat up the middle and secure the outside they will get run over all night.. again this is a 1 game assessment and I am sure it has its flaws....

[quote name="SummerCreek it is!" post="1409372" timestamp="1369934597"]
[/quote]

He did a good job in Spring game at RB! I just feel he's better at LB, he's a big kid but need to work his speed for that RB position. Our fastest RB is playing WR, and that's AJ Jeffrey. I still believe Ford will put him in back field before its all said and done.....
[/quote]heck if the kid ran a sub 4.5 speed is not an issue. How many rbs ran sub 4.5 at nfl combine. Just looked i think 4 rbs ran sub 4.5 times at the nfl combine. So if this kid runs a legit 4 5 im sure he is fast enough to play rb in high school.

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1409418" timestamp="1369943955"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111829.msg1409411#msg1409411 date=1369943447]
[quote author=SummerCreek it is! link=topic=111829.msg1409401#msg1409401 date=1369940880]
[/quote]

[/quote]

only seeing this team play 1 time last year if they had a big back like a Jerome Bettis type that could pound the rock up the middle and still be able to sling it around on the edges and over the top they would be even more unstoppable... The O Line did the best I had seen all year of stopping our D Line... I don't think they will need a scat back ... they need someone that requires Defenses to pack the middle to open up the edges... and if the D's ignore the big back threat up the middle and secure the outside they will get run over all night.. again this is a 1 game assessment and I am sure it has its flaws....
[/quote]All SC has is what are considered big backs in high school. Aldridge was a bigger kid and Braden is pretty thick too. What they need is a quicker back like Walter or Jeffery was last year. They throw it down the field and pound it in but that's working for them. SC's theory is the same as Sulphur Springs when they won the title which was throw to open up the run. You get tired of chasing those receivers down the field and when you do they hit you with those 200 lb backs. It's working though, SC much like us has to figure out how to stop people though.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1409532" timestamp="1369962232"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=111829.msg1409418#msg1409418 date=1369943955]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=111829.msg1409411#msg1409411 date=1369943447]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]All SC has is what are considered big backs in high school. Aldridge was a bigger kid and Braden is pretty thick too. What they need is a quicker back like Walter or Jeffery was last year. They throw it down the field and pound it in but that's working for them. SC's theory is the same as Sulphur Springs when they won the title which was throw to open up the run. You get tired of chasing those receivers down the field and when you do they hit you with those 200 lb backs. It's working though, SC much like us has to figure out how to stop people though.
[/quote]

I would have to watch some more game film to give a conjecture on this subject... from what I remember you had 1 beast of a LB but seemed like he was the only one that was on the prowl and headed towards the Football at all times... there was a huge DLineman also... but it was like there was no thought of the run from the safety or DBs... and hell Ray Charles could see we were going to run LOL again I would have to watch more film to give you a better view on my part.... NOT that it would mean a hill of beans to anyone just my opinion for whats its worth... and i am certainly not going to tear down a team just for the sake of trying to make them look bad...

Jordan Braden may have had the most carries of any of their {Summer Creek} running backs last year but he was the third leading rusher on his team behind a third-string running back.Deunte Chatman is the real deal.Check out what he did in the spring game and you will see that he is a better back.If they have a open competition for running back at SC and show no favortism he would win the job hands down.He is bigger,6'1 faster 40 4.5 and stronger bench-presses almost 400 pounds

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1409665" timestamp="1370011763"]
Jordan Braden may have had the most carries of any of their {Summer Creek} running backs last year but he was the third leading rusher on his team behind a third-string running back.[b]Deunte Chatman is the real deal[/b].Check out what he did in the spring game and you will see that he is a better back.If they have a open competition for running back at SC and show no favortism he would win the job hands down.He is bigger,6'1 faster 40 4.5 and stronger bench-presses almost 400 pounds
[/quote]

I know he is a great kid, I believe they both will do well. Especially if our line get it together

Jordan Braden may have had the most carries of any of their {Summer Creek} running backs last year but he was the third leading rusher on his team behind a third-string running back.Deunte Chatman is the real deal.Check out what he did in the spring game and you will see that he is a better back.If they have a open competition for running back at SC and show no favortism he would win the job hands down.He is bigger,6'1 faster 40 4.5 and stronger bench-presses almost 400 pounds
[/quote]
Well then why didn't he get the start last year??

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1409687" timestamp="1370017615"]
Deunte Chatman played te and olb last year for Summer Creek.
[/quote]Why didn't he start at rb last year though? SC's backs were decent at best last year. We had a 1000 yard back in Jacoby Scott and Austin took his spot as a sophomore. I know he's not a better rb than Jeffery or he would've started over Aldridge last year. 3 carries in the spring game is about important as the fg's they practice with no rush. Unless he grew 2 inches in a month he's still 5-11. ISounds like he can play but he has to put something on film first.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1409723" timestamp="1370025133"]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1409687#msg1409687 date=1370017615]
Deunte Chatman played te and olb last year for Summer Creek.
[/quote]Why didn't he start at Rob last year though? SC's backs were decent at best last year. We had a 1000 yard back in Jacoby Scott and Austin took his spot as a sophomore. I know he's not a better rb than Jeffery or he would've started over Aldridge last year. 3 carries in the spring game is about important as the fg's they practice with no rush. Unless he grew 2 inches in a month he's still 5-11. ISounds like he can play but he has to put something on film first.
[/quote]
I don't think Chatman has had much experience at the position, he just started getting reps this spring and it looks like he made the most of it.

Well if he doesn't have that much experience then lets not sing his praises just yet. Yeah he may have shown some promise during a spring game but anyone who has ever played football can tell you that there is a big difference between spring games and the true "friday night lights". I'd say lets wait to see what he can do on when it matters.

[/quote]

Is it possible that the coach honestly thinks that Chatman can help the TEAM more by starting at TE and LB rather than at RB.  I know that is not always what the parents want to hear but if the coaches only played kids where the parents or kids want, then they would never be able to field a complete team.  Besides most of the kids that are truly gifted, and it sounds like Chatman is, are going to play the position in college that the coaches there think he can help most with.  Or are we going to tell the college coaches where to play him also???  I say just let em play.  The cream always has a way of rising to the top.

[quote name="AthleticSupporter - Jock" post="1409834" timestamp="1370044592"]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1409665#msg1409665 date=1370011763]
[/quote]

Is it possible that the coach honestly thinks that Chatman can help the TEAM more by starting at TE and LB rather than at RB.  I know that is not always what the parents want to hear but if the coaches only played kids where the parents or kids want, then they would never be able to field a complete team.  Besides most of the kids that are truly gifted, and it sounds like Chatman is, are going to play the position in college that the coaches there think he can help most with.  Or are we going to tell the college coaches where to play him also???  I say just let em play.  The cream always has a way of rising to the top.
[/quote]

And if that advice doesn't work then I would suggest the following:
While playing OLB, hit the RB so hard everyday until he decides he doesn't want to run the ball anymore.  If the coach asks why you are acting that way, tell him that it is your spot and this is the only way I know how to take it away from him.  The more deserving person will end up with the RB position, I promise. 

Deunte Chatman doesn't complain about anything.He just wants to win and he is a team player.He can play multiple positions on the field so that makes him a  valuable asset.I think that he is one of the best athletes in Texas Class of 2015 that no one has  heard of yet.This time next year you will know about him for sure

[quote name="DChatman2008" post="1409839" timestamp="1370045608"]
Deunte Chatman doesn't complain about anything.He just wants to win and he is a team player.He can play multiple positions on the field so that makes him a  valuable asset.I think that he is one of the best athletes in Texas Class of 2015 that no one has  heard of yet.This time next year you will know about him for sure
[/quote]
Well see about that.

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1409843" timestamp="1370046282"]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1409839#msg1409839 date=1370045608]
[/quote]
Well see about that.
[/quote]MTC, he's probably right. I know what YOUR saying though. Basically all he has to do is start next year and he should be able to make enough plays for some decent film. The taller he can get the more offers he'll receive because recruiters know in a couple years he's going to be 6-something and weigh in the mid to high 220s just like Allen. Before the Nike camp Dakota was considered strictly an inside lb, but after he ran good 40 for his position he was considered more versatile. That's important, especially if you play in a conference where you see a lot of spread offenses which means you have to cover TE's and RB's more than usual. It means you can play three downs. I don't know how good of a RB he'll be but LB or an Aaron Hernandez-like TE could be in play come offer time and he's going to be rated high no matter what because of how well he tests. I'm with you though My Two, put it on film.   

[/quote]This is D'onta Foreman. Kid is similar in size and speed, I also heard from one of the team parents he's a monster in the weight room. This is his film from last year and how good you have to be to not get an offer to play RB. I know it says RB but all the big schools are recruiting him as an LB.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/558848/highlights/19790373

You think Chatman will be that good next year?

[quote name="cougar14" post="1409846" timestamp="1370047861"]
[quote author=$MTC-28$ link=topic=111829.msg1409843#msg1409843 date=1370046282]
[quote author=DChatman2008 link=topic=111829.msg1409839#msg1409839 date=1370045608]
[/quote]
Well see about that.
[/quote]MTC, he's probably right. I know what YOUR saying though. Basically all he has to do is start next year and he should be able to make enough plays for some decent film. The taller he can get the more offers he'll receive because recruiters know in a couple years he's going to be 6-something and weigh in the mid to high 220s just like Allen. Before the Nike camp Dakota was considered strictly an inside lb, but after he ran good 40 for his position he was considered more versatile. That's important, especially if you play in a conference where you see a lot of spread offenses which means you have to cover TE's and RB's more than usual. It means you can play three downs. I don't know how good of a RB he'll be but LB or an Aaron Hernandez-like TE could be in play come offer time and he's going to be rated high no matter what because of how well he tests. I'm with you though My Two, put it on film. 
[/quote]
Oh I'm not saying he won't be great or anything like that. I'm just saying I'm not sold on what one poster says and stats from a spring game. Well see if he can produce come Friday night.

No doubt Chatman is a good athlete. He also happens to be on a team with other good athletes which includes Braden. We need to all get on the same page and stay focused on our goal for this year because next year he's going to be the work horse who's going to get all he can handle.

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1409853" timestamp="1370049242"]
No doubt Chatman is a good athlete. He also happens to be on a team with other good athletes which includes Braden. We need to all get on the same page and stay focused on our goal for this year because next year he's going to be the work horse who's going to get all he can handle.
[/quote]

That's true. We have a lot of good athletes on the team....I think Braden and Chatman are both satisfied right now that they will share time....you always need to good backs remember they take a lot of pounding. If our kids stay hungry, and play as a team which I know they will, they will be successful....regardless what the parents think and say  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kabamok245
    Newest Member
    kabamok245