Summer Creek Domination? Nederland Domination?

on this post.. who slings the BS the best  

24 members have voted

1. 1. on this post.. who slings the BS the best

• SummerCreek it is!
    • cougar14
    • DemDAWGS!
    • aschom78
    • HUM398
    • Mr. Buddy Garrity
    • who cares ITS FUN UNTIL FOOTBALL STARTS!!!

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1410967" timestamp="1370448609"]

:-D well i couldn't pass it up.... i mean it just jumped out at me and said HEY LOOK AT THIS!!! :-D ... and it seems from what I read on here there are more holes in the SC program this year than expected.... did some upcoming talent move? or just not filling out like they thought they were?? or is there more rust then expected....
[/quote]

there are definitely more questions. 

Its not a question of capable talent, its a question of melding all the pieces together to make a unit that works according to one purpose.  They will be fine against inferior talented teams, but teams with similar talent and superior continuity will rip SC apart.

Its far more then rust.  I can say from a technical standpoint, both OL and DL are going to be weaknesses for this team.  DL will struggle to create pressure against technically sound Offensive lines, and the Offensive line will struggle to create running lanes against faster and stronger defensive lines

You may very well get a duplicate of last year, if all other teams stayed exactly the same.  Thats highly unlikely.    Like i said before, Summer Creek is the favorite.  However, its logically feasible that this SC team could be worse given they lack the cohesion of the previous year.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HUM398" post="1411195" timestamp="1370470731"]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=111829.msg1410967#msg1410967 date=1370448609]

:-D well i couldn't pass it up.... i mean it just jumped out at me and said HEY LOOK AT THIS!!! :-D ... and it seems from what I read on here there are more holes in the SC program this year than expected.... did some upcoming talent move? or just not filling out like they thought they were?? or is there more rust then expected....
[/quote]

Its not a question of capable talent, its a question of melding all the pieces together to make a unit that works according to one purpose.  They will be fine against inferior talented teams, but teams with similar talent and superior continuity will rip SC apart.

Its far more then rust.  I can say from a technical standpoint, both OL and DL are going to be weaknesses for this team.  DL will struggle to create pressure against technically sound Offensive lines, and the Offensive line will struggle to create running lanes against faster and stronger defensive lines

You may very well get a duplicate of last year, if all other teams stayed exactly the same.  Thats highly unlikely.    Like i said before, Summer Creek is the favorite.  However, its logically feasible that this SC team could be worse given they lack the cohesion of the previous year.
[/quote]

Will agree in terms of the Offensive and Defensive lines.  My understanding is SC has returned several offensive lineman.  Really hoping for a more dominant line this year.  5A Georgetown beat us up in the trenches last year.

Weakeness on the line is trouble for the playoffs.  We'll see.  They have all summer to work out the kinks.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411208" timestamp="1370473208"]
[quote author=HUM398 link=topic=111829.msg1411195#msg1411195 date=1370470731]
[quote author=Coach Comeaux link=topic=111829.msg1410967#msg1410967 date=1370448609]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Will agree in terms of the Offensive and Defensive lines.  My understanding is SC has returned several offensive lineman.  Really hoping for a more dominant line this year.  5A Georgetown beat us up in the trenches last year.

[b]Weakeness on the line is trouble for the playoffs[/b].  We'll see.  They have all summer to work out the kinks.
[/quote]

One of the reasons Ned went far the last past years and upcoming years 8)

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411208" timestamp="1370473208"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Will agree in terms of the Offensive and Defensive lines.  My understanding is SC has returned several offensive lineman.  Really hoping for a more dominant line this year.  [b]4A Georgetown[/b] beat us up in the trenches last year.

Weakeness on the line is trouble for the playoffs.  We'll see.  They have all summer to work out the kinks.
[/quote]

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1411248" timestamp="1370480642"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1411208#msg1411208 date=1370473208]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Will agree in terms of the Offensive and Defensive lines.  My understanding is SC has returned several offensive lineman.  Really hoping for a more dominant line this year.  [b]4A Georgetown[/b] beat us up in the trenches last year.

[/quote]
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHA dang typos!!! Glad MBG was there to help you with that DDs...

[quote name="ram0524" post="1411222" timestamp="1370475014"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1411208#msg1411208 date=1370473208]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]Weakeness on the line is trouble for the playoffs[/b].  We'll see.  They have all summer to work out the kinks.
[/quote]

One of the reasons Ned went far the last past years and upcoming years 8)
[/quote]

Can't argue there. This is one reason why a move to 5A for SC will be bad news. Just not seeing enough true lineman coming thru so far

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1411248" timestamp="1370480642"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Will agree in terms of the Offensive and Defensive lines.  My understanding is SC has returned several offensive lineman.  Really hoping for a more dominant line this year.  [b]5A Georgetown[/b] beat us up in the trenches last year.

[/quote]
[/quote]

No, no, no.  I meant what I said Mr. Garrity.  [size=36pt]5A[/size] GTown got a chance to rob in 4A last year.  The UiL threw them a bone.  I bet that team won't hit .500 this year.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411257" timestamp="1370483678"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111829.msg1411248#msg1411248 date=1370480642]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Will agree in terms of the Offensive and Defensive lines.  My understanding is SC has returned several offensive lineman.  Really hoping for a more dominant line this year.  [b]5A Georgetown[/b] beat us up in the trenches last year.

[/quote]
[/quote]

No, no, no.  I meant what I said Mr. Garrity.  [size=36pt]5A[/size] GTown got a chance to rob in 4A last year.  The UiL threw them a bone.  I bet that team won't hit .500 this year.
[/quote]
Please don't start that again.

[quote name="$MTC-28$" post="1411260" timestamp="1370484598"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1411257#msg1411257 date=1370483678]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=111829.msg1411248#msg1411248 date=1370480642]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

LOL!  WE WILL NEVER FORGET.  Buy the T-Shirt.  I'm asking all SC Fans to join me in vigil every November 24th to remember the travesty that took place when a team full of seniors that played in 5A just the year before were allowed to drop into 4A and rob the place blind.  The game that everyone wanted to see was SC vs. Neverland.  Of course we win that game by 50points and move on to Jerry-land. 

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411261" timestamp="1370485331"]
[quote author=$MTC-28$ link=topic=111829.msg1411260#msg1411260 date=1370484598]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1411257#msg1411257 date=1370483678]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

LOL!  WE WILL NEVER FORGET.  Buy the T-Shirt.  I'm asking all SC Fans to join me in vigil every November 24th to remember the travesty that took place when a team full of seniors that played in 5A just the year before were allowed to drop into 4A and rob the place blind.  The game that everyone wanted to see was SC vs. Neverland.  Of course we [b]win that game by 50points [/b]and move on to Jerry-land.
[/quote]

Sure they would...  ::) ::)

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411261" timestamp="1370485331"]
[quote author=$MTC-28$ link=topic=111829.msg1411260#msg1411260 date=1370484598]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

LOL!  WE WILL NEVER FORGET.  Buy the T-Shirt.  I'm asking all SC Fans to join me in vigil every November 24th to remember the travesty that took place when a team full of seniors that played in 5A just the year before were allowed to drop into 4A and rob the place blind.  The game that everyone wanted to see was SC vs. Neverland.  Of course we win that game by 50points and move on to Jerry-land.
[/quote]
You do realize that summer creek has more students than georgetown right??

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411330" timestamp="1370527238"]
SC's numbers are skewed by transfers from Humble due to Humble's low rating a couple years back.
[/quote]

But their numbers are still higher than Georgetown, no matter how you try to spin it.  Instead of t-shirts you should be selling crying towels!

Or I have something for ya...

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411330" timestamp="1370527238"]
SC's numbers are skewed by transfers from Humble due to Humble's low rating a couple years back.
[/quote]

Sorry , not by that much at all.  If anything, the talent level is skewed because of the transfers.  most if not 90%+ of the transfer were athletic or other after school program related.  The way the zoning is laid out, a parent of a non-athletic student would transfer there kids to Atascocita over SC 9 out of 10 times.  Why?  Because it is closer to the neighborhoods.    The largest density of students is in the Atascocita forest area.  Roughly 2 miles to AHS.  The rest of the students are unlikely to transfer, as the make up of the rest of the zone is primarily economically disadvantaged and lower middle income households....with a lower probability of being able to A. Afford and commit to driving their student 6-12 miles to school  B. Pay enough attention to know that the school district improperly counted repeat seniors and move aways, which provided Humble with an unacceptable rating by the TEA.

I know for a fact that the numbers for SC going into this season were skewed on a technicality during the snap shot.  To keep them in 4a.  Otherwise SC would of been in 5a.  Had they been ready, they would of come in at over 2090.    When schools open up new schools that feed into their zone, they generally round up....according to the rate of growth. However that wasn't done.  When the 2012 season started, no one was shocked to see SC post a 2100+ enrollment count.

Lies, all LIES!  LOL, j/k.

You've clearly done a lot of solid research.  My only point of contention with what you've presented is SC was the hot NEW school.  This played heavily in our surge in enrollment.  The truth of the matter is we drew kids from EVERYWHERE ...primarily economically disadvantaged areas.  I'll agree that kids from masterplan communities would most likely gravitate to AHS, but SC was getting kids from Greenspoint, Sheldon, and Humble.  Probably some that were zoned for Northshore as well.  I live in Summerwood and it never ceases to amaze me how many kids magically appear at our bus stops each school year.  I believe this will level off and maybe even drop once the new school luster wears off.

I'm thinking the UiL may realize this as well.  Some months back another poster mentioned the UiL looks at strength of a program as well as enrollment before moving a school up.  I'm not seeing enough kids showing up for football to support a 5A program at this point.

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411368" timestamp="1370531360"]

You've clearly done a lot of solid research.  My only point of contention with what you've presented is SC was the hot NEW school.  This played heavily in our surge in enrollment.  The truth of the matter is we drew kids from EVERYWHERE ...primarily economically disadvantaged areas.  I'll agree that kids from masterplan communities would most likely gravitate to AHS, but SC was getting kids from Greenspoint, Sheldon, and Humble.  Probably some that were zoned for Northshore as well.  I live in Summerwood and it never ceases to amaze me how many kids magically appear at our bus stops each school year.  I believe this will level off and maybe even drop once the new school luster wears off.

I'm thinking the UiL may realize this as well.  Some months back another poster mentioned the UiL looks at strength of a program as well as enrollment before moving a school up.  I'm not seeing enough kids showing up for football to support a 5A program at this point.
[/quote]

SC was the hot new school.  But it did not play heavily into the surge in enrollment.  The enrollment increase was designed and manufactured by the school district to please developers.  The developers asked for a high school sooner, and the logic was to give them what they wanted to spur additional growth in the area for development.  Summer Creek was built a full 5-6 years before its initial inception.  In fact, it was not even suppose to be where it is located right now.  It was only because the land was offered up at a ridiculous price that Summer Creek ended up where it was. 

Also those kids, at the bus stop....live there.  Each year Humble ISD does a pretty accurate assessment of how many students from out of district sneak in.  Its always a very low percentage, last i checked it was less then 2% district wide.  A margin that even in high concentration is not enough to greatly affect a surge in enrollment.  Furthermore, if you read the PASA study along with the other districts Demographic studies... You will find that Summer Creek and Humble are both attract young middle income minority families from across the GHA.  You will also find that migration pattern for other districts south of us are now moving to districts like Sheldon and Humble ISD instead of Houston ISD like they have for the previous two decades.  ESPECIALLY among middle class black's, Houston ISD is losing their black population to schools like Humble High, C.E King, Summer Creek, etc.....much like Aldine ISD loses their student population to Klein and Spring ISD.    I have lived here a long long time, and this has been a gradually building pattern for the last 20 years.

I have been around high school football for a very long time.  I can assure you that the UIL doesn't care who is ready for whatever class.  If they did, they wouldn't of forced schools like Marshall and Willowridge to play 5a ball for the last 5-8 years with low 4a numbers.    The UIL is concerned about 2 things....How to make football a everyone wins sport and travel distance.    The UIL requires the athletic departments to supply the capture shot of enrollments.  when they are in,they take the top 245 schools and make them 5a; and then the remaining 246 4a, etc.    From there they create districts based on travel times and depending on the amount of bourbon they ingest the night before....who the lucky [censored] are that has to travel to the Golden Triangle for 5a (it wasn't that long ago when Humble High was paired with the Spring schools to travel to Beaumont and PATX).    And the final note, they don't look at program participation (although i have always argued that it is a far better gage) to determine what class people should go in.  About 4 years ago, Sam Houston High had to play 5a ball with 17 people on varsity.........17.

[quote name="HUM398" post="1411420" timestamp="1370537478"]
[quote author=DemDAWGS! link=topic=111829.msg1411368#msg1411368 date=1370531360]

[/quote]

SC was the hot new school.  But it did not play heavily into the surge in enrollment.  The enrollment increase was designed and manufactured by the school district to please developers.  The developers asked for a high school sooner, and the logic was to give them what they wanted to spur additional growth in the area for development.  Summer Creek was built a full 5-6 years before its initial inception.  In fact, it was not even suppose to be where it is located right now.  It was only because the land was offered up at a ridiculous price that Summer Creek ended up where it was. 

Also those kids, at the bus stop....live there.  Each year Humble ISD does a pretty accurate assessment of how many students from out of district sneak in.  Its always a very low percentage, last i checked it was less then 2% district wide.  A margin that even in high concentration is not enough to greatly affect a surge in enrollment.  Furthermore, if you read the PASA study along with the other districts Demographic studies... You will find that Summer Creek and Humble are both attract young middle income minority families from across the GHA.  You will also find that migration pattern for other districts south of us are now moving to districts like Sheldon and Humble ISD instead of Houston ISD like they have for the previous two decades.  ESPECIALLY among middle class black's, Houston ISD is losing their black population to schools like Humble High, C.E King, Summer Creek, etc.....much like Aldine ISD loses their student population to Klein and Spring ISD.    I have lived here a long long time, and this has been a gradually building pattern for the last 20 years.

I have been around high school football for a very long time.  I can assure you that the UIL doesn't care who is ready for whatever class.  If they did, they wouldn't of forced schools like Marshall and Willowridge to play 5a ball for the last 5-8 years with low 4a numbers.    The UIL is concerned about 2 things....How to make football a everyone wins sport and travel distance.    The UIL requires the athletic departments to supply the capture shot of enrollments.  when they are in,they take the top 245 schools and make them 5a; and then the remaining 246 4a, etc.    From there they create districts based on travel times and depending on the amount of bourbon they ingest the night before....who the lucky [censored] are that has to travel to the Golden Triangle for 5a (it wasn't that long ago when Humble High was paired with the Spring schools to travel to Beaumont and PATX).    And the final note, they don't look at program participation (although i have always argued that it is a far better gage) to determine what class people should go in.  About 4 years ago, Sam Houston High had to play 5a ball with 17 people on varsity.........17.
[/quote]

Some of this just doesn't jive with the facts on the ground.  Having said that, I'm obviously not able to put a solid # on how many kids slipped over to SC.  My information comes from kids (including my own) that attend(ed) SC.  Also, if you look at the demographics of Summerwood & Fall Creek ...they don't nearly match the demo of SC.  Furthermore, regarding the kids you state that live in community ...just seems daggon strange I NEVER see them until school time.  Not on a bike, not at the pool, not in front of a house ...I'm just speaking about my section of the neighborhood. 

The school needed numbers to justify the cash outlay.  I'm not certain how much real scrutiny went on during the first couple years.  I don't think the administration truly anticipated how many kids showed up at SC.  A good example was the textbook shortages and over crowded lunch rooms.  Atascocita HS went through it as well.  My oldest daughter is a grad of their 1st 4 year class. 

[quote name="DemDAWGS!" post="1411484" timestamp="1370544419"]

Some of this just doesn't jive with the facts on the ground.  Having said that, I'm obviously not able to put a solid # on how many kids slipped over to SC.  My information comes from kids (including my own) that attend(ed) SC.  Also, if you look at the demographics of Summerwood & Fall Creek ...they don't nearly match the demo of SC.  Furthermore, regarding the kids you state that live in community ...just seems daggon strange I NEVER see them until school time.  Not on a bike, not at the pool, not in front of a house ...I'm just speaking about my section of the neighborhood. 

The school needed numbers to justify the cash outlay.  I'm not certain how much real scrutiny went on during the first couple years.  I don't think the administration truly anticipated how many kids showed up at SC.  A good example was the textbook shortages and over crowded lunch rooms.  Atascocita HS went through it as well.  My oldest daughter is a grad of their 1st 4 year class.
[/quote]

They jive with US Census data, PASA Demographic Data, HISD internal Demographic data.    Fall Creek and Summer Wood are both more diverse than you think. Do me a favor a take a look at the elementary and middle school breakdowns for your neighborhoods. (Summerwood, Park Lakes,Lake Shore, Fall Creek) surely, you aren't suggesting that the anomaly occurs throughout every level of schooling?  Its just highly unlikely.  The number are just too similar.  Granted, i will give you that they are not exact...however the margin of error would be minuscule.  also, I would suggest that simply not seeing their presence is not suitable evidence for declaring your perception to be an accurate assessment.  I can assure you, that the vast majority of the students that are on that bus stop don't get dropped off their every morning by parents who live elsewhere. It is highly improbable considering the data shows a congruence.

Atascocita show rapid growth with the development of eagle springs, faster then it was anticipated.  Furthermore the school district did a poor job in redrawing the lines to accurately forecast demographic changes.  or in other words, they bit off more then they could chew.  They had to expand the original campus by 400 with a development of an additional wing. 

The other items you pointed out are administrative failures in planning.  Common in Texas school system given resources are often diverted for ridiculous purposes.

i don't mean to be a jackass.  I just want to route out any improper thinking that leads people to believe that SC is somehow at a disadvantage.  They are not.  They have the wind at their backs, and help from the powers that be.  This is factual.

It however, doesn't change the fact that they are what they are.  The best in this UIL district as it stands (2012 results).

You can understand that the majority of us who have been following high school football for as long as we have, it can be cumbersome when a team claims they are at some sort of disadvantage...when they aren't.   

There is no shame in a 3rd year varsity program doing as well as they have.  Its practically unheard of. 

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1411426" timestamp="1370538018"]
WOW HUM398 My hat is off to you on your knowledge and research of just not SC but the Houston area in general... +1 for you for the insight you have provided...
[/quote]

What can i say.... Texas High School Football.  lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder